2nd Obama Presidential scandal ?

driveby

Gold Member
Sep 6, 2008
The White House Fires a Watchdog - WSJ.com

This is the change we were all supposed to believe in? I highly doubt you will hear much about this on ABC, CBS, NBC and CNN because it will have meant that their idol is a liar and a fraud.......:eusa_whistle:

Sadly though, if doing business with slum lords, paling around with domestic terrorists, and sitting in the church of a racist preacher for 20 years didn't stop the man from getting elected then this won't even cross the radar of most Americans......

The White House Fires a Watchdog - WSJ.com

This is the change we were all supposed to believe in? I highly doubt you will hear much about this on ABC, CBS, NBC and CNN because it will have meant that their idol is a liar and a fraud.......:eusa_whistle:

Sadly though, if doing business with slum lords, paling around with domestic terrorists, and sitting in the church of a racist preacher for 20 years didn't stop the man from getting elected then this won't even cross the radar of most Americans......

The media isn't covering this, but the alter media is.

The Volokh Conspiracy - UPDATE -- The White House Provides Further Detail On Walpin Firing And Confirms Interpretation Of IG Act:

Not sounding 'disorientated' here:

Moe Lane » Let us recap the Gerald Walpin situation.

Nor here:

Fired IG Calls White House Explanation 'Baseless,' Says He's Being Targeted - Political News - FOXNews.com

hey:

..."I am now the target of the most powerful man in this country, with an army of aides whose major responsibility today seems to be to attack me and get rid of me," Walpin said.

Facing bipartisan criticism for the firing, Obama sought to allay congressional concerns with a letter to Senate leaders Tuesday evening explaining his decision. In the letter, White House Special Counsel Norman Eisen wrote that Walpin was "confused" and "disoriented" at a May board meeting, was "unduly disruptive," and exhibited a "lack of candor" in providing information to decision makers.

"That's a total lie," Walpin said of the latter charge. And he said the accusation that he was dazed and confused at one meeting out of many was not only false, but poor rationale for his ouster.

"It appears to suggest that I was removed because I was disabled -- based on one occasion out of hundreds," he said, adding that the administration is grasping at "non-existent straws" to explain its actions.

"I would never say President Obama doesn't have the capacity to continue to serve because of his (statement) that there are 56 states," Walpin said, adding that the same holds for Vice President Biden and his "many express confusions that have been highlighted by the media." Obama mistakenly said once on the campaign trail that he had traveled to 57 states....

More seriously and opening the charges of political thugism:

What's behind Obama's sudden attempt to fire the AmeriCorps inspector general? | Washington Examiner

What's behind Obama's sudden attempt to fire the AmeriCorps inspector general?

By: Byron York
Chief Political Correspondent
06/11/09 8:14 PM EDT

New info: See updates below for Walpin's "one-hour deadline" e-mail to the White House.

There are a number of unanswered questions today about President Obama's abrupt decision to fire the inspector general of the AmeriCorps program, Gerald Walpin. Obama sent letters to House and Senate leaders yesterday informing them that he was firing Walpin, effective 30 days from the date of the letters.

"It is vital that I have the fullest confidence in the appointees serving as Inspectors General," the president wrote. "That is no longer the case with regard to this Inspector General."

The 30 day requirement is important because last year Congress passed the Inspectors General Reform Act, which was designed to strengthen protections for IGs, who have the responsibility of investigating allegations of waste, fraud and abuse within federal agencies, against interference by political appointees or the White House. Part of the Act was a requirement that the president give Congress 30 days' notice before dismissing an IG. One of the co-sponsors of the Act was then-Sen. Barack Obama.

The Act also requires the president to outline the cause for his decision to remove an IG. Beyond saying that he did not have the "fullest confidence" in Walpin, Obama gave no reason for his action.

There are two big questions about the president's actions. One, why did he decide to fire Walpin? And two, did he abide by the law that he himself co-sponsored?

Forum List

Back