27,000 gun owners in once place...

That's irrelevant to "who that is" ---- which is what you brought up. I don't know, or care, who it is. It doesn't matter. He may not know who that is in my avatar either, and that doesn't matter either.
Nice try.

You still make the assertion that there is something expressed in the avatar while knowing absolutely nothing about it.

There's something expressed in every image. Yours too, which I've always thought is kinda cool. It suggests rumination.

You're apparently trying to plug deeper meaning into whatever the biography of the image is. That's irrelevant. What I have, what we all have, is just the image. Period.

I could tell you the biography of my image but again it wouldn't be relevant to anything. It's what the image is, not where it came from. My image isn't saying "José Malhoa, O Fado, Portugal, 1910". It's just saying "music". You don't need to know about the derivation of the painting to get the point.
Yes, all we have is the image. However, YOU are making the assertion that such an image is part of a culture without any idea what the image is actually representing. Because YOU see it as rooted in gun culture is more of a reflection on you than it is on anyone else.

For instance, you are nowhere close to my avatar, which is a balrog, as it has nothing to do whatsoever with rumination.

That you assert one image is part of or suggestive of gun culture does not make it so. Everything image that contains a drawn weapon is not an expression of gun culture.

See, there again -- I don't need to know the derivation of your avatar to take an impression. This isn't a damn quiz. Actually it reminds me of whatzername, the poster with the caterpillar smoking the hookah.

Just as you don't need to know the derivation of my music avi (on hiatus for the moment) to get that it's about music, just as you don't need to know the derivation of Dave's image to see he's brandishing guns. It's all right there in front of the eye, paralysis through analysis isn't required here at all.

Now if anyone takes an interest in my avatar and inquires about it, I'll happily tell them where it comes from/what it's about, but I don't NEED everybody to know --- because it's not the point. Avatars demonstrate character --- that character we would wish to project. Yours (to me) projects rumination and wisdom. Mine projects music. Dave's projects terroristic threats. These are all choices we make, choices that reflect our own values.
"Terroristic threats"?

What a sissy bedwetter you are.

The character in my avatar is the last of his kind, a knight in the service of good. His name, Roland, comes from a line in Shakespeare's "King Lear". In Roland's world, the gunslingers (whose mythos is based on the King Arthur legend) protect the people of Roland's world against the forces of chaos who seek the destruction of all worlds, all universes, whose nexus is the Dark Tower, also referencing "Lear", and the goal of Roland's quest.

Hear that, you sissy bedwetter? You're afraid of the good guy trying to save an entire mutiverse.

But you see guns and you piss your pants in fear. And now that I've educated you, nothing will change. You need to stop pretending that your ignorance is righteous, and your limited knowledge defines reality. But you won't, because you're a pompous windbag.

Also from Shakespeare:

There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.​

You fuckin' pussy. That's what I'm going to correctly call you every time you whine about my avatar.

Once AGAIN, same as last time from which you learnt nothing, I said nothing about "fear". You made that up.

That's very informative and I'll mark this post in case I ever find it interesting in future years, which I doubt. But it's also amusing how you can twist "a knight in the service of good" out of a character brandishing weapons of death. So okay, if you insist, your avatar represents self-delusion. I just didn't think it was necessary to fathom to that deep a level. Warn me next time so I can don my hip boots.

Long as we're shaking spears, what you have there is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Nice try.

You still make the assertion that there is something expressed in the avatar while knowing absolutely nothing about it.

There's something expressed in every image. Yours too, which I've always thought is kinda cool. It suggests rumination.

You're apparently trying to plug deeper meaning into whatever the biography of the image is. That's irrelevant. What I have, what we all have, is just the image. Period.

I could tell you the biography of my image but again it wouldn't be relevant to anything. It's what the image is, not where it came from. My image isn't saying "José Malhoa, O Fado, Portugal, 1910". It's just saying "music". You don't need to know about the derivation of the painting to get the point.
Yes, all we have is the image. However, YOU are making the assertion that such an image is part of a culture without any idea what the image is actually representing. Because YOU see it as rooted in gun culture is more of a reflection on you than it is on anyone else.

For instance, you are nowhere close to my avatar, which is a balrog, as it has nothing to do whatsoever with rumination.

That you assert one image is part of or suggestive of gun culture does not make it so. Everything image that contains a drawn weapon is not an expression of gun culture.

See, there again -- I don't need to know the derivation of your avatar to take an impression. This isn't a damn quiz. Actually it reminds me of whatzername, the poster with the caterpillar smoking the hookah.

