$36 Trillion for Clean Energy, IEA reports.

Except for water I'd agree. US aquifers where we get most of our's is nearly depleted. But for PBS documentaries though they don't talk about that much.
Where I live in Southern California they build Solar Plants on top of the aquifer and then pump the water out, by the acre foot to run the plant, and they tell us they can do this forever, everywhere in the U.S., everywhere in the World.

How is that? We have water for Solar but the water is almost all gone?

Except for water I'd agree. US aquifers where we get most of our's is nearly depleted. But for PBS documentaries though they don't talk about that much.
Where I live in Southern California they build Solar Plants on top of the aquifer and then pump the water out, by the acre foot to run the plant, and they tell us they can do this forever, everywhere in the U.S., everywhere in the World.

The resivor pump storage idea is truly stupid. Whom will they deprive of water to do this? It wont be the city which produces nothing of value for food or power... it will be farmers and ranchers.. those evil oil people and Republicans...

A coal, nuclear or fossil fuel plant of any kind normally last 25-40 years. They're then replaced with a new generation of plants for another 25-40 years! You think it is free to do this? We can either choose to build a fossil fuel plant or a renewable one(wind farm, solar farm, etc) to do this job.

Link, asshole, otherwise just another lie.

Renewables are going to last better than the current fossil fuels we use. It is better that we utilize them.

Seriously, no SUN? ---> how do you suppose the sun or solar radiation from the sun going to disappear anytime soon? According to physics estimates the sun is still going to shine for a few billion years before it bec0mes a red giant and eventually runs out of hydr0gen fuel.

How so that solar would continue to rely on oil? Are there not going to be advantages in technology in order to improve current design and method of how its produced?

How about wind? Does the wind will eventually stop to flow? As long as their is an imbalance in the heat distribution on the planet (which would certainly be continuing) there are certainly going to be wind currents.

How about the flowing water? Does the earth going to run out of water anytime soon? Is the water cycle going to stop anytime soon? Hydrothermal source is also a viable source of energy.

Geothermal. Is the interior of the Earth going to cool down anytime soon? Does it need oil to maintain the thousands of degrees of heat inside the earth?

Renewables are going to last better than the current fossil fuels we use. It is better that we utilize them.

Seriously, no SUN? ---> how do you suppose the sun or solar radiation from the sun going to disappear anytime soon? According to physics estimates the sun is still going to shine for a few billion years before it bec0mes a red giant and eventually runs out of hydr0gen fuel.

How so that solar would continue to rely on oil? Are there not going to be advantages in technology in order to improve current design and method of how its produced?

How about wind? Does the wind will eventually stop to flow? As long as their is an imbalance in the heat distribution on the planet (which would certainly be continuing) there are certainly going to be wind currents.

How about the flowing water? Does the earth going to run out of water anytime soon? Is the water cycle going to stop anytime soon? Hydrothermal source is also a viable source of energy.

Geothermal. Is the interior of the Earth going to cool down anytime soon? Does it need oil to maintain the thousands of degrees of heat inside the earth?

I wonder what percent of the earth's surface is covered in water?

I don't reckon the water cycle is going to stop anytime soon even if US aquifers are nearly depleted. Besides, the water being used for hydrothermal energy production are not the water underground but the water that keeps flowing from the mountains (which continually get's its source from precipitated water from the atmosphere) down to the rivers, waterfalls and streams.

It is well known that Solar requires massive amounts of water while only working in areas with no water, the desert. So how is it possible, you just stated the aquifers are empty but Solar is drawing water from those same aquifers.

Seems like you are the liar, old crock. I even gave you a little picture, old crock.

Is Anything Stopping a Truly Massive Build-Out of Desert Solar Power - Scientific American
Water and dust
On the engineering side, though, Darling says that there are one or two challenges that still could be “deal breakers,” at least for some technologies. The big one is water. Concentrating solar power (CSP) plants, like traditional power plants, need to be cooled to run, and cooling takes water—lots of it. And of course, if water were abundant in the desert, it wouldn’t be the desert. At Ivanpah, on-site wells supply the plant with water, but that solution won’t always be feasible. “I can’t think of any technical way around that unless a dry cooling technology that’s effective and affordable is developed,” Darling says. “No one has really come up with a way to do that.”

For photovoltaics (PV), water is only needed to clean the panels, which brings up the second large problem with desert solar: dust. Solar panels and mirrors need to be cleaned almost daily if efficiencies are to stay where they need to be. Dust is not transparent, so even just one gram of dust per square meter of solar panel area can reduce efficiency by around 40 percent. At that rate, it doesn’t take long in a dusty desert for the problem to become intractable

NVOne-steam2.jpg

Not to mention your ethanol plants waste it at obscene levels

It is well known that Solar requires massive amounts of water while only working in areas with no water, the desert. So how is it possible, you just stated the aquifers are empty but Solar is drawing water from those same aquifers.

Seems like you are the liar, old crock. I even gave you a little picture, old crock.

Is Anything Stopping a Truly Massive Build-Out of Desert Solar Power - Scientific American
Water and dust
On the engineering side, though, Darling says that there are one or two challenges that still could be “deal breakers,” at least for some technologies. The big one is water. Concentrating solar power (CSP) plants, like traditional power plants, need to be cooled to run, and cooling takes water—lots of it. And of course, if water were abundant in the desert, it wouldn’t be the desert. At Ivanpah, on-site wells supply the plant with water, but that solution won’t always be feasible. “I can’t think of any technical way around that unless a dry cooling technology that’s effective and affordable is developed,” Darling says. “No one has really come up with a way to do that.”

