2nd Shoe to Drop; Insurance Co. Drops Thousands of Doctors from Insurance Plans

I have been anti-ACA before it ever became law but I also am very suspicious of the private healthcare insurance sector of doing all they can to sabotage any form of healthcare reform. I think their massive cancellations were motivated as a tool to make their point. I also believe that they really are on the offense and will do things that hurt the public to make their point.
There are no good guys in this game between Obama and the healthcare industry.

Obama just put a glitch in his plan with the insurance companies though. They are no longer beholden to him. Obama had better watch his back.

I have been anti-ACA before it ever became law but I also am very suspicious of the private healthcare insurance sector of doing all they can to sabotage any form of healthcare reform. I think their massive cancellations were motivated as a tool to make their point. I also believe that they really are on the offense and will do things that hurt the public to make their point.

The massive cancellations were necessary because the policies did not provide mandated coverage. Once an individual is allowed to decide for themselves what kind of insurance coverage to get, they may decide they don't want maternity coverage, lactaction training, substance abuse or mental health coverage. The government has decided that people who don't want or need this kind of coverage still have to pay for it, to cover those who need it.

Of course they are. ACA is making them spend 80% of premiums collected to pay claims. FOR SHAME!

The bad guys are the ones that deregulated the industry which caused us to be No.1 in cost and No. 23 in quality.

The massive cancellations were necessary because the policies did not provide mandated coverage. Once an individual is allowed to decide for themselves what kind of insurance coverage to get, they may decide they don't want maternity coverage, lactaction training, substance abuse or mental health coverage. The government has decided that people who don't want or need this kind of coverage still have to pay for it, to cover those who need it.

WRONG! A short message from my insurance broker; Each and every policy could be amended. Canceling allowed an up-sell of the policy which wouldn't have been possible through amending.

Obamacare was designed to fail to push forward a single payer system.

I'd prefer the non-mandated public option over single payer any day. Single payer would basically kill private insurance where as with public option the government competes with private insurance. Being as the government would do what they do with Medicare, negotiate with heathcare providers regarding the cost of their service/products, it would slow down the cost of healthcare in America. The private insurers also would start negotiating with the healthcare provider spectrum to be competitive with public option.
Almost every country in the world negotiates healthcare costs with providers and their costs per capita are far lower than the costs per capita in the US because our government doesn't negotiate except Medicare and the VA.

Attachments

• $Total_health_expenditure_per_capita,_US_Dollars_PPP.png
    $Total_health_expenditure_per_capita,_US_Dollars_PPP.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Republicans must be in on the conspiracy then, since they're doing everything they can to prevent the ACA from succeeding.

I disagree. I think the believed they were going to be the white knights coming into save Obama after his lies. As foolish as that belief was.

UnitedHealth Group dropped thousands of doctors from its networks in recent weeks, leaving many elderly patients unsure whether they need to switch plans to continue seeing their doctors, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday.

The insurer said in October that underfunding of Medicare Advantage plans for the elderly could not be fully offset by the company's other healthcare business. The company also reported spending more healthcare premiums on medical claims in the third quarter, due mainly to government cuts to payments for Medicare Advantage services.

The Journal report said that doctors in at least 10 states were notified of being laid off the plans, some citing "significant changes and pressures in the healthcare environment." According to the notices, the terminations can be appealed within 30 days.

Another top health insurer, Aetna Inc , also warned in October that it expected slowing growth in 2014 in its Medicare Advantage plans.
UnitedHealth drops thousands of doctors from insurance plans: WSJ

Remember the promise, if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor? Not any more...
There will be a natural shortage of doctors and this will make it worse.

Doctors that don't like Obamacare are taking early retirement or refusing to take Medicare patients. This will exaggerate the problem.

I wonder if the markets UHC is retreating from are markets where they don't own the majority of hospitals and Doctors.

In Vegas, UHC owns 5 of the 9 hospitals AND the largest employer of Doctors, South West Medical.

Buy UHC insurance and your healthcare comes from the company store!

Well from day one, this is going to be a burden on the middle class, Obama and the Democrats knew that from day one, they have lied to us on so many occasions about this law. The middle class, like always is getting screwed. The employers are not required for another year to help with health care, so it screws the middle class, insurance is now higher than before, screw the middle class. If you are for the middle class, you would be against this health care program.

