3 men charged with federal hate crimes in killing of Ahmaud Arbery in Georgia

I sincerely hope that they are able to get a conviction and that people's eyes are finally open to what's been happening all around them, even if they were unable of it.​
April 28, 2021, 2:32 PM PDT / Updated April 28, 2021, 4:08 PM PDT​
By Tim Fitzsimons​
Three Georgia men previously charged in the killing of Ahmaud Arbery were indicted Wednesday by a federal grand jury and charged with hate crimes and attempted kidnapping.​
Ahmaud Arbery.
Ahmaud Arbery. Courtesy of Family
Arbery was jogging in Brunswick, Georgia, when Travis McMichael, 35, and his father, Gregory McMichael, 65, pursued him in their truck and shot him dead on Feb. 23, 2020.​
William "Roddie" Bryan, 51, who was driving behind them in a separate truck, filmed the shooting.​
Later, Gregory McMichael, a retired police officer, leaked the video because he wanted "the public to know the truth," his attorney said in 2020.
The Department of Justice alleged on Wednesday that the men confronted Arbery "because of his race."​
The incident sparked outrage and spurred an international movement to draw attention to racism against Black runners, NBC News reported.
Travis and Gregory were also each charged with "carrying, and brandishing—and in Travis’s case, discharging—a firearm during and in relation to a crime of violence," the DOJ said in a press release.​
Gregory and Travis, father and son, were previously each charged with murder in May 2020 for the death of Arbery.​
So now it’s a “hate crime” to confront thieves in your neighborhood. It’s a “hate crime” to defend yourself when they attack you and try to take your gun away.

If these men were police, they would had been 100% justified in shooting him. And there is no reason a citizen can’t make a citizens arrest when catching a criminal in the act.

We’ve seen the video evidence, we know he was guilty.

Oh good. We are starting this again. Ok. What crime was Arbury committing at the time the McMichaels chased him, confronted him, and killed him?
They saw him trespassing on that property. They also recognized him from before, he had been in the neighborhood and stole shit out of cars before.

He attacked the man with the shotgun, tried to take it from him, got blasted.

Nobody ever saw him stealing anything. There is no video of him stealing from the construction site. I repeat. What crime did he commit on the day?
Why don’t YOU tell us what he was doing in this neighborhood that was nowhere near where he lived?

Just jogging? LOL.

Whatever he was doing. It wasn’t illegal. He committed no crime under Georgia law. That means the pursuit of and murder of him was all a crime.

There is no logical explanation for what he was doing in a place he had no reason to be other than he was casing the place looking for something to steal. Do not forget he was a convicted thief....thieves constantly go about looking for something to steal.

What does that have to do with the day he was murdered?

demonstrates the aggressiveness and beligerance which led him to assault Travis McMichaels.

Chasing someone down the street with guns, that isn't aggression. Smfh.

They were dealing with a convicted criminal.......only prudent to be armed...just a couple of days ago...a policeman was beaten to death by a unarmed black man.

I sincerely hope that they are able to get a conviction and that people's eyes are finally open to what's been happening all around them, even if they were unable of it.​
By Tim Fitzsimons​
Three Georgia men previously charged in the killing of Ahmaud Arbery were indicted Wednesday by a federal grand jury and charged with hate crimes and attempted kidnapping.​
Ahmaud Arbery.
Arbery was jogging in Brunswick, Georgia, when Travis McMichael, 35, and his father, Gregory McMichael, 65, pursued him in their truck and shot him dead on Feb. 23, 2020.​
William "Roddie" Bryan, 51, who was driving behind them in a separate truck, filmed the shooting.​
Later, Gregory McMichael, a retired police officer, leaked the video because he wanted "the public to know the truth," his attorney said in 2020.
The Department of Justice alleged on Wednesday that the men confronted Arbery "because of his race."​
The incident sparked outrage and spurred an international movement to draw attention to racism against Black runners, NBC News reported.
Travis and Gregory were also each charged with "carrying, and brandishing—and in Travis’s case, discharging—a firearm during and in relation to a crime of violence," the DOJ said in a press release.​
Gregory and Travis, father and son, were previously each charged with murder in May 2020 for the death of Arbery.​
So now it’s a “hate crime” to confront thieves in your neighborhood. It’s a “hate crime” to defend yourself when they attack you and try to take your gun away.

