31 M1 Abrams tanks arrive in Germany, training begins in a few weeks.

Looks like your beef is with the guy you voted for, not me.

“The idea that we’re going to send tanks to Ukraine, that’s called World War III.” -Joe Biden, March 2022
I'm not the one that believes it. Was there ever a president, where you believed or agreed with every word out of their mouth. Not me.

maybe the army can use this as an aiming tool
TANKME4.jpg

Your problem if you cannot handle simple facts.
The Abrahams have significant weaknesses and the number being sent represents a couple of days kills for Russia.
All hard info . Stop being a baby .
That’s interesting because as far as I know, no Abrams have been lost in combat to enemy action. Three have been damaged, of the three two continued in combat with minor repairs.

Time to get these bad boys on the battlefield. Slava Ukraine!

RAMSTEIN AIR BASE, Germany — Ukrainian troops will begin training on American M1 Abrams tanks in Germany in the next few weeks, U.S. defense officials say, in what would be a major step in arming Kyiv.

Defense Secretary Lloyd J. Austin III made the announcement on Friday morning during a meeting with allies at Ramstein Air Base. U.S. defense officials said that about 31 tanks were expected to arrive in Germany to kick off a training program for Ukrainian troops that is expected to take 10 weeks. The tanks could reach the battlefields in Ukraine by the fall, said the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss security matters.

“I am confident that this equipment, and the training that accompanies it, will put Ukraine’s forces in position to succeed on the battlefield,” Mr. Austin told a news conference after the meeting, standing alongside Gen. Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

General Milley said the M1 tanks coming are “training tanks,” so they are not combat ready. But, he added, “I do think the M1 tank when its delivered, will make a difference.”

That is a vastly accelerated timetable from what the Pentagon had initially projected, and officials said it means that Abrams tanks could get to Ukraine in time to play a part in the counteroffensive that Ukraine is expected to launch soon. The counteroffensive is expected to begin in weeks, and the Abrams tanks could arrive in time to help Ukrainian troops hold onto recaptured territory, one of the officials said.

Defense officials had initially said that the M1 Abrams tanks would not arrive in Ukraine until next year. But since January, when the Biden administration announced that it would send the tanks, senior defense officials have said that they wanted to speed up the timeline.

Mr. Austin, during remarks on Friday at U.S.-led talks with top defense officials from more than 40 nations, a collective known as the Ukraine Contact Group, said that the continued deliveries of weapons systems and ammunition and tanks to Kyiv “underscore just how badly the Kremlin miscalculated.”

Mr. Austin’s trip to Europe — he arrived in Germany on Thursday after meetings with top officials in Sweden — has been overshadowed by the investigation of the leak of hundreds of top-secret national security documents, said to have been carried out by a 21-year old National Guard airman in Massachusetts. Many of the documents relate to the war in Ukraine.

“I know many of you have been following the reports of unauthorized disclosure of sensitive and classified U.S. material,” Mr. Austin said. “I take this issue very seriously.”

He praised the Ukraine Contact Group for its “commitment to reject efforts to divide us.”

Many of the countries in the group are NATO members. The group has met regularly at the base for the past year to discuss and coordinate military and humanitarian aid for Ukraine.

The Ukrainian troops training on the Abrams tanks will have to go through qualification testing, maintenance training and drills on how to operate the advanced American battle tank. They also will have to learn how to coordinate tank maneuvers with other military units, in what the American military calls “combined arms” maneuvers.

This post did not age well

Looks like Time has vindicated my information which old timers here hated as it further undermined the "America is Mighty " , Fake News .
Those Abrams are near useless and possibly somebody smart delayed their appearance to minimse further humiliation .
In fact , the whole concept of using tanks has changed radically -- they no longer are much good .

Looks like Time has vindicated my information which old timers here hated as it further undermined the "America is Mighty " , Fake News .
Those Abrams are near useless and possibly somebody smart delayed their appearance to minimse further humiliation .
In fact , the whole concept of using tanks has changed radically -- they no longer are much good .
Yes with the addition of new and extremely powerful smart antitank munitions that are one hit one kill and fairly inexpensive to manufacture I think you
are correct. Even helicopters are looking at obsolescence here until they can develop an effective defense similar to the CID systems on warships...but those would
add a lot of weight to the machine.

