31 M1 Abrams tanks arrive in Germany, training begins in a few weeks.

Both sides are shoveling enough manure to fertilize The Sinai.

I am reminded what Kissinger said about the '80s Iran-Iraq War, "It's a real pity there can only be one loser".
Smart man. That is how I thought of the 2016 election.

Smart man. That is how I thought of the 2016 election.

That's how I've felt about EVERY election.

The last truly professional President we had was Eisenhower.

still-like-ike.jpg

That's how I've felt about EVERY election.

The last truly professional President we had was Eisenhower.

View attachment 907552
You got me by a year or two. I was only 6 when Kennedy was elected and have no memory of Eisenhower presidency. Before school, my house and back yard was the country and the world, and my parents pretty much ran it.

You got me by a year or two. I was only 6 when Kennedy was elected and have no memory of Eisenhower presidency. Before school, my house and back yard was the country and the world, and my parents pretty much ran it.

Eisenhower, at the time, was considered a "do-nothing" President. But, when his papers were released shortly after his admin they showed he had quite a few behind-the-scenes accomplishments for which he neither sought, nor received recognition.

Eisenhower took the same approach to his presidency as he did towards D-Day. He had a tremendous job to do, He put in the long days, had a eye for detail, and sought little publicity.

A consummate professional who, to date, has never been replicated.

Both sides are shoveling enough manure to fertilize The Sinai.

I am reminded what Kissinger said about the '80s Iran-Iraq War, "It's a real pity there can only be one loser".
I think Kissinger was using a quote someone in WW2 used about the conflict between Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union.

Forum List

Back