300% gain for mcDonalds stock in the past 10 years!

I just can't believe people still eat that shit
I have been watching TLC channel and 600 Lb people who have been eating that shit, because their "loved" ones just get tired of cooking for such obese people. Usually it is cheaper to feed them 20 dollars of fast food instead of 100s of dollars for healthy meals.

I have been watching TLC channel and 600 Lb people who have been eating that shit, because their "loved" ones just get tired of cooking for such obese people. Usually it is cheaper to feed them 20 dollars of fast food instead of 100s of dollars for healthy meals.

That's a myth.

It is always cheaper to cook for yourself.

And a whole food plant based diet is one of the most affordable of all

Yeah a whole food plant based diet and you become a worthless pajama soy boy.
Tell that to this guy
7-Vegan-bodybuilders-proving-plant-based-muscle-power-is-%E2%80%98not-only-possible-it%E2%80%99s-optimal%E2%80%992_TotallyVeganBuzz-510x512.png

I bet this woman will kick your fat ass

7-Vegan-bodybuilders-proving-plant-based-muscle-power-is-%E2%80%98not-only-possible-it%E2%80%99s-optimal%E2%80%991_TotallyVeganBuzz-515x512-1.jpg

McDonald's will relatively soon be almost completely automated, as there is nothing that humans do that cannot be done by a machine. They already have kiosks for ordering, and there are robots that can make burgers of a higher quality and more consistently than humans can, so as soon as the cost of buying, installing and maintaining them drops below the cost of hiring a MW worker, in they go. Since a lot of them are already drive-through only, there's little need to maintain a dining room, so the future McDonalds could be human free except for a security guard to stop vandals. Think about it, what job at the average McDonald's restaurant could NOT be done by a robot?

McDonald's will relatively soon be almost completely automated, as there is nothing that humans do that cannot be done by a machine. They already have kiosks for ordering, and there are robots that can make burgers of a higher quality and more consistently than humans can, so as soon as the cost of buying, installing and maintaining them drops below the cost of hiring a MW worker, in they go. Since a lot of them are already drive-through only, there's little need to maintain a dining room, so the future McDonalds could be human free except for a security guard to stop vandals. Think about it, what job at the average McDonald's restaurant could NOT be done by a robot?
There are lots of things humans do that can't be done my a machine. And you do know that the people who work at a McDonalds do not hand form all the burgers. The pattie are made in a factory and shipped frozen.

That's a myth.

It is always cheaper to cook for yourself.

And a whole food plant based diet is one of the most affordable of all
It's not cheaper everywhere. Try finding quality vegetables in many urban neighborhoods. I know, the problem is self-inflicted, but it's not accurate to say it's always cheaper to cook for yourself. Any time you want higher quality than crap, you pay.

It's not cheaper everywhere. Try finding quality vegetables in many urban neighborhoods. I know, the problem is self-inflicted, but it's not accurate to say it's always cheaper to cook for yourself. Any time you want higher quality than crap, you pay.
Frozen vegetable are just as good and sometimes even better than fresh.

Staple foods like oatmeal dried beans brown rice etc are some of the least expensive foods per serving you can buy.

There are lots of things humans do that can't be done my a machine. And you do know that the people who work at a McDonalds do not hand form all the burgers. The pattie are made in a factory and shipped frozen.
Name the things done in a McDonald's that can't be done by a machine. Please. And I know the patties are already formed and pressed. A machine could grind meat in a pre-determined blend, form the patties on-site and cook them perfectly every single time. They could operate around the clock with no need for breaks, shift changes, sick days, or interruptions, thus making a higher quality burger at lower cost.

Name the things done in a McDonald's that can't be done by a machine. Please. And I know the patties are already formed and pressed. A machine could grind meat in a pre-determined blend, form the patties on-site and cook them perfectly every single time. They could operate around the clock with no need for breaks, shift changes, sick days, or interruptions, thus making a higher quality burger at lower cost.
You didn't specify only at McD's you said

there is nothing that humans do that cannot be done by a machine

Frozen vegetable are just as good and sometimes even better than fresh.

