3 teens steal 50 guns from gun store, at least one used in murder....democrat party judge lets them off.

83% of gun homicides are people the victim knows,

Yes....you are dishonest...we know this, as this quote from your post shows....

You know that "people the victim knows," means the drug dealer knows the guy who shoots him to steal his money and his drugs....the gang member killed in the drive by shooting knew the other gang members who shot him.....

That you use this to imply normal gun owners are shooting each other over burned dinners shows that you are a vile, disgusting scumbag..

Gang violence is less than 2000 homicides a year, or about 15% of all homicides... Most homicides are domestic violence of some sort.

You only kill the ones you love, the ones you shouldn't kill at all.... to paraphrase the old song.

The mass shooter or the gang drive-buy gets the headline, but most homicides are family disputes or people getting into arguments with their friends and neighbors. This is why gun proliferation is a bad thing. It takes that argument that would have ended with something throwing a fist and spending a night in jail into someone shooting a gun spending years in jail while their friend/family member ends up in the ground.

Normal gun owners have their guns stolen.....so?

When you catch the people stealing the guns, lock them up for 30 years.

That is the solution.

We lock up 2 million people. We arm our cops like soldiers. We aren't any safer for it.

Never said we should lock up the gun makers..

Just that the people who get injured by a Joker Holmes should be able to get compensation from the gun industry that thought this was a guy who should get a gun.

Here's the thing. Guns are designed to kill people. They really have no other purpose.

Drunk Driving causes 10,000 deaths a year. That's bad. And we spend a lot of money policing that.

Gun violence causes 39,000 deaths a year. That's a lot worse.

Drugs are illegal, and frankly, the way that cigarettes are regulated is specifically meant to discourage people from picking up the habit. The thing is, that works just fine. We've gone from 45% of the population that smokes to 20%... and dropping. Largely because we DID sue the Tobacco industry into behaving itself better.

View attachment 540665

And you lie...again and again....I know you are trolling us.....but you also give us a chance to expose your lies...

Gun violence causes 39,000 deaths a year.

Wrong....

Gun murder 2019....

Gun suicide 2019....

Car accidents 2019....

Cars are deadlier than guns.....suicide by gun does not count.....Japan, and many countries in Europe have higher suicide rates than the U.S. with their gun control laws....

Americans use their legal guns, on average, 1.2 million times a year to save lives. They are used to stop rapes, robberies, beatings, stabbings, and murder. That number comes from the Centers for Disease Control.

You lying piece of crap.

Gang violence is less than 2000 homicides a year, or about 15% of all homicides... Most homicides are domestic violence of some sort.

You only kill the ones you love, the ones you shouldn't kill at all.... to paraphrase the old song.

The mass shooter or the gang drive-buy gets the headline, but most homicides are family disputes or people getting into arguments with their friends and neighbors. This is why gun proliferation is a bad thing. It takes that argument that would have ended with something throwing a fist and spending a night in jail into someone shooting a gun spending years in jail while their friend/family member ends up in the ground.

We lock up 2 million people. We arm our cops like soldiers. We aren't any safer for it.

Again, you are lying...criminals murdering each other know each other, you lying piece of crap....gangs commit almost all of our gun violence in our cities, that the police can't define the murder cause they can't solve them allows idiots like you to make stupid claims......

And you lie...again and again....I know you are trolling us.....but you also give us a chance to expose your lies...

Gun violence causes 39,000 deaths a year.

You got your figures, I have mine...

Gun Homicides, 2019 - 14,389
Gun Suicides - 2019 - 23,941
Unintentional deaths - 486
Undeterminate causes - 346
TOTAL GUN DEATHS - 39,162

So fuck off, you tiny dicked twit.... the rest of us are sick of the carnage related to your fetish.

Again, you are lying...criminals murdering each other know each other, you lying piece of crap....gangs commit almost all of our gun violence in our cities, that the police can't define the murder cause they can't solve them allows idiots like you to make stupid claims......

Actually, it's kind of the opposite.. The police classify people as 'gang members" who really aren't. From our own beloved Home Town.

Chicago Police Department officials continue to use “deeply flawed” records that list approximately 135,000 Chicagoans as members of gangs more than two years after the city’s watchdog found the databases were riddled with errors, ripe for abuse and disproportionately targeted Black and Latino Chicagoans, according to a follow-up audit released Wednesday by Inspector General Joseph Ferguson.