If these men were police, they would had been 100% justified in shooting him. And there is no reason a citizen can’t make a citizens arrest when catching a criminal in the act.

Oh good. We are starting this again. Ok. What crime was Arbury committing at the time the McMichaels chased him, confronted him, and killed him?
They saw him trespassing on that property. They also recognized him from before, he had been in the neighborhood and stole shit out of cars before.

Nobody ever saw him stealing anything. There is no video of him stealing from the construction site. I repeat. What crime did he commit on the day?

Assault which is the essential element of this case.

Actually no. You might wish it was. But the reason for the pursuit is the root of the case. The McMichaels maintain they were trying to effect a citizens arrest. Since no crime took place that means the pursuit and effort to detain Arbury was criminal.

In Georgia when criminals pursue you we have stand your ground. It means Arbury’s actions under law were defensive. It also means the McMichaels committed murder.

No.....the Senior McMicharls had been designated as the go to guy for the problems with burglaries and trespassing in that neighborhood as he was a former policeman and investigator.

Chasing someone is not a crime......trying to talk to someone is not a crime....telling someone to stop is not an arrest....you remain coinfused.

I am actually thrilled that you are not their lawyer. Because if you were the appeal about your incompetence during the trial would guarantee them another one. This way they have a competent defense. One with a low probability of success. But a chance.

McMichaels claimed it on the day during interviews with police. His lawyer asked Dial the GBI investigator about it on the hearing I posted in this thread.

But you being right is not about truth or facts. It is about your short attention span and ignorance. You won’t read the links. You won’t watch the videos. I could post more but you have not read one yet.

The McMichaels are almost certainly going to be convicted. If convicted they will get 20 to life in prison. For Daddy that is life. Roddy might get out as an old man. Travis will never leave Prison alive.

Honestly the one with the best chance to avoid prison is Roddy. And his chances are not good. Say ten percent. The Jury might buy his argument that he was trying to help neighbors who he thought were in the right. Maybe. As I said. One chance in ten.

You of course being ignorant of the law, the facts, or anything will blame it on Liberals and all that.

What crime did he commit on the day?
Trespassing.

Ok. You understand that under Georgia Law he wasn’t actually trespassing. The police could not have arrested him for that. For that the owner or a designated representative would have to have told him to leave.

Further. The McMichaels had no authority to enforce that. So now according to you the attempt to arrest Arbury was criminal and they are murderers.

There was no attempt to arrest Ahmaud....you are a liar and you keep repeating the lie.

The McMichaels say they were. Are they lying too? Their lawyers say that the citizens arrest law is the centerpiece of their defense. Are the defense attorneys lying too?

I posted that before. Shame you didn’t read it.

The McMichaels said that when they headed out..they intended to make a citizens arrest....but no attempt to arrest was made.

The new law is not applicable to the McMicharls as it was enacted after the incident and their arrest....it is just another example of how this nation is being torn apart by wokeness.

I have no idea what the defense team is doing.

By Tim Fitzsimons​
Ahmaud Arbery.

Actually no. You might wish it was. But the reason for the pursuit is the root of the case. The McMichaels maintain they were trying to effect a citizens arrest. Since no crime took place that means the pursuit and effort to detain Arbury was criminal.

In Georgia when criminals pursue you we have stand your ground. It means Arbury’s actions under law were defensive. It also means the McMichaels committed murder.

No.....the Senior McMicharls had been designated as the go to guy for the problems with burglaries and trespassing in that neighborhood as he was a former policeman and investigator.

Chasing someone is not a crime......trying to talk to someone is not a crime....telling someone to stop is not an arrest....you remain coinfused.