Just as you don't need to know the derivation of my music avi (on hiatus for the moment) to get that it's about music, just as you don't need to know the derivation of Dave's image to see he's brandishing guns. It's all right there in front of the eye, paralysis through analysis isn't required here at all.

Now if anyone takes an interest in my avatar and inquires about it, I'll happily tell them where it comes from/what it's about, but I don't NEED everybody to know --- because it's not the point. Avatars demonstrate character --- that character we would wish to project. Yours (to me) projects rumination and wisdom. Mine projects music. Dave's projects terroristic threats. These are all choices we make, choices that reflect our own values.
"Terroristic threats"?

The character in my avatar is the last of his kind, a knight in the service of good. His name, Roland, comes from a line in Shakespeare's "King Lear". In Roland's world, the gunslingers (whose mythos is based on the King Arthur legend) protect the people of Roland's world against the forces of chaos who seek the destruction of all worlds, all universes, whose nexus is the Dark Tower, also referencing "Lear", and the goal of Roland's quest.

Hear that, you sissy bedwetter? You're afraid of the good guy trying to save an entire mutiverse.

But you see guns and you piss your pants in fear. And now that I've educated you, nothing will change. You need to stop pretending that your ignorance is righteous, and your limited knowledge defines reality. But you won't, because you're a pompous windbag.

Also from Shakespeare:

You fuckin' pussy. That's what I'm going to correctly call you every time you whine about my avatar.

Once AGAIN, same as last time from which you learnt nothing, I said nothing about "fear". You made that up.

That's very informative and I'll mark this post in case I ever find it interesting in future years, which I doubt. But it's also amusing how you can twist "a knight in the service of good" out of a character brandishing weapons of death. So okay, if you insist, your avatar represents self-delusion. I just didn't think it was necessary to fathom to that deep a level. Warn me next time so I can don my hip boots.

Long as we're shaking spears, what you have there is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
You claimed a painting of guns is a terroristic threat. That's fear talking.

It's funny the way you believe you can convince me you're not a fuckin' pussy.

Because, you know -- you can't. Because you're a fuckin' pussy.

You can eat all your own shit you want. Just don't expect normal people to believe you when you say it's yummy.

"Terroristic threats"?

Also from Shakespeare:

You can eat all your own shit you want. Just don't expect normal people to believe you when you say it's yummy.

What's funny is your awarding yourself intimidation points you never earned.

You see, when I said it's a terroristic threat, I didn't say *I* was threatened by it. I didn't say anybody was. You're ass-uming your threats are successful. But nobody said that.

In other words "terroristic threat' isn't about the threatee. It's about the threater.

Again, an avatar is about what one puts out to the world. If I put out music (for example), that doesn't mean anybody hears it. It's about what we offer, whether that offer is taken up or not.

And we're right back where we started--- I offer music, you offer.... guns. We have different values. Which is what I noted in the first place.

Last edited:

"Terroristic threats"?

Also from Shakespeare:

You see, when I said it's a terroristic threat, I didn't say *I* was threatened by it. I didn't say anybody was. You're ass-uming your threats are successful. But nobody said that.

In other words "terroristic threat' isn't about the threatee. It's about the threater.

Again, an avatar is about what one puts out to the world. If I put out music (for example), that doesn't mean anybody hears it. It's about what we offer, whether that offer is taken up or not.

And we're right back where we started--- I offer music, you offer.... guns. We have different values. Which is what I noted in the first place.
I make no threats, explicit or implied.

That you believe I am is proof of your fear.

You really suck at this. Fuckin' pussy.

And your shit? Still not yummy. Never going to be. Run along, coward. Somebody might show you a painting of a weapon, and you'll have to do laundry again.

"Terroristic threats"?

Also from Shakespeare:

And your shit? Still not yummy. Never going to be. Run along, coward. Somebody might show you a painting of a weapon, and you'll have to do laundry again.

"I make no thread, explicit or implied" followed two lines later by "fuckin' pussy". :rofl:

Can't make this up.

It's been fun, I gotta get to work. Try not to shoot too much shit, gunslinger.

Uh, sorry, I mean "wooo scary gunslinger" :eek:

"Terroristic threats"?

Also from Shakespeare:

"I make no thread, explicit or implied" followed two lines later by "fuckin' pussy". :rofl:

Can't make this up.

It's been fun, I gotta get to work. Try not to shoot too much shit, gunslinger.

Uh, sorry, I mean "wooo scary gunslinger" :eek:
Calling you a fuckin' pussy is a threat?

Wow. That's really fuckin' stupid.

Forum List

Back