3 Months In: Glenn Youngkin VETOES Medical Debt Relief Bill - Passed Senate UNANOMOUSLY

PinktheFloyd88

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2021
Dallas

This bill would have given relief to seniors who are bottled with medical bills and debt. It passed the Virginia Senate without 1 no vote. GOPer Youngkin vetoed it. Sorry Virginia seniors. Thoughts?!

This bill would have given relief to seniors who are bottled with medical bills and debt. It passed the Virginia Senate without 1 no vote. GOPer Youngkin vetoed it. Sorry Virginia seniors. Thoughts?!

How many pages is the bill?
How much pork is in the bill?
How many details in the bill concerning paying medical bills?

He thinks the bill is too vague and will capture other forms of debt under the SoL
He makes a good point. And this was amended.
In actions on a contract between a natural person and a licensed health care provider for services by such provider, 30 days after the later of (i) issuance of the initial invoice or the due date stated in such invoice to the patient or person legally responsible for payment or (ii) if the patient voluntarily enters into a payment plan with the provider, 30 days after the default date contained in such payment plan, provided that any lien perfected in writing pursuant to § 8.01-66.5 shall not toll such statute of limitations during the pendency of any action for any injuries relating to such services.

And BTW, this bill would not affect anyone yet. It wont cover contracts until ones dated in july of this year.
Past medical debt will still be under old SoL

Silly me, here I thought that seniors have Medicare. No?

Specifically, what does this bill address? You have no clue, do you?

always-S.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back