I am actually thrilled that you are not their lawyer. Because if you were the appeal about your incompetence during the trial would guarantee them another one. This way they have a competent defense. One with a low probability of success. But a chance.

McMichaels claimed it on the day during interviews with police. His lawyer asked Dial the GBI investigator about it on the hearing I posted in this thread.

But you being right is not about truth or facts. It is about your short attention span and ignorance. You won’t read the links. You won’t watch the videos. I could post more but you have not read one yet.

The McMichaels are almost certainly going to be convicted. If convicted they will get 20 to life in prison. For Daddy that is life. Roddy might get out as an old man. Travis will never leave Prison alive.

Honestly the one with the best chance to avoid prison is Roddy. And his chances are not good. Say ten percent. The Jury might buy his argument that he was trying to help neighbors who he thought were in the right. Maybe. As I said. One chance in ten.

You of course being ignorant of the law, the facts, or anything will blame it on Liberals and all that.

You let your bias delude you.....your understanding of law is thus compromised.

Last edited:
By Tim Fitzsimons​
Ahmaud Arbery.

Well a Defense attorney says so.

Another attorney. He says no too.

Odd isn’t it. All the actual legal people seem to be who I am quoting and you are quoting. Yourself and other right wing radicals. Not actual lawyers. You know. Who know the law. And make their living with the law. Ah. What do they know.

I repeat. I am happy the McMichaels are not represented by you. Your understanding of the law would get them the death penalty.

By Tim Fitzsimons​
Ahmaud Arbery.

Well a Defense attorney says so.

Another attorney. He says no too.

Odd isn’t it. All the actual legal people seem to be who I am quoting and you are quoting. Yourself and other right wing radicals. Not actual lawyers. You know. Who know the law. And make their living with the law. Ah. What do they know.

I repeat. I am happy the McMichaels are not represented by you. Your understanding of the law would get them the death penalty.

That lawyer and the news lady in the video are obviously biased.....irregardless it does bring out the fact that it was thr D.A. who was using the citizens arrest law to defend his handling of the case.

Again watch the video(I post this for the viewers who still have not seen it) which shows what actually happened whrn Ahmaud met his demise.

Ahmaud is first seen running down the road then the McMichaels and their truck comes into view.......Ahmaud continues to run towards them....if he was in fear of his life....why does he continue to run towards them .....not away from them?

Then as Amaud gets close to them he runs around to the right side of the truck and immediately veers sharply left and runs across the front of the truck to attack Travis McMichals.

This was a surprise attack strategy and may well have suceeded had not Travis been a very strong guy and thus able to maintain control of his weapon though Amaud was doing his best to steal the weapon slugging Travis and so forth.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrDQ2oC0YxgITAAZsuXnIlQ;_ylu=c2VjA2NkLWF0dHIEc2xrA3NvdXJjZQR2dGlkAwRydXJsA2h0dHBzOi8vd3d3LmFsamF6ZWVyYS5jb20vcHJvZ3JhbS9uZXdzZmVlZC8yMDIwLzUvMTAvdmlkZW8tc2hvd3Mta2lsbGluZy1vZi1haG1hdWQtYXJiZXJ5/RV=2/RE=1619870082/RO=10/RU=https://www.aljazeera.com/program/newsfeed/2020/5/10/video-shows-killing-of-ahmaud-arbery/RK=2/RS=EEotp6Yw_A1iW20E0CgggNVEBE0-

Last edited:
I think the main thing we can learn from this is that, if you have a construction site near a certain demographic makeup, you need to either hire security or have a secure fence around it. Otherwise, "joggers" may decide to borrow a few things.

I think the main thing we can learn from this is that, if you have a construction site near a certain demographic makeup, you need to either hire security or have a secure fence around it. Otherwise, "joggers" may decide to borrow a few things.

I think too much attention is being given to the trespassing aspect of this case....though it is what got the McMicharls involved as in Gregory McMichals a former policeman and investigator had been deputized to handle such problems in the neighborhood since he lived there and stuff had been stolen from his son's truck.

