31 year old woman who raped a 13 year old boy gets no prison time.

No need to imagine. It's called being a responsible father. As a father, landowner, and a person who has been blessed with a modicum of wealth, and success; I am the custodian of assets that will be my childrens inheritance. As such, that precludes me risking, or diminishing my children's inheritance by doing something as irresponsible as getting married under Western laws.

So you get to dictate what makes your adult children happy.

You're bitter about it, so they must be to--to the point that when they have a significant other, they must be dragged to the divorce lawyer's to hear all about the terrible things that happen.

FWIW, I think this is really terrible. Again. If your son's gf was a good woman and this little stunt cost him her love, man....this was a bad move.

No need to imagine. It's called being a responsible father. As a father, landowner, and a person who has been blessed with a modicum of wealth, and success; I am the custodian of assets that will be my childrens inheritance. As such, that precludes me risking, or diminishing my children's inheritance by doing something as irresponsible as getting married under Western laws.

Hey if my daughter gets married, maybe before she gets pregnant I'll drag her to the OB so she can hear tales of nightmare labor and deliveries and stillbirths and moms who died in labor and hemorrhaging and C sections gone wrong and post-birth infections.

Then, I'm sure she'll make her own decision.

As her mom, I'm duty bound to do this, right?

DUDE

You're bitter about it, so they must be to--to the point that when they have a significant other, they must be dragged to the divorce lawyer's to hear all about the terrible things that happen.

FWIW, I think this is really terrible. Again. If your son's gf was a good woman and this little stunt cost him her love, man....this was a bad move.
I don't dictate. I educate, and leave it to them to make sound decisions.
aka....no woman with a brain will come within 100 yards of you.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

It is a shame to see miserable, bitter people screw over their own kids to perpetuate their bitterness

I don't dictate. I educate, and leave it to them to make sound decisions.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Well sure, just like I'm going to "educate" my daughter on the "realities" of childbirth before she gets pg. I mean, same same right?

WOW

Except you made a claim and didn't support it. So you're a hypocrite

Not at all, I was not asked to support it. I had been asked and then refused like you do every time, then I would have been a hypocrite

Hey if my daughter gets married, maybe before she gets pregnant I'll drag her to the OB so she can hear tales of nightmare labor and deliveries and stillbirths and moms who died in labor and hemorrhaging and C sections gone wrong and post-birth infections.

Then, I'm sure she'll make her own decision.

As her mom, I'm duty bound to do this, right?

DUDE
If more than 50% of them are indeed nightmarish then yes. You certainly should educate her on that...

Well sure, just like I'm going to "educate" my daughter on the "realities" of childbirth before she gets pg. I mean, same same right?

WOW
Are you saying you won't educate her on the realities of pregnancy? Yikes! Mom of the year stuff right there...

If more than 50% of them are indeed nightmarish then yes. You certainly should educate her on that...

You really, really need to educate yourself. You are using date from the 1970s.

1. Divorce rates hit 50-year record low

In 2019, divorce rates reached the lowest rates we’ve seen in 50 years.

For every 1,000 marriages in 2019, only 7.6 resulted in divorce, according to the American Community Survey data from the Census Bureau.

2. Younger generations are behind the lower divorce rate

According to the Pew Research Center, among adults ages 25 to 39, the divorce rate dropped from 30 per 1,000 married individuals in 1990 to 24 in 2015.

This decline is credited at least in part to younger generations being more selective and waiting longer to get married.

You really, really need to educate yourself. You are using date from the 1970s.

1. Divorce rates hit 50-year record low

In 2019, divorce rates reached the lowest rates we’ve seen in 50 years.

For every 1,000 marriages in 2019, only 7.6 resulted in divorce, according to the American Community Survey data from the Census Bureau.

2. Younger generations are behind the lower divorce rate

According to the Pew Research Center, among adults ages 25 to 39, the divorce rate dropped from 30 per 1,000 married individuals in 1990 to 24 in 2015.

This decline is credited at least in part to younger generations being more selective and waiting longer to get married.
Context is paramount here. Divorce rates are down because marriage rates are down. And they are down because men are becoming increasingly hip to the game.

Forum List

Back