Approximately 95% of the at least 134,242 Chicagoans listed as gang members by the CPD are Black or Latino, Ferguson’s April 2019 audit found. Individuals were entered into at least one of 18 databases when they admitted to gang affiliation, wore or used gang emblems, tattoos, hand signals or other symbols, or were identified by an officer “with special intelligence” on gangs.

The original audit determined the city’s gang databases were a “deeply flawed collection of gang data, with poor quality controls and inadequate protections for procedural rights,” according to the inspector general.

In addition, Superintendent David Brown was relying on information from the databases when he said publicly there were 117,000 gang members in Chicago who belong to 55 different gangs. The actual number of gang members in Chicago is likely between 54,000 and 55,000, police officials told the inspector general’s office.

Cars are deadlier than guns.....suicide by gun does not count.....Japan, and many countries in Europe have higher suicide rates than the U.S. with their gun control laws....

Actually, Japan doesn't have a higher suicide rate than the US. Ours is 16/100K, theirs is 15.3

They have a culture where suicide is considered honorable... it's better to kill yourself than disgrace your family.

We have a culture where suicide is a mortal sin... and we still kill ourselves at a greater rate than the Japanese.

Now, I don't want to waste too much time on your NRA talking points, but let's look at this next bit of crazy.

Car accidents 2019....

Cars are deadlier than guns.....

Um, no. 91% of American households have at least one car. only 32% of American households have a gun in the house.

Then you get into the issue of usage. Most people don't take their gun out and use it every day. I mean, I'm pretty sure you do, you probably take your guns out every day and whisper softly to them.... but most gun owners (who would probably be just fine with common sense gun laws) don't.

Cars, on the other hand, you are using them every day with thousands of other people on the road also using their cars.

Look, man, I get it. You have a serious gun fetish, and frankly, I don't want you to be denied your fetish, but frankly, the cost of your fetish is too high for the rest of us.

It's not just the deaths and injuries, it's how we have to arrange our whole society around you.

Again, we don't have the room in prison to lock up the murderers and rapists, much less someone who commits petty property crimes.

But if you want to charge these guys for selling a gun that was used in a murder. I'm all fine with that. Then we can charge all the gun stores and manufacturers for the guns they sell that are used in murders.

Works for me.
Yeah because selling an item legally is exactly the same as stealing it and selling it.
:rolleyes:

That's the problem. They legally sell to guys like Nicholas Cruz, Adam Lanza's Mom, Joker Holmes, etc, etc. etc.
And they also sell 99,999 out of 100,000 to law abiding citizens.
Stolen guns are virtually ALWAYS going to be used in a crime.
And hear you are excusing and defending an action that let the very people who partake in that - off the hook... because, well. a Democrat might be to blame.

Pathetic.

And they also sell 99,999 out of 100,000 to law abiding citizens.
Stolen guns are virtually ALWAYS going to be used in a crime.
And hear you are excusing and defending an action that let the very people who partake in that - off the hook... because, well. a Democrat might be to blame.

Pathetic.

Virtually always? The number of guns stolen every year is between 200,000 and 500,000. Like a lot of gun statistics, we don't really have good numbers.

Gun owners were three times more likely to have a gun stolen if they carried a gun in the last month compared to gun owners who did not carry.3

Research suggests that nearly one-quarter of stolen guns are taken from cars and other vehicles.4 5

In addition to theft from private owners, approximately 18,700 firearms are reported lost or stolen from licensed gun dealers each year, according to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF)

Gee, isn't that interesting... how "licensed" gun dealers seem to lose guns so easily.

I was an Armorer/Supply Sergeant for 11 years in the Army, I never lost a gun once. Which is pretty good, given that we handed them out on a regular basis and then had to get them back at the end of the excercise, but man, 18,700 get lost or stolen by licensed gun dealers.

That's not even counting all the idiots who go into lax gun law states to buy guns to transport them to states with stricter gun laws.

Again- simple enough solution. Allow victims of gun violence to sue the gun makers.

If total strangers in Texas can sue abortion providers or even the Uber Driver who takes a lady to a clinic, then man, I think gun violence victims should be able to sue the gun sellers and manufacturers for their lax practices.

Seems fair to me.

Never said we should lock up the gun makers..

Just that the people who get injured by a Joker Holmes should be able to get compensation from the gun industry that thought this was a guy who should get a gun.

Here's the thing. Guns are designed to kill people. They really have no other purpose.

