33 MORE Shot, 7 MORE DEAD in Chicago This Weekend... WHEN Will Chicago mayor Lighfoot Be Held Accountable

What has happened to Chicago is one of the saddest chapters in this country's unhappy history.

Even before World War I, people of a certain ethnicity were moving to Chicago from the South for jobs and more social freedom. It truly was the promised land for them.

It is unfair to blame the current mayor. The previous mayor could not do anything about it, either.

And President Trump (for whom I have again just voted) could not do anything about it, either, despite his bragging.

The situation is intractable. It is something that one just has to accept. And. hopefully, to stay miles away from.

What has happened to Chicago is one of the saddest chapters in this country's unhappy history.

Even before World War I, people of a certain ethnicity were moving to Chicago from the South for jobs and more social freedom. It truly was the promised land for them.

It is unfair to blame the current mayor. The previous mayor could not do anything about it, either.

And President Trump (for whom I have again just voted) could not do anything about it, either, despite his bragging.

The situation is intractable. It is something that one just has to accept. And. hopefully, to stay miles away from.

It's not just the current Mayor's or the previous Mayor's fault. It's the Mayor before the previous Mayor, and the one before that, and the one before that....

...and so on. The last Republican Chicago Mayor, who was William Thompson, was as corrupt as they come.

William Hale Thompson - Wikipedia.

33 more people in Chicago shot, a 14yo among 7 more killed....

EVERY weekend there are 30 - 40 more people shot in Chicago.....when the hell is Lori Lightfoot going to be held accountable for her failed policies / leadership?

Silly poster......the democrat party can let a lot more young black men kill each other because they have more than enough to vote in every election.......they only pretend to care about black people a few weeks every two years....just before the election...

A President has limited power. The only way the feds could march in there and do anything about it uninvited is if the President uses the insurrection act, which is by design, only used for extreme circumstances.

You get what you vote for just like in my city. Statistically, Cleveland is more dangerous than Chicago, but we never make the national spotlight like Chicago because we only have a fraction of their population.

The voters in Cleveland keep electing the same failed politicians. They would never think of voting for a Republican because they don't know any better. The only people shadier than the Mayor is his family. His grandson got caught with a gun, dope, and a scale. The judge gave him a slap on the hand. Then he beat his girlfriend with a tow hook. Another judge let him off again. They will keep letting him off until the Mayor is voted out, or he finally kills somebody.

His great grandson too was busted illegally carrying a firearm. He grandson was only 13. The Mayors response to that is in Cleveland, everybody needs to protect themselves. With all this, a dwindling police department, fire stations closed, they reelected him last election.

A President has limited power. The only way the feds could march in there and do anything about it uninvited is if the President uses the insurrection act, which is by design, only used for extreme circumstances.

You get what you vote for just like in my city. Statistically, Cleveland is more dangerous than Chicago, but we never make the national spotlight like Chicago because we only have a fraction of their population.

The voters in Cleveland keep electing the same failed politicians. They would never think of voting for a Republican because they don't know any better. The only people shadier than the Mayor is his family. His grandson got caught with a gun, dope, and a scale. The judge gave him a slap on the hand. Then he beat his girlfriend with a tow hook. Another judge let him off again. They will keep letting him off until the Mayor is voted out, or he finally kills somebody.

His great grandson too was busted illegally carrying a firearm. He grandson was only 13. The Mayors response to that is in Cleveland, everybody needs to protect themselves. With all this, a dwindling police department, fire stations closed, they reelected him last election.

So sorry about what has happened to Cleveland.

Of course, the same has happened to a lot of other cities, but they get all the publicity (such as Baltimore, etc.).

I went to Wikipedia and read about your mayor. Now I understand why he gets away with anything he wants.

And some people actually think that this nation has a bright future.

Amazing!

Actually, what they do? March into the jails and arrest the gang bangers on federal charges.....do that en masse......they get more time, they get shipped across the country to prisons in states away from their families.......

Do that, and you make a bigger dent...

Actually, what they do? March into the jails and arrest the gang bangers on federal charges.....do that en masse......they get more time, they get shipped across the country to prisons in states away from their families.......

Do that, and you make a bigger dent...

In order to be tried or imprisoned in a federal facility is if you commit a federal crime. I have no problem with shipping them across the country for isolation purposes. Our prisons give too many amenities to prisoners as it is. They let people start families in prison, have workout rooms, have libraries and pool rooms. Most have a field outside that's used for football or baseball. Phone calls, visits from family and friends, and they can even make deposits in your account to buy goodies. We have the same thing in the outside world, but we call them get away weekends and we have to pay for it.

There is simply not strong enough deterrents to crime. Make prisons like in the movie Cool Hand Luke, and you'll see less people not caring if they go to prison or not.

Back when I used to listen to Howard Stern on the radio, he often had Chuck Zito on his show. Zito was an actor and head of the Hell's Angels in New York, and had plenty of run ins with the law and has spent time in prison. He was the baddest person in NYC.

Zito was talking about when he went to jail in Japan. He said it's nothing like US prisons which he's seen plenty of. They put him in solitary confinement. He said he was about to lose his mind. At one point he started crying from going stir crazy. The only entertainment they gave him were books, not cable television like our prisons. When Stern asked if he's ever going back to Japan, Zito responded never in his life.

Why is it only Republicans I talk about this why are Democrats so quiet about all these black lives getting slaughtered

When he was running his mouth about stopping the violence, he didn't anything about if the mayor asked for help. All hot air.

Donald Trump is not a lawyer, never a legislature. He was a businessman. That being said, he did talk a lot of stuff like that, however at the time, he didn't understand his limited power as President. More than likely he assumed he had that ability.

Why is it only Republicans I talk about this why are Democrats so quiet about all these black lives getting slaughtered

Because they don't care. If they are not serving the parties interests, they could care less how many additional blacks get killed. Democrats have been using blacks as pawns for generations.

So sorry about what has happened to Cleveland.

Of course, the same has happened to a lot of other cities, but they get all the publicity (such as Baltimore, etc.).

I went to Wikipedia and read about your mayor. Now I understand why he gets away with anything he wants.

And some people actually think that this nation has a bright future.

Amazing!

I don't actually live in Cleveland. We are on the southern border in a suburb. I say Cleveland because we are what they consider the general Cleveland area.

The people here don't care. I'm sure race has a lot to do with it. However one of the Councilmen ran against him last election who was black. This guy was busted for DUI three times. That was Mayor Jackson's competition.

It doesn't matter what he does. The people will keep reelecting him until he decides to retire. Here is a little more of what he's been up to while serving:

33 more people in Chicago shot, a 14yo among 7 more killed....

EVERY weekend there are 30 - 40 more people shot in Chicago.....when the hell is Lori Lightfoot going to be held accountable for her failed policies / leadership?

If they just took all the guns they could kill each other with knifes, bats, hammers, clubs, chain saws, and bare hands making murder more up close and personal. Right?

Forum List

Back