The critical part of this case to me and though I have never practiced law(I did go to Law School in Atlanta) is the way Ahmaud Arbary brazenly attacked Travis McMichael even though he was holding a shotgun.

Some ask would anyone sane do such a thing?

Well we could all conjecture about that...but it is on record that Ahmaud had mental problems and a persecution complex which can be seen in the various videos of his previous encounters with the police.....the enhanced glorious photo of ahmaud circulated by the media does not show the real Amaud....a convicted thief.

Triggered much? You fucking liberals are just alike. You sanctimonious asshole, YOU are the one who replied to me first. You are the one who started with the smart ass insults and belligerence. Typical asshole who thinks his opinions are the only ones that matter. I bet at night when you go to bed, you feel like the king of the message boards don't ya? Loser.

View attachment 485636

If you have some evidence that Arbery was doing something other than running and minding his own business - actual EVIDENCE, not this "We both know, because I've decided it's fact" left-thinking bullshit - then bring it out. I've asked you to do so many times, and all you ever come back with is "You have manure for brains because you disagree with me, you KNOW I'm right".

You realize that you are doing exactly what you are accusing me of right? I asked if there was any evidence that Arbery was jogging and YOU felt comfortable enough to declare that my question didnt matter and then you proceeded to spout off your opinion of everything that you "decided it's fact".

I don't owe you any fucking research on the matter, I dont owe you any evidence on the subject. I posed the question wondering how the media's portrayal of Arbery and his actions that day have affected public sentiment and I don't owe you a fucking thing. My opinion won't be changed by some pansy ass king of the message board. Diamond Member - Wizard Level - I don't give a shit. Take your little triggered ass somewhere else and try to tuck in all that ego and sanctimony. It's ugly.

Triggered much? I can almost see the spittle frothing from your lips.

Your surrender has already been noted. Don't embarrass yourself further by trying to pretend otherwise. One might start to suspect that the real reason you're clinging to your "Arbery HAS to have been at fault, no matter what I have to invent!" narrative is because he's black.
That's it? Lose an argument and the best you got is to call me a racist? Not a surprise at all. Like I said earlier. You commented on my post and immediately started insulting and being a smart ass. That should have clued me in on what I needed to know. What I should have done is not feed you. It's futile anyway for people like you. Your opinion is your reality and politics wont allow you to see a different reality.... or even imagine one.

I think too much attention is being given to the trespassing aspect of this case....though it is what got the McMicharls involved as in Gregory McMichals a former policeman and investigator had been deputized to handle such problems in the neighborhood since he lived there and stuff had been stolen from his son's truck.

The critical part of this case to me and though I have never practiced law(I did go to Law School in Atlanta) is the way Ahmaud Arbary brazenly attacked Travis McMichael even though he was holding a shotgun.

Well we could all conjecture about that...but it is on record that Ahmaud had mental problems and a persecution complex which can be seen in the various videos of his previous encounters with the police.....the enhanced glorious photo of ahmaud circulated by the media does not show the real Amaud....a convicted thief.
This much is certain -- if Ahmaud was white, we'd never have heard of him, and no one would care that he got shot.

The story just has the right racial optics to manipulate the masses.

This much is certain -- if Ahmaud was white, we'd never have heard of him, and no one would care that he got shot.
So true. A bunch of trained rats. And they are so ignorant they cant understand that they are still in the maze.

Exactly.......this nation is being ripped apart by a lying propagandistic media and the biden regime constantly playing the race card.

Trespassing.
This type of trespassing is a misdemeanor, not the required felony that would allow a private citizen to attempt a citizen's arrest IF said felony was committed in their presence, which it was not, if it occurred at all.

Try and keep up .....there was no attempt to make a citizens arrest.

Thus I will not waste board space by arguing the legality of it.

Gregory McMicharls was a former policeman and investigator.....his son was a former member of the coast guard whos MOS aka military occupational specialty was as as one who interdicts other boats most often drug runners....and they were both armed ........rest assured if thry had wanted to arrest this addled petty crime offender they would have and quite easily.

