3.5 trillion spending package pass ? (yes or no)

qmuddy2

Aug 4, 2015
do you think the 3.5 trillion spending package will pass ? (please vote yes or no); as a senior on a fixed income i'm worried about inflation; thanks

No.

They won't even be able to get enough Democrats to vote for it.

If they were smart, they'd take the 1 trillion dollar bill that Mitch gave them and run with it.

Approaching $30 trillion in national debt yet the American people don’t have HC, student debt relief, $15MW, shoring up SS or Medicare…oh well, no doubt the ultra rich, the war profiteers, and big corporations will make our handsomely once again.

do you think the 3.5 trillion spending package will pass ? (please vote yes or no); as a senior on a fixed income i'm worried about inflation; thanks
$3.5T? No. Somewhere between $1.5 and $2.5T is what's likely to happen.

Here's the thing, folks forget President Joe has been doing this for a while. He's smart enough to ask for more than he wants, knowing that gives him room to negotiate.

No, I think that's dead.

I'd guess it might end up closer to $1.5T to $2.0T, and who knows how serious Manchin is about moving this all back to next year.

:popcorn:
I don't think manchin is really serious at all. I still believe this is manufactured drama.

No not as long as Joe Manchin is around. Now he wan't to postpone it until 2022. Time for Dems to work with Joe on a smaller figure that he'll support. My hunch is that that'll be in the 1.7 to 2m area.

No
I do believe Manchin is serious, that's why he's out in front of the media stating his thoughts.
He was against the Infrastructure Bill and was mostly silent and Biden reamed him, Manchin caved.
Getting out ahead of it this time where Biden will be more hesitant. IMO

Not without a little negotiating will will probably reduce the amount requested.

No not as long as Joe Manchin is around. Now he wan't to postpone it until 2022. Time for Dems to work with Joe on a smaller figure that he'll support. My hunch is that that'll be in the 1.7 to 2m area.
Surely he can be conveniently sick and absent the day of voting to approve happens in the senate.

Not unless Manchin is 'mugged' one night...without his watch, wallet, etc.... being taken

It's not the amount that concerns me, it's the pork and special provisions lurking in the bill.

Bridges all over the country have stress fractures and roads need replaced or repaired. This is a must for the
USA as it will put tax dollars where they need to be .....

Of course repubs will say no because it is not their creation ..........they would rather pass out more tax dollar loopholes than do anything productive for the nation.

It's not the amount that concerns me, it's the pork and special provisions lurking in the bill.
It's BOTH.

We are over $28 TRILLION dollars in debt...in the hole....what we would have to pay off just to be 'Broke'
- We can't even afford never-before-seen effective, efficient, fiscally responsible spending bill that contain NO pork

The last report I saw from the CBO stated the Democrats' 'Infrastructure' bill only had 10% (of 3.5 Trillion) of REAL 'infrastructure' spending in it.

And I am convinced Americans have the memories / attention spans of gold fish. They have already forgotten how Barak Obama sold many Americans on an 'infrastructure' bill consisting of 'Shovel-ready' projects....only to have to admit later to Americans that there is no such thing as a 'shovel-ready' project.

And, if you are paying attention, these Democrats have passed several Trillion dollar 'COVID-19' bills, & they haven't even spent all of the 1st one, as reported several weeks ago....and they aren't using it all on COVID-19 Relief. They have basically created their own pot of money to use as they please. If money is passed / allocated for something, if it is not used for that 'something' it should be returned, not spent.

The fact that we are $28+ Trillion dollars in debt is a testament to the fact that LAWYERS create our budgets and oversee our spending, that not 1 single accountant is used / required in either process.

Bridges all over the country have stress fractures and roads need replaced or repaired. This is a must for the
USA as it will put tax dollars where they need to be .....
And Democrats do not have a prioritized list of which roads, bridges, etc... need to be taken care of 1st... Democrats do not have a physical / fiscal plan to fix those bridges / roads, do not have a spreadsheet spelling how much the material, the manpower, etc.., do not have a list of environmental impact studies, and other add-on costs each project will entail.

All of these calculations and planning require research, fact-finding, and work. Politicians don't go into House with any of these calculations.....but they DO go into spending bill negotiations with specific spending issues such as Pelosi getting $200 million for a park in her district (after which she is scheduled to get a $20 million kickback for her re-election campaign).

Obama declared there were 'shovel-ready' projects that needed to be funded and ended up proving he didn't know what the hell he was talking about, as demonstrated by his admission tha there is no such thing as a 'shovel-ready' project.

And Democrats do not have a prioritized list of which roads, bridges, etc... need to be taken care of 1st... Democrats do not have a physical / fiscal plan to fix those bridges / roads, do not have a spreadsheet spelling how much the material, the manpower, etc.., do not have a list of environmental impact studies, and other add-on costs each project will entail.

All of these calculations and planning require research, fact-finding, and work. Politicians don't go into House with any of these calculations.....but they DO go into spending bill negotiations with specific spending issues such as Pelosi getting $200 million for a park in her district (after which she is scheduled to get a $20 million kickback for her re-election campaign).

Obama declared there were 'shovel-ready' projects that needed to be funded and ended up proving he didn't know what the hell he was talking about, as demonstrated by his admission tha there is no such thing as a 'shovel-ready' project.

And you know this: HOW?
"And Democrats do not have a prioritized list of which roads, bridges, etc... need to be taken care of 1st... Democrats do not have a physical / fiscal plan to fix those bridges / roads, do not have a spreadsheet spelling how much the material, the manpower, etc.., do not have a list of environmental impact studies, and other add-on costs each project will entail.

All of these calculations and planning require research, fact-finding, and work. Politicians don't go into House with any of these calculations.....but they DO go into spending bill negotiations with specific spending issues such as Pelosi getting $200 million for a park in her district (after which she is scheduled to get a $20 million kickback for her re-election campaign)."

Forum List

Back