32 hour work week a massive blow to the dollar

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
It would take some time to do the math but using the income formula for calculating GDP.... forcing more dollars out in return for fewer hours.... is an inevitable financial stab at the value of the unit.

The imagined gain in personal wages could soon be swept away by loss of dollar purchasing power.

Last edited:
All in the name of leveling the playing field. Bring the standard of living down in the US to that of a third world country in order to fool the people into thinking that they are actually getting paid more. This is evidence that the democrats think that their constituency does not understand that the value of the dollar on the world market actually buys less after policies like this.

It would take some time to do the math but using the income formula for calculating GDP.... forcing more dollars out in return for fewer hours.... is an inevitable financial stab at the value of the unit.

The imagined gain in personal wages could soon be swept away by loss of dollar purchasing power.
I'm pretty sure Bernie Sanders and his Marxist clown show does not want you to work at all.

They will mail you an allowance to live on, which will get less and less and less until your dead.

The thing to note about this is that it is proposed mainly by a Senator who has never actually had a job. In his environment (government), shifting from 40 hour weeks to 32 hour weeks would not be a problem because the employee are only about half utilized right now.

In the private sector, people work forty hours because there is 40 hours of work that needs doing. If the incumbent only works 32 hours, somebody else will have to work the other 8 hours, and presumably that human would have to be compensated for it.

The dollar goes anyhow as BRICS takes over .

But whom do you think wants a 32 hour week ?
And what convinces you that there is real financial extra reward if the Sheeple gained that objective ?

The dollar goes anyhow as BRICS takes over .

But whom do you think wants a 32 hour week ?
And what convinces you that there is real financial extra reward if the Sheeple gained that objective ?
That's just it there isn't any financial reward Not a real one.

It's fool's gold sold to the dumb.

So basically people would have to work up to 64 hours a week with no OT at 2 jobs just to pay their bills.

Unless of course people were just as productive during those 32 hours as they were working 40.

Pft. 12 to 16, sometimes even 18 hours a day on the clock was routine for me for years. Even on weekends.

The fact you are not only good with that but proud of it is at the root of the problems in America.

We should work to live, not live to work

So basically people would have to work up to 64 hours a week with no OT at 2 jobs just to pay their bills.

A great many jobs should be based on the job that needs to be done and not the hours on the clock.

Tell someone "these are you task for the day, when they are done you are done" they will get them done quickly. Tell them "these are you task and you have to work 8 hours no matter what", they will take all 8 hours to do them, or they will do them in 4 and waste the other 4 hours.

The fact you are not only good with that but proud of it is at the root of the problems in America.

We should work to live, not live to work

Well. Mine was a lifestyle more so than a job. So that's all I'll say about that.

But I'm on here at 2 in the afternoon, popping my pie hole off on a Tuesday at 53 years old. And everything I have was paid for long, long ago. So there's that. :dunno:

Though I do still work whenever a project comes along. Just not directly in the field/on site any more.

Well. Mine was a lifestyle more so than a job. So that's all I'll say about that.

But I'm on here at 2 in the afternoon, popping my pie hole off on a Tuesday at 53 years old. And everything I have was paid for long, long ago. So there's that. :dunno:

I am on here at 2 in the afternoon, still working and refuse to make my job my life.

Did you have a family while you were putting in all those hours?

Last edited:

Though I do still work whenever a project comes along. Just not directly in the field/on site any more.
I tried being home more than at work I found that I could not do it. For large part of my life I work 80 hours a week because we had seven kids and two refrigerators. When I finally settled down 40 hours a week I spent my newly freed up time renovating the family farm... when I was done with that I found that I had too much time on my hands....soooooo😎.

Forum List

Back