That was the intention of Gregory McMichaels as they headed our upon sighting Ahmaud but for whatever reason he decided to let the police handle it...thus he called 911 to inform them of the situation.....the police were on the way and the McMichales tactic was then to keep the suspect in sight until the police arrived...the neighbor who got involved decided on his own to try and help by impeding the suspect to not allow him to quickly run away by slowing down his attempt to escape by maneuvering his truck into the path of the suspect.

What none of them expected was the Assault by ahmaud on Travis......thus it became a tragedy for all involved and the nation as well because it gave the media another opportrunity to further divide with their lies and propaganda.

Last edited:
By Tim Fitzsimons​
Ahmaud Arbery.

Fine upstanding citizens aren't they Chickenhawk, reminds you of the Good Ole Days.

Definitely good citizens ....former policeman and his son a veteran of the Coast Guard with no criminal history vs. Ahmaud Arbary a convicted thief with mental problems.
The elder McMichael, the former police officer, lost his police powers and powers to arrest because he was not maintaining his required firearms certification. He admits to suffering from depression, perhaps he shouldn't have been armed/working as a police officer after all:
https://abcnews.go.com/US/gregory-mcmichael-police-officer-charged-killing-ahmaud-arbery/story?id=70690972
Gregory McMichael, ex-police officer charged with killing Ahmaud Arbery, had service weapon suspended in 2019
Gregory McMichael repeatedly failed to complete officer training.​
May 14, 2020, 3:46 PM​
Documents show that Gregory McMichael's law enforcement certification was suspended and his firearm was taken away in February 2019 due to repeatedly failing to take mandatory training, one year before the fatal shooting of Ahmaud Arbery.​
He retired a few months later in June 2019.​
McMichael, and his adult son, Travis, were arrested on May 7 and charged with murder and aggravated assault for the Feb. 23 shooting death of Arbery, who was jogging in his Satilla Shores, Georgia, neighborhood when confronted by the two men. The arrest came soon after a video showing the fatal confrontation went viral.​
This suspension is outlined in Gregory McMichael's personnel records, obtained by ABC News, from his time working in Glynn County, Georgia, as a police officer and investigator in the district attorney's office.​
In February 2019, the Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council (POST) issued McMichael a suspension order for "failure to maintain training for the year 2018." At that point McMichael lost his powers of arrest.​
In a "Memorandum of Understanding" signed by McMichael, his boss at the time, District Attorney Jackie Johnson, wrote that McMichael "will not engage in any activity that would be construed as being law enforcement in nature," and, "To that end, Mr. McMichael will not carry a firearm or badge, nor will he operate any vehicle in the motor pool outfitted with lights, siren or police radio equipment."​
McMichael previously received a warning in 2014 after failing to finish mandatory firearms and use-of-force courses, and the documents show McMichael repeatedly failed to complete training over the course of several years.
PHOTO: Gregory McMichael in a photo released on May 7, 2020, after his arrest in Georgia. McMichael and his son, Travis McMichael, have been charged with murder in the shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery.

"This situation has been a great embarrassment to me and to Investigator McMichael," Johnson wrote in a 2014 letter to the Georgia POST director. "It has negatively impacted my office, and I have taken measures to ensure that it doesn't happen again."​
The personnel records were first obtained by Jacksonville, Florida, TV station WJXT.​
McMichael was also suspended in 2006 for an undisclosed infraction. He was hired in July 1982 and worked on the force for 37 years.​
He explained his deficient hours in an application where he asked for a training waiver. McMichael explained that he suffered a heart attack in 2006, and dealt with clinical depression for which he needed medical treatment.

Last edited:
Trespassing.
This type of trespassing is a misdemeanor, not the required felony that would allow a private citizen to attempt a citizen's arrest IF said felony was committed in their presence, which it was not, if it occurred at all.
The man defended himself when assaulted by the black thief.
The black guy could had run away between the houses if he wanted. Instead he ran around their vehicle where they couldn’t see him, he ambushed them, tried to take the man’s shotgun away.

Another thug criminal dead.

Forum List

Back