2020 Presidential Election: Biden Versus Trump - The '25th Amendment' Factor

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
Constitution of the United States Of America - Amendment 25

The Twenty-fifth Amendment (Amendment XXV) to the United States Constitution says that if the President becomes unable to do their job, the Vice President becomes the President. This can happen for just a little while, if the President is just sick or disabled for a short time.

The Bayh-Celler proposals, which formed the foundation of the 25th Amendment, refined the processes of declaring a President incapable of fulfilling the duties of office and filling a Vice Presidential vacancy.

The Twenty-fifth Amendment has been invoked (used) six times since it was added to the Constitution. Section 1 has been used once; Section 2 has been used twice; and Section 3 has been used three times.

Section 4 addresses the case of an incapacitated president who is unable or unwilling to execute the voluntary declaration contemplated in Section 3; it is the amendment's only section that has never been invoked.

(The 25th Amendment, Section 4 is the Amendment Asst Director of the DOJ, Rod Rosenstein, was referring to using when he attempted to talk Trump Cabinet officials into going along with him on to remove the President from office, going as far as offering to wear a 'wire' to illegally spy on / tape the President secretly to get material to use against him to force him from office under Article 25.)

SECTION 4 STATES:
Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

---------------------------------------------------

This article of the United States, based on both Joe Biden's obvious physical / mental issues (if not his growing number of scandals / crimes as well) will surely play a huge role in who the DNC manipulates Biden to take on as his 2020 VP running mate.

Biden needs a strong, experienced running mate to help give him every opportunity win while simultaneously giving the American people someone they can have confidence in to step in and take over as President if need be the day after Biden takes his oath of office.

In elections, VPs usually don't matter THAT much...but in THIS election Biden's pick as VP could be as important as Biden himself, and could basically be considered a 3rd Presidential Candidate in a 2-Person election.

SECTION 4 STATES:
Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

This raises an interesting question:

If the VP is charged with initiating this (or at least it can't happen without the VP's participation), then Mike Pence's failure to do so for the last three years should also make HIM incapable of discharging the duties of POTUS. Then what? I guess it goes to Speaker of the House, amirite?

If the VP is charged with initiating this (or at least it can't happen without the VP's participation), then Mike Pence's failure to do so for the last three years should also make HIM incapable of discharging the duties of POTUS. Then what? I guess it goes to Speaker of the House, amirite?

So you are asking if VP Mike Pence's refusal to take part in conspiratorial treason Obama's failed Deputy Director of the DOJ, Rod Rosenstein, attempted to initiate / carry out makes him 'incapable of carrying out his duties', duties you are now seemingly insanely attempting to claim include participating in treason / attempted coups,?!

Again, WTF is wrong with you.....SERIOUSLY?!

4+ years of TDS has finally destroyed every last brain cell in that head of yours....

SECTION 4 STATES:

You have a vivid fantasy life. I will give you that.

So you are asking if VP Mike Pence's refusal to take part in conspiratorial treason Obama's failed Deputy Director of the DOJ, Rod Rosenstein, attempted to initiate / carry out makes him 'incapable of carrying out his duties', duties you are now seemingly insanely attempting to claim include participating in treason / attempted coups,?!

4+ years of TDS has finally destroyed every last brain cell in that head of yours....

Me? Hey, I ain't the one who needs to completely rewrite a post in order to answer it sooooooooooo...........

SECTION 4 STATES:

LOL...

What mental defect are you using as justification? Trump is alert to time, date, and place... Joe not so much....

SECTION 4 STATES:

You have a vivid fantasy life. I will give you that.

I guess it makes up for the lack of answers I get to any of these questions.

SECTION 4 STATES:

LOL...

What mental defect are you using as justification? Trump is alert to time, date, and place... Joe not so much....

Uh huh. Answer one question.

Ready? Here it comes.

--------- WHERE is The Bronx?

SECTION 4 STATES:

LOL...

Ready? Here it comes.

How about this one....

WHO IS MY WIFE?

Oh they traded places on me... even when they didnt and the video clearly show they didnt...

