2021 Oscars

Bored to tears.

Nobody wearing masks!
Some where along the line many years ago lost interest in any and all award shows. As time went by lost interest in TV for the most part. College football and the weather Channel is about all I purposely tune into these days. Watch Old school Tales of Wells Fargo at 430 in the morning while eating breakfast. Every once in a while Bonanza before bed.

All I know is that tomorrow there will be a story that not enough "people of color" were nominated.

I hear that Twitter (whatever that is) has been flooded by posts angry that an African American actor did not win an Oscar (it went instead to an elderly Caucasian actor).

I'm guessing that the powers-to-be are quietly promising that a person of color WILL win next year.

I am so old that I remember when the Oscars were really the Oscars. Just a lot of fun and hosted by Bob Hope.

Didn't watch that silly woke shit.

Could care less what the Limousine Libtards award each other.

Apparently Anthony Hopkins won something which is cool because he is a truly great actor AND he doesn't comment on politics. As an added bonus he has publicly stated that most Actors are stupid. What's not to like?

Thank you Mike. Tony is one of the leading Welsh actors of this age. His Oscar is well deserved and indicates his world leading talent.

So much right wing pain and hate on display....delicious!

Promising Young Woman was a pedestrian movie though. Not sure why it was heralded so much. It didn't tell 1/2 the story and wasted the skills of two of the better actors out there; Jennifer Coolidge (Best in Show) and Clancy Brown (Shawshank).

Nomadland was the correct and rightful winner. One of the better films I've seen. Trivia bit about the movie. Frances MacDormond (sp?) actually did a lot of the jobs she portrayed in the movie to prepare for her role in the movie (worked in a bakery, kitchen, at an Amazon warehouse, handling sugar beets). She wanted authenticity so she did the jobs. The director, Chloe Zhao (sp? again) told her that she needed to stop doing it because she was too tired to "act tired". Good win.
Its a travesty that Welsh Actress Carey Mulligan did not win the prize. American bias at work.

Some where
As pointed out to you in another of your claims to brilliance, the above quoted text is a single word.

Somewhere at the end of a rainbow, you may find a pot full of your brains.
Lol keep getting triggered snow flake. Hillarious
Again, a numbnut conflates "being triggered" with "stating the truth".

BTW, hilarious has just one "L"

Try again, goofy! :laughing0301:
Lol, I take no time to spell check a blog. When on line I an carrying on likely 25 conversations at a time. I am more interested in the chick showing me her new teddy than you. Lol. No logic to spit so ya worry about typos. Typical snowflake dumb fuck.

Apparently Anthony Hopkins won something which is cool because he is a truly great actor AND he doesn't comment on politics. As an added bonus he has publicly stated that most Actors are stupid. What's not to like?

Thank you Mike. Tony is one of the leading Welsh actors of this age. His Oscar is well deserved and indicates his world leading talent.
It's amazing how many great actors that tiny country has produced over the years.

It will be interesting to see how far the ratings fell this year.
Since you asked
Oscars Ratings Crash To All-Time Low; Viewership Falls Under 10M For First Time Ever
In delayed fast national results just released by Nielsen, the 93rd Academy Awards were watched by a mere 9.85 million, with a dismal rating of 1.9 among the 18-49 demographic.
That is an all-time low for Hollywood’s biggest night — by a huge margin.

So much right wing pain and hate on display....delicious!

Promising Young Woman was a pedestrian movie though. Not sure why it was heralded so much. It didn't tell 1/2 the story and wasted the skills of two of the better actors out there; Jennifer Coolidge (Best in Show) and Clancy Brown (Shawshank).

Nomadland was the correct and rightful winner. One of the better films I've seen. Trivia bit about the movie. Frances MacDormond (sp?) actually did a lot of the jobs she portrayed in the movie to prepare for her role in the movie (worked in a bakery, kitchen, at an Amazon warehouse, handling sugar beets). She wanted authenticity so she did the jobs. The director, Chloe Zhao (sp? again) told her that she needed to stop doing it because she was too tired to "act tired". Good win.
Its a travesty that Welsh Actress Carey Mulligan did not win the prize. American bias at work.
Disagree.

This thread is a who's who of wingnuttery. The stench of crazy is pretty strong in here, think I better head out. Bye wingnuts.
Whatever your beliefs are, the fact is a lot of TV and what is Hollywood awards show is like a Soviet Commissary.

Kudos to my fellow Americans.

Just heard (yes, on FOX) that only about ten million people tuned in to the Oscars.

The overwhelming majority of Americans apparently had no desire to watch woke nonsense, presided over by "stars" whom no one had ever heard of before.

Forum List

Back