Drunk Driving causes 10,000 deaths a year. That's bad. And we spend a lot of money policing that.

Gun violence causes 39,000 deaths a year. That's a lot worse.

Drugs are illegal, and frankly, the way that cigarettes are regulated is specifically meant to discourage people from picking up the habit. The thing is, that works just fine. We've gone from 45% of the population that smokes to 20%... and dropping. Largely because we DID sue the Tobacco industry into behaving itself better.

View attachment 540665
Wrong, according to the CDC, 95,000 deaths a year.

I said, alcohol related deaths. Drunk driving, is just one way that deaths are related to alcohol. Think of all the lives we could save by outlawing alcohol... Oh wait, we tried that.

Guns are designed to kill bad people. Unfortunately, there are those who, for some odd reason, choose to do otherwise. Claiming the manufacturer is at fault is illogical on so many grounds.

Actually, Japan doesn't have a higher suicide rate than the US. Ours is 16/100K, theirs is 15.3

They have a culture where suicide is considered honorable... it's better to kill yourself than disgrace your family.

We have a culture where suicide is a mortal sin... and we still kill ourselves at a greater rate than the Japanese.

Now, I don't want to waste too much time on your NRA talking points, but let's look at this next bit of crazy.

Um, no. 91% of American households have at least one car. only 32% of American households have a gun in the house.

Then you get into the issue of usage. Most people don't take their gun out and use it every day. I mean, I'm pretty sure you do, you probably take your guns out every day and whisper softly to them.... but most gun owners (who would probably be just fine with common sense gun laws) don't.

Cars, on the other hand, you are using them every day with thousands of other people on the road also using their cars.

Look, man, I get it. You have a serious gun fetish, and frankly, I don't want you to be denied your fetish, but frankly, the cost of your fetish is too high for the rest of us.

It's not just the deaths and injuries, it's how we have to arrange our whole society around you.

Wrong.....you tried that before...on year they had that rate...2019, all the other years they are way higher......nice lie.....

It doesn't matter what they think of suicide...that isn't your argument...your argument is that guns cause more suicides, and Japan, as well as many European countries show that that isn't even remotely true..

And yet Scotland has a higher suicide rate than the U.S......Japan, where only criminals and cops have guns, has a higher suicide rate than the U.S....Sweden has a higher suicide rate than the U.S....Denmark has a higher suicide rate than the u.S.....

France

Germany,

Hungary

Iceland

New Zealand

Poland

Norway

Japan

South Korea

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/world/suiciderate.html

Scotland..

15.7 suicides per 100,000

In 2019?

16.7 suicides per 100,000.

And in the U.S.?

13.93 per 100,000

Suicide facts and figures

Moron...it doesn't matter.....cars kill more people than the 600 million guns do.....

600 million guns in the country, 284 million cars...you say more guns more death.....we have fewer cars but they kill more people....

According to you, not only should we ban cars, but car makers need to be sued simply for selling cars to people. You are an idiot.

And, of course, you don't even talk about the 1.2 million times a year Americans use guns to save lives each and every year.....according to the Centers for Disease Control....the Department of Justice puts the number at 1.5 million......and that number is at a time when 2 million people carried guns for self defense, we now have over 19.4 million people who can legally carry guns for self defense..

What happened to gun crime and gun murder over the 27 years that more and more Americans were buying and carrying guns?

Gun murder went down 49%....

Gun crime went down 75%...

So nothing you post is even remotely true, or accurate.....you simply lie because facts, truth and reality do not support anything you believe.

Virtually always? The number of guns stolen every year is between 200,000 and 500,000. Like a lot of gun statistics, we don't really have good numbers.

Gun owners were three times more likely to have a gun stolen if they carried a gun in the last month compared to gun owners who did not carry.3

Research suggests that nearly one-quarter of stolen guns are taken from cars and other vehicles.4 5

In addition to theft from private owners, approximately 18,700 firearms are reported lost or stolen from licensed gun dealers each year, according to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF)

Gee, isn't that interesting... how "licensed" gun dealers seem to lose guns so easily.

I was an Armorer/Supply Sergeant for 11 years in the Army, I never lost a gun once. Which is pretty good, given that we handed them out on a regular basis and then had to get them back at the end of the excercise, but man, 18,700 get lost or stolen by licensed gun dealers.

That's not even counting all the idiots who go into lax gun law states to buy guns to transport them to states with stricter gun laws.

