208 House Republicans Vote Against Bill To Combat Neo-Nazis In Military/Law Enforcement

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"As part of the annual defense spending bill (National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2022), the House approved an amendment requiring government officials to report instances of white supremacy and neo-Nazi activity in uniformed services and federal law enforcement. The amendment was approved in a party-line 218-208 vote. The measure calls for the FBI director, secretary of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the secretary of Defense to publish a report detailing white supremacist and neo-Nazi activity within their ranks. The report must disclose the number of people who were discharged from uniformed services or law enforcement because of situations involving white supremacy and neo-Nazi activity."

Serious question here....isn't it a good thing to not have Neo-Nazis and white supremacists in positions of law enforcement?? I mean, isn't there a historical track record of how bad things can be for everyday citizens if outright white supremacists are in positions of the public trust, like law enforcement? Why is this a bad thing?

Hell, if you come across an FBI agent who is a neo-Nazi or a racist cop who is a white supremacist, why be triggered about it? Just call them Democrats, whatever, but purging them from law enforcement should still be a good thing, right??

Here is a silly question. Why is your government (Canada too) so eager to constantly pass more Bills that engage in government against citizens, expanded entitlements etc, but no one pushes a Bill to get government OUT of your lives?

This isn't specific to any ideology because it's all politics. However, my question stands.

We hope America can keep their libertarians because being one in Canada is a near death sentence.

"As part of the annual defense spending bill (National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2022), the House approved an amendment requiring government officials to report instances of white supremacy and neo-Nazi activity in uniformed services and federal law enforcement. The amendment was approved in a party-line 218-208 vote. The measure calls for the FBI director, secretary of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the secretary of Defense to publish a report detailing white supremacist and neo-Nazi activity within their ranks. The report must disclose the number of people who were discharged from uniformed services or law enforcement because of situations involving white supremacy and neo-Nazi activity."

Serious question here....isn't it a good thing to not have Neo-Nazis and white supremacists in positions of law enforcement?? I mean, isn't there a historical track record of how bad things can be for everyday citizens if outright white supremacists are in positions of the public trust, like law enforcement? Why is this a bad thing?

Hell, if you come across an FBI agent who is a neo-Nazi or a racist cop who is a white supremacist, why be triggered about it? Just call them Democrats, whatever, but purging them from law enforcement should still be a good thing, right??
We don't do this here... this is not China...

We don't do this here... this is not China...
Don't do what? remove nazis from the military or law enforcement, why not?

By the way, China doesn't have a policy of removing Nazis and white supremacists from their military...maybe you should have said "we're not Germany" or something.....

By the way, China doesn't have a policy of removing Nazis and white supremacists from their military...maybe you should have said "we're not Germany" or something.....

^^^Ignore this guy. He supports Ukraine, a country that is riddled with neo-Nazis and has outlawed homosexuality.

More bullshit from the racist Democrats.
So, let me see if I got this right.....wanting to remove racists from the police and military is racist

But blocking all attempts to remove racists from the police and military is not racist?

Cool...Republicans should campaign on that.....I can see the ads now...

"Hey bro, vote for me so i can stop the racist radical left from going after Nazis and white supremacists" -- that should play well...

Now Biff. You know good and goddamn well that bill would be an instrument of abuse, not to mention the unconstitutionality of such a bill, and not to mention the dubious label "neo-nazi" and how it has recently been applied to anyone who disagrees with the left.

You don't seriously think this is a good bill, do you?

There are no Nazi's in our military.... we don't use the government to go after political rivals.... one man's Nazi is another man's patriot... and you don't get to decide which is which....
We have the UCMJ that determines when laws are broken... we don't punish beliefs only actions....

What Nazis?

Those types of things are already banned in the military.

^^^Ignore this guy. He supports Ukraine, a country that is riddled with neo-Nazis and has outlawed homosexuality.
I don't support Ukraine.....but...I don't support Russia either....

So in a case where a country minding their own business is invaded by the other country -- chances are -- whatever the invading country says about the country they are invading -- is lies...

You know ...how this country had you support the invasion of Iraq based on the lies told....but that's ok tho huh?

So, let me see if I got this right.....wanting to remove racists from the police and military is racist

But blocking all attempts to remove racists from the police and military is not racist?

"Hey bro, vote for me so i can stop the racist radical left from going after Nazis and white supremacists" -- that should play well...
There are already laws against racist discrimination in the military.

If someone holds “racist beliefs” that is their own affair, as long as they don’t do anything illegal.

There are no Nazi's in our military.... we don't use the government to go after political rivals.... one man's Nazi is another man's patriot... and you don't get to decide which is which....
We have the UCMJ that determines when laws are broken... we don't punish beliefs only actions....
Well, on the bright side....being a Neo-Nazi won't get you kicked out the military, so thank God for that huh

No, but give us the criteria. What is a "racist" and how do we identify them?

Plus...that whole first amendment thing....

No. Not when removing "racists" is unconstitutional.
I have no doubt DEMOCRATS will try to campaign on that.
"Hey bro, vote for me so i can stop the radical left from going after anybody they arbitrarily deem Nazis and white supremacists" -- fixed it for you...

Hey, why don't we go after people who are communist?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Forum List

Back