For photovoltaics (PV), water is only needed to clean the panels, which brings up the second large problem with desert solar: dust. Solar panels and mirrors need to be cleaned almost daily if efficiencies are to stay where they need to be. Dust is not transparent, so even just one gram of dust per square meter of solar panel area can reduce efficiency by around 40 percent. At that rate, it doesn’t take long in a dusty desert for the problem to become intractable

NVOne-steam2.jpg
God almighty this boondoggle gets worse by the story.

Renewable? Geothermal, now that is a good one. Instead of drilling for Oil you are going to drill for hot water and charge more for it than Oil?

How so are we going to charge more for geothermal than oil? The water is already hot or could be in the form of steam already, thus it can be readily used to drive steam turbines which could generate enough megawatts to power cities. Though it may have some downside because natural landscape around the heat/steam source would be heavily altered in order to make room for all the instruments, equipments, pipings and tubings, etc that would be necessary to constitute a fully working and sustainable geothermal energy power plant.

I don't reckon the water cycle is going to stop anytime soon even if US aquifers are nearly depleted. Besides, the water being used for hydrothermal energy production are not the water underground but the water that keeps flowing from the mountains (which continually get's its source from precipitated water from the atmosphere) down to the rivers, waterfalls and streams.
Another lie, all one has to do is read the Environmental Impact Statement, care for Ivanpah's or California Solar Flats on the Carrizo Plain, you know the land Apple has agreed to destroy for politics.

A coal, nuclear or fossil fuel plant of any kind normally last 25-40 years. They're then replaced with a new generation of plants for another 25-40 years! You think it is free to do this? We can either choose to build a fossil fuel plant or a renewable one(wind farm, solar farm, etc) to do this job.
and replace the wind turbines every five to seven years as they self destruct....The stupid it burns...

Another lie, all one has to do is read the Environmental Impact Statement, care for Ivanpah's or California Solar Flats on the Carrizo Plain, you know the land Apple has agreed to destroy for politics.

Another false claim by you or rather a faulty analysis. Creating huge solar farms requires complex and sophisticated planning of course. If land is just being destroyed to give way to huge areas that would accommodated the hundreds and thousands of square meters of solar panels, then it thus have significant environmental impact. The key there is proper planning and design. There should be ways that could be undertaken that would not destroy natural landscape by creating adaptive placement and positioning of the panels. In the case of desert areas, then I guess that would be much easier. Desert areas can still be improved by the way. There are nations that are mostly desert yet they were able to produce 90-95% of their food needs by using high level of technology in harnessing it.

Despite billions spent in investments over decades, solar energy will only make up 0.6 percent of total electricity generation in the United States, according to a report released by the Taxpayers Protection Alliance (TPA).
Report Solar Energy Subsidies Cost 39 Billion Per Year Washington Free Beacon
Yes but look at the growth rate
Yr Power* Growth
2010 1,212 35%
2011 1,818 50%
2012 3,990 119%
2013 8,514 113%
2014 17,360 103%

* Thousands of Megawatts

At 100% a year growth rate .19% of our power would come from solar in 5 years. Solar is our fastest growing fuel source.

EIA - Electricity Data

Last edited:
IEA calls for 36 trillion in clean energy funds - Jun. 12 2012

IEA calls for $36 trillion more in clean energy investments

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- The International Energy Agency said the world's clean energyinvestments are sorely lacking and this week called for an additional $36 trillion of funding by 2050.

In a sharply-worded introduction to a 700-page report, IEA Executive Director Maria van der Hoeven said governments and private industry need to do far more if the world is to hold global warming to what most scientists say is an acceptable level.

"Our ongoing failure to realize the full potential of clean energy technology is alarming," said van der Hoeven. "Under current policies, both energy demand and emissions are likely to double by 2050."

The IEA consists of mostly industrialized nations and was set up in the early 1970s to counterbalance OPEC. It conducts energy market research and helps coordinate releases from strategic oil stockpiles.

How much do you think we have paid for dirty energy, all told?

Despite billions spent in investments over decades, solar energy will only make up 0.6 percent of total electricity generation in the United States, according to a report released by the Taxpayers Protection Alliance (TPA).
Report Solar Energy Subsidies Cost 39 Billion Per Year Washington Free Beacon
Yes but look at the growth rate
Yr Power* Growth
2010 1,212 35%
2011 1,818 50%
2012 3,990 119%
2013 8,514 113%
2014 17,360 103%

* Thousands of Megawatts

At 100% a year growth rate .19% of our power would come from solar in 5 years. Solar is our fastest growing fuel source.

EIA - Electricity Data

Bogus statistics thrown out by fake phony frauds.............

Solar now.........TOTAL..........makes up 0.2% of US energy production via solar!!!

Solar Provides 0.2 of Electric Supply--Up From 0.02 Before Obama CNS News

How impressive is that?:coffee::funnyface::funnyface::funnyface:

Progressive assholes always like to post up statistics that display growth rates that lack overall comparisons............ these increases of 1000% etc............but when measured against numbers that matter, they end up looking like a joke.

Even Obama's IEA projects ALL renewables accounting for less than 10% of our energy by 2040!!!

Volumes of links/graphs here back this up >>> More Proof the skeptics are WINNING US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Solar power is a joke and will be for decades..........all the info you need in the above link ^^:biggrin::biggrin::up:

[URL=http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/SmileyFace.png.html][/URL]

Hey....by the way......I think all the AGW crowd............in a show of sincerity.........should have to stand naked outside here on Long Island this morning!!! Even for 10 minutes!!!

Fair enough assholes????:boobies::boobies::boobies::coffee:

Forum List

Back