Again- simple enough solution. Allow victims of gun violence to sue the gun makers.

If total strangers in Texas can sue abortion providers or even the Uber Driver who takes a lady to a clinic, then man, I think gun violence victims should be able to sue the gun sellers and manufacturers for their lax practices.

Seems fair to me.

Lost or stolen...yes....criminals steal guns. And then, when caught, you and the democrat party, the party created by the actual slave rapists you claim to hate......let them out of jail and prison....and you then go on to want to arrest and lock up the victims of the theft...

You are insane.

That's the problem. They legally sell to guys like Nicholas Cruz, Adam Lanza's Mom, Joker Holmes, etc, etc. etc.

Adam Lanza's mother wasn't a criminal...and she was murdered to get her guns, you dumb ass....

You got your figures, I have mine...

Gun Homicides, 2019 - 14,389
Gun Suicides - 2019 - 23,941
Unintentional deaths - 486
Undeterminate causes - 346
TOTAL GUN DEATHS - 39,162

So fuck off, you tiny dicked twit.... the rest of us are sick of the carnage related to your fetish.

Actually, it's kind of the opposite.. The police classify people as 'gang members" who really aren't. From our own beloved Home Town.

Chicago Police Department officials continue to use “deeply flawed” records that list approximately 135,000 Chicagoans as members of gangs more than two years after the city’s watchdog found the databases were riddled with errors, ripe for abuse and disproportionately targeted Black and Latino Chicagoans, according to a follow-up audit released Wednesday by Inspector General Joseph Ferguson.

Approximately 95% of the at least 134,242 Chicagoans listed as gang members by the CPD are Black or Latino, Ferguson’s April 2019 audit found. Individuals were entered into at least one of 18 databases when they admitted to gang affiliation, wore or used gang emblems, tattoos, hand signals or other symbols, or were identified by an officer “with special intelligence” on gangs.

The original audit determined the city’s gang databases were a “deeply flawed collection of gang data, with poor quality controls and inadequate protections for procedural rights,” according to the inspector general.

In addition, Superintendent David Brown was relying on information from the databases when he said publicly there were 117,000 gang members in Chicago who belong to 55 different gangs. The actual number of gang members in Chicago is likely between 54,000 and 55,000, police officials told the inspector general’s office.

The FBI puts gun murder at 10,258 for 2019, you dumb ass...

The CDC puts gun suicide at

And the 10,258? 70-80% of the victims are criminals murdered by other criminals during crime......

The majority of the rest are friends, associates and family of the criminals caught in the crossfire...

Meanwhile....1.2 million Americans a year use their legal guns to stop rapes, robberies, stabbings, beatings, and murders...lives saved....

Case Closed: Kleck Is Still Correct

that makes for at least 176,000 lives saved—

Money saved from people not being beaten, raped, murdered, robbed?.......

So figuring that the average DGU saves one half of a person’s life—as “gun violence” predominantly affects younger demographics—that gives us $3.465 million per half life.

Putting this all together, we find that the monetary benefit of guns (by way of DGUs) is roughly $1.02 trillion per year. That’s trillion. With a ‘T’.

I was going to go on and calculate the costs of incarceration ($50K/year) saved by people killing 1527 criminals annually, and then look at the lifetime cost to society of an average criminal (something in excess of $1 million). But all of that would be a drop in the bucket compared to the $1,000,000,000,000 ($1T) annual benefit of gun ownership.

When compared to the (inflation adjusted from 2002) $127.5 billion ‘cost’ of gun violence calculated by by our Ludwig-Cook buddies, guns save a little more than eight times what they “cost.”

Which, I might add, is completely irrelevant since “the freedom to own and carry the weapon of your choice is a natural, fundamental, and inalienable human, individual, civil, and Constitutional right — subject neither to the democratic process nor to arguments grounded in social utility.”

So even taking Motherboard’s own total and multiplying it by 100, the benefits to society of civilian gun ownership dwarf the associated costs.

Annual Defensive Gun Use Savings Dwarf Study's "Gun Violence" Costs - The Truth About Guns

It doesn't matter what they think of suicide...that isn't your argument...your argument is that guns cause more suicides, and Japan, as well as many European countries show that that isn't even remotely true..

And yet Scotland has a higher suicide rate than the U.S......Japan, where only criminals and cops have guns, has a higher suicide rate than the U.S....Sweden has a higher suicide rate than the U.S....Denmark has a higher suicide rate than the u.S.....