Obama's failed Deputy Director of the DOJ? :eusa_eh:

Me? Hey, I ain't the one who needs to completely rewrite a post in order to answer it sooooooooooo...........
You're the one who asked if refusing to participate in the coup means Pence could / should be removed from office based on the 25th Amendment as well... Come on. Pogo, man up - be proud of the question you asked, don't puss out now and try to claim you never said / inferred any such thing.

'IF' Joe is elected, how long after Inauguration will his VP call for the 25th to be used?

SECTION 4 STATES:

LOL...

Ready? Here it comes.

How about this one....

WHO IS MY WIFE?

Oh they traded places on me... even when they didnt and the video clearly show they didnt...

Not sure who your wife is but I'm sure you could ask John Miller, or if he's on another line try John Baron.

I love posing that question. Nobody dares to answer it.

The Twenty-fifth Amendment (Amendment XXV) to the United States Constitution says that if the President becomes unable to do their job, the Vice President becomes the President. This can happen for just a little while, if the President is just sick or disabled for a short time.

The Bayh-Celler proposals, which formed the foundation of the 25th Amendment, refined the processes of declaring a President incapable of fulfilling the duties of office and filling a Vice Presidential vacancy.

The Twenty-fifth Amendment has been invoked (used) six times since it was added to the Constitution. Section 1 has been used once; Section 2 has been used twice; and Section 3 has been used three times.

Section 4 addresses the case of an incapacitated president who is unable or unwilling to execute the voluntary declaration contemplated in Section 3; it is the amendment's only section that has never been invoked.

(The 25th Amendment, Section 4 is the Amendment Asst Director of the DOJ, Rod Rosenstein, was referring to using when he attempted to talk Trump Cabinet officials into going along with him on to remove the President from office, going as far as offering to wear a 'wire' to illegally spy on / tape the President secretly to get material to use against him to force him from office under Article 25.)

SECTION 4 STATES:

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

---------------------------------------------------

This article of the United States, based on both Joe Biden's obvious physical / mental issues (if not his growing number of scandals / crimes as well) will surely play a huge role in who the DNC manipulates Biden to take on as his 2020 VP running mate.

Biden needs a strong, experienced running mate to help give him every opportunity win while simultaneously giving the American people someone they can have confidence in to step in and take over as President if need be the day after Biden takes his oath of office.

In elections, VPs usually don't matter THAT much...but in THIS election Biden's pick as VP could be as important as Biden himself, and could basically be considered a 3rd Presidential Candidate in a 2-Person election.

Sorry Trump could be removed under the 25th amendment.

You're the one who asked if refusing to participate in the coup means Pence could / should be removed from office based on the 25th Amendment as well... Come on. Pogo, man up - be proud of the question you asked, don't puss out now and try to claim you never said / inferred any such thing.

Reading is a lost art.

What I posted was the question of what happens if Pence calls for the 25th, gets Rump removed, and then is himself (Pence) found incapable of serving because he'd let Rump slide for three years.

See, if he had stepped in right away he might have got away with it. Now, Rump's gotta top even himself, and that's a really high (read: low) bar.

It's hard to believe you actually started a thread about the 25th with Rump in office and it didn't occur to you that the whiplash from the obvious would knock you over.

SECTION 4 STATES:

LOL...

Ready? Here it comes.

How about this one....

WHO IS MY WIFE?

Not sure who your wife is but I'm sure you could ask John Miller, or if he's on another line try John Baron.

You're so clever maybe everyone is afraid to answer because they might get spanked by your brilliance.

Or

Your theories are just dumb TDS fantasies.

SECTION 4 STATES:

LOL...

Ready? Here it comes.

How about this one....

WHO IS MY WIFE?

You're so clever maybe everyone is afraid to answer because they might get spanked by your brilliance.

Or

See what I mean?

SECTION 4 STATES:

LOL...

Ready? Here it comes.

How about this one....

WHO IS MY WIFE?

Or

That's the way he deflects from Sleepy Joe not knowing who he woke up with today... So its a TDS fantasy.

Section 4 addresses the case of an incapacitated president who is unable or unwilling to execute the voluntary declaration contemplated in Section 3;

SECTION 4 STATES:

This will be put to the test

Last edited:

Forum List

Back