Hmmmmm... if you can't get what you want through the front door (broad-daylight legislation), go around the back door (two-step fail-and-rescue)?
71_71.gif

Personally, I'm not quite ready to sign-off on such a Kornspiracy Theory, but I'll admit that the thought has occurred to me more than once...
tongue_smile.gif

Last edited:

Republicans must be in on the conspiracy then, since they're doing everything they can to prevent the ACA from succeeding.
Arguing the Kornspiracy side for a moment just for fun...

The GOP would not have to be 'in' on such a kornspiracy...

They merely need be sufficiently predictable so that the Kornspirators can factor such reaction into the Kornspiracy Planning Stage...
wink_smile.gif

UnitedHealth Group dropped thousands of doctors from its networks in recent weeks, leaving many elderly patients unsure whether they need to switch plans to continue seeing their doctors, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday.

The insurer said in October that underfunding of Medicare Advantage plans for the elderly could not be fully offset by the company's other healthcare business. The company also reported spending more healthcare premiums on medical claims in the third quarter, due mainly to government cuts to payments for Medicare Advantage services.

The Journal report said that doctors in at least 10 states were notified of being laid off the plans, some citing "significant changes and pressures in the healthcare environment." According to the notices, the terminations can be appealed within 30 days.

Another top health insurer, Aetna Inc , also warned in October that it expected slowing growth in 2014 in its Medicare Advantage plans.

Remember the promise, if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor? Not any more...

Doctors that don't like Obamacare are taking early retirement or refusing to take Medicare patients. This will exaggerate the problem.

It sounds like insurance companies are the problem to me. But of course, they have been for years since they continually get between doctors and patients when it comes to healthcare decisions and prescribed treatments.

Wanna know what's written on a typical death panel document? The words: Claim Denied!

It sounds like insurance companies are the problem to me. But of course, they have been for years since they continually get between doctors and patients when it comes to healthcare decisions and prescribed treatments.

Wanna know what's written on a typical death panel document? The words: Claim Denied!

There's nothing wrong with insurance companies per say, it's the people that deregulate them.

Government is scheduled to cut Medicare doctors fees 24% this year......again.....

this is on top of a 2% across-the-board cut...

of course there will probably be another 'doc fix' as there has been for years......but the LOW GOVERNMENT REIMBURSEMENTS are what is chasing doctors/insurers out of the Medicare business...so lots are losing their doctors...

when individual insurance costs go up to conform to OBAMACARE REQUIREMENTS profits also go out the window....so many insurance companies have pulled out of that sector too because it's not worth it....causing many to lose their doctors...

and you blame the INSURANCE COMPANIES....? :cuckoo:

There's nothing wrong with insurance companies per say, it's the people that deregulate them.

tell that to the State Insurance Commissioners....:lol:

I wonder if the markets UHC is retreating from are markets where they don't own the majority of hospitals and Doctors.

In Vegas, UHC owns 5 of the 9 hospitals AND the largest employer of Doctors, South West Medical.

Buy UHC insurance and your healthcare comes from the company store!

Well from day one, this is going to be a burden on the middle class, Obama and the Democrats knew that from day one, they have lied to us on so many occasions about this law. The middle class, like always is getting screwed. The employers are not required for another year to help with health care, so it screws the middle class, insurance is now higher than before, screw the middle class. If you are for the middle class, you would be against this health care program.

Insurance costs are 360% higher than when Reagan deregulated. There's the screwing of the middle class.

Amending of existing policies wouldn't have cost more, since the previsions in the contract and the fiduciary are two separate entities. Canceling, then making new changes that.

Notice the 'per say'?

Notice the 'per say'?

yeah yeah.....it's all Reagan's fault right...?

forget Jimmy Carter who left him with his little stagflation problem....double digit economic contraction combined with double digit inflation....

forget Barack Obama who's financially destroying the middle class with an average bill of $25,000 for healthcare.....$1000/mo for premiums plus another $1,000/mo for deductibles...and this doesn't even address all the new taxes....

you and Krugman can stuff it...

Remember Obama is the smartest man ever to hold the Oval office.
And Democrats know whats best for the country and how to spend other peoples money so how could any of this gone so friggin wrong?...

Forum List

Back