Again, Japan has a suicide as part of their culture, we don't, and we still manage to kill ourselves at a higher rate because we have easy access to guns.

Oh, Sweden and Denmark have lower rates, too...

The FBI puts gun murder at 10,258 for 2019, you dumb ass...

I'll take the CDC number over the FBI number, thanks.

Of course, both numbers are kind of horrific, compared to other countries.

And the 10,258? 70-80% of the victims are criminals murdered by other criminals during crime......

The majority of the rest are friends, associates and family of the criminals caught in the crossfire...

NO, they aren't. Most people are killed by their family, friends and neighbors.
1631988412533.png

Only 16 are killed by strangers, and that could just as likely be a gun fetishists losing his shit during a traffic accident as a "criminal".

Meanwhile....1.2 million Americans a year use their legal guns to stop rapes, robberies, stabbings, beatings, and murders...lives saved....

That number is still Bullshit.

The FBI puts DGU's at 45,000. and justified homicides by civilians at 201.

Attachments

• 1631988472382.png
    1631988472382.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 23
Again, Japan has a suicide as part of their culture, we don't, and we still manage to kill ourselves at a higher rate because we have easy access to guns.

Oh, Sweden and Denmark have lower rates, too...

I'll take the CDC number over the FBI number, thanks.

Of course, both numbers are kind of horrific, compared to other countries.

NO, they aren't. Most people are killed by their family, friends and neighbors.
View attachment 540982
Only 16 are killed by strangers, and that could just as likely be a gun fetishists losing his shit during a traffic accident as a "criminal".

That number is still Bullshit.

The FBI puts DGU's at 45,000. and justified homicides by civilians at 201.

Dipshit...it doesn't matter why they commit suicide...you say guns cause suicide......they don't, as I showed you with my list of countries with strict gun control and higher suicide rates....you idiot.

Moron...you keep putting out that lie.......when one criminal knows another criminal and kills them, they are "known," to each other, you dumb ass.........you keep trying to push that lie, implying that dad killed mom cause she burnt dinner, when it is actual, one gang member shooting a known opposite gang member, a known drug dealer killed by another drug dealer or user...you dumb ass.....or one gang member shooting another gang member over a girlfriend, or dice game.....

The Centers for Disease Control put the number at 1.2 million....the Department of Justice 1.5 million, and they are just two out of 17 actual studies on the topic...

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

The name of the group doing the study, the year of the study, the number of defensive gun uses and if police and military defensive gun uses are included.....notice the bill clinton and obama defensive gun use research is highlighted.....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, no military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, no military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, no military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, no military)

CDC...1996-1998... 1.1 million averaged over those years.( no cops, no military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, no military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, no military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops,no military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, no military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, no military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

Dipshit...it doesn't matter why they commit suicide...you say guns cause suicide......they don't, as I showed you with my list of countries with strict gun control and higher suicide rates....you idiot.
Except all those countries have lower rates, according to the map I posted

And yes, it makes a difference why in countries that get kind of close.

Moron...you keep putting out that lie.......when one criminal knows another criminal and kills them, they are "known," to each other, you dumb ass.........you keep trying to push that lie, implying that dad killed mom cause she burnt dinner, when it is actual, one gang member shooting a known opposite gang member, a known drug dealer killed by another drug dealer or user...you dumb ass.....or one gang member shooting another gang member over a girlfriend, or dice game.....

Again, we've already demonstrated that the whole "Gang Member" claim is bullshit when the CPD have three times as many people listed as "Gang members" as there actually are.

I don't know anyone killed by a gang. I do know of one person who was killed by her husband over a petty domestic issue.

The Centers for Disease Control put the number at 1.2 million....the Department of Justice 1.5 million, and they are just two out of 17 actual studies on the topic...

Whatever...

here's why I find ALL DGU estimates to be bullshit.

Because only 200 people ayear are shot in "justifiable homicides".

Now, you gun nuts masturbate all day about the happy day you can shoot you a "Criminal", and yet we are to believe that 99.999% of the time, when you get that opportunity, you don't take it. It just doesn't pass a laugh test.

Suicide...

South Korea 24.7

Hungary 21

Japan 19.4

Belgium 18.4

Finland 16.5

France 14.6

Austria 13.8

Poland 13.8

Czec Republic 12.7

New Zealand 11.9

Denmark 11.3