Russians must be rubbing their hands gleefully as these easy to detect Abraham's appear -- clear heat signal emitters .

BUT IN LAST 4 DAYS RUSSIA HAS TAKEN OUT 74 TANKS .

ROFL

prove it

Daytons posts #30~~~
“BUT IN LAST 4 DAYS RUSSIA HAS TAKEN OUT 74 TANKS .”

The USA needs to get directly involved
in this war kicking putins ass; ending this needless killing and destruction once and for all !!!!!!!!!!!!

:)-

Hopefully they can be skillfully deployed so that they lure in Russian jets, that can then be blasted out of the sky.

To be fair, if you want to shoot down Russian jets, hire the Israelis. They are experts.

Of course, right about now, they may be otherwise occupied.

To be fair, if you want to shoot down Russian jets, hire the Israelis.
It has been proven the IDF are masterful killers. But the jets they are using came from the USA. The USA leased the planes, not sell them.

It is time for Biden to lift the leases.
:)-

Well, I notice you didn't give us and link supporting 74 Ukrainian tanks shot it 4 days. Sounds like Bullsh#t to me, comrad.
You can find almost daily reports at TASS news. Although from what I've seen they rarely mention just tanks, usually it's any armored vehicle. Those numbers are not unreasonable.

You can find almost daily reports at TASS news. Although from what I've seen they rarely mention just tanks, usually it's any armored vehicle. Those numbers are not unreasonable.
TASS is owned and operated by the Russian Government. Do not expect anything but Russian propaganda from them and you will not be disappointed.

Did you see the video on YouTube of the Russian T90 tank, taken out by Ukraine Bradly Bushmaster chaingun fire? Pretty cool to watch 50 to 100 meter combat of the main battle tank against a smaller Bradley, the Russian missing at close range, the Bradley too close in to use TOW because of arming distance. The slower turret rotation speed and maneuverability of the Tank, vs the much faster fully stabilized 25 mm chaingun firing on the move with pinpoint accuracy, eating its ass alive, going for the tank's optics to blind it, and then getting enough chaingun fire getting to the vulnerable turret ring of the tank, to causing a malfunction of the Turret electrical, making the turret continuously rotate, driver's periscope also damaged, blinding the driver, the tank getting stuck in trees, no way to defend, and the Russian tank crew force to un-ass the tank, knowing to stay would have been a death trap. That was just a Bradley. You should check it out.

TASS is owned and operated by the Russian Government. Do not expect anything but Russian propaganda from them and you will not be disappointed.

Did you see the video on YouTube of the Russian T90 tank, taken out by Ukraine Bradly Bushmaster chaingun fire? Pretty cool to watch 50 to 100 meter combat of the main battle tank against a smaller Bradley, the Russian missing at close range, the Bradley too close in to use TOW because of arming distance. The slower turret rotation speed and maneuverability of the Tank, vs the much faster fully stabilized 25 mm chaingun firing on the move with pinpoint accuracy, eating its ass alive, going for the tank's optics to blind it, and then getting enough chaingun fire getting to the vulnerable turret ring of the tank, to causing a malfunction of the Turret electrical, making the turret continuously rotate, driver's periscope also damaged, blinding the driver, the tank getting stuck in trees, no way to defend, and the Russian tank crew force to un-ass the tank, knowing to stay would have been a death trap. That was just a Bradley. You should check it out.
No doubt the Russians pad their numbers, but there is a clearer picture if you look at both sides. Or do honestly believe what Ukraine says is accurate?

No doubt the Russians pad their numbers, but there is a clearer picture if you look at both sides. Or do honestly believe what Ukraine says is accurate?
No. but semi trust what American Generals Active and retired say. I know how those numbers come about, as I was with V corps G3 as a shift supervisor and having to coordinate with G2 to make my portion of the morning Ops brief of 4 way split screen NATO,SINC,Joint Cheifs or whoever, at the Pentagon, probably some schlep at my level but usually higher ranked. V Corp is back over there now.

Both sides are shoveling enough manure to fertilize The Sinai.

I am reminded what Kissinger said about the '80s Iran-Iraq War, "It's a real pity there can only be one loser".

Forum List

Back