Staple foods like oatmeal dried beans brown rice etc are some of the least expensive foods per serving you can buy.
Having come from a rural background where most of our vegetables came from our garden, I disagree. Unless the vegetables are blanched before freezing (my kids always asked my Mom for her lima beans long before they asked for desserts), they're just not as good as fresh. And yes, starchy foods ARE the cheapest, which is one of the reasons we're seeing some of the health issues we're seeing in America today. Truly healthy eating costs more if you are relying on the industrial food production process in this country. Quality costs more.

You didn't specify only at McD's you said
If you want to be petty and split hairs, sure. It was clear from the context, however, that I was referring to jobs done at McDonalds. In fact, I concluded with, "Think about it, what job at the average McDonald's restaurant could NOT be done by a robot?".

And I still maintain that it won't be too long before restaurants that offer the lowest cost options will be almost totally human-free. Machines are and will just be cheaper.

Having come from a rural background where most of our vegetables came from our garden, I disagree. Unless the vegetables are blanched before freezing (my kids always asked my Mom for her lima beans long before they asked for desserts), they're just not as good as fresh. And yes, starchy foods ARE the cheapest, which is one of the reasons we're seeing some of the health issues we're seeing in America today. Truly healthy eating costs more if you are relying on the industrial food production process in this country. Quality costs more.
You're incorrect.

Anyway all commercially frozen vegetable are blanched before they are frozen and packaged,

There is absolutely no nutritional and very little flavor difference between fresh and frozen broccoli, peas, corn, etc .

Besides that vegetable that sit out at room temperature all day for a week lose nutrients.

And I have been eating whole food plant based for almost 4 years and my grocery bills are at least 25% lower than they used to be when I ate meat and dairy products.

Your welcome for my business. I am fit and eat mcds breakfeast regularly. Usually a 300-ish calorie breakfast with 299 of them from fat. LOL.

You're incorrect.

Anyway all commercially frozen vegetable are blanched before they are frozen and packaged,

There is absolutely no nutritional and very little flavor difference between fresh and frozen broccoli, peas, corn, etc .

Besides that vegetable that sit out at room temperature all day for a week lose nutrients.

And I have been eating whole food plant based for almost 4 years and my grocery bills are at least 25% lower than they used to be when I ate meat and dairy products.
Key word, "commercial". Commercially produced foods are generally loaded with salt and chemicals to maintain the illusion of fresh flavor, but in my experience the absolute best flavor comes from food fresh picked and immediately prepared and served. Close behind that comes fresh picked, blanched and quickly frozen with no additives. Of course, most people don't have access to that and must rely on what is produced by the industrial system. Now, as for your grocery bill, anecdotally that sounds great, but you do not account for the reality many people in this country face, where they don't have ready access to quality produce and don't know the first thing about how to use it if they do. Again, the problem is self-inflicted, but be careful when stating that cooking for yourself is always cheaper and a plant based diet is always cheaper. Quality is always more expensive.

Key word, "commercial". Commercially produced foods are generally loaded with salt and chemicals to maintain the illusion of fresh flavor, but in my experience the absolute best flavor comes from food fresh picked and immediately prepared and served. Close behind that comes fresh picked, blanched and quickly frozen with no additives. Of course, most people don't have access to that and must rely on what is produced by the industrial system. Now, as for your grocery bill, anecdotally that sounds great, but you do not account for the reality many people in this country face, where they don't have ready access to quality produce and don't know the first thing about how to use it if they do. Again, the problem is self-inflicted, but be careful when stating that cooking for yourself is always cheaper and a plant based diet is always cheaper. Quality is always more expensive.
Wrong again

None of the frozen veg I buy have added salt.

Forum List

Back