2020 Coronavirus fatality rate vs. 2009 H1N1 fatality rate

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
Here in the US so far, the Coronavirus has a fatality rate of about 1.4%. There have been 936 fatalities in 65,497 confirmed cases. This is being calculated by dividing the number of deaths by the number of actual confirmed cases based on laboratory tests.

In the US, the 2009 H1N1 virus had a fatality rate of about 3%.

This is calculated based on 3,433 deaths with 113,690 confirmed cases. These are only cases and deaths confirmed by a laboratory test.

However, when we hear that the 2009 H1N1 had a .03% death rate, it is being calculated by taking the CDC estimate of 284,000 deaths by the CDC estimated 1 billion infected. Now, I doubt that 1 billion people actually tested positive in a laboratory. How many people did they test, 2 billion?

When we hear the fatality rates of the Coronavirus, they only divide the deaths by the number of those that actually tested positive. However, when they calculate the fatality rate of the 2009 H1N1 influenza virus, they divide the 300,000 deaths by the number of people they estimate had it.

With this in mind, consider the fact that 50% of the people who tested positive for the Coronavirus on the Diamond Princess never showed any symptoms. Additionally, the average age of passengers was 62. I say that we may have a LOT of Americans who are infected and have no clue. If 50% of infected individuals in a group with an average age of 62 never showed any symptoms, the percentage of people in their 20s who are infected and show no symptoms or only minor symptoms could be very high.

Coronavirus spreads more easily and has no vaccine for now.

I don't recall emergency hospitals being built all around the world because of the swine flu.

Agree...and we shut down our entire economy for it.
How many dead Americans will it take for you to take this thing seriously?

In the 2017-2018 flu season 60K+ Americans died. From the flu. I don't remember a 2 trillion stimulus package, being ordered to stay in my house, or anything similar.

So maybe we can think about getting even CLOSE to that number before we all start breathing in paper bags

In the 2017-2018 flu season 60K+ Americans died. From the flu. I don't remember a 2 trillion stimulus package, being ordered to stay in my house, or anything similar.

So maybe we can think about getting even CLOSE to that number before we all start breathing in paper bags
COVID19 is far from over. Before you can make an intelligent comparison you need all the data.
I'll ask again.

COVID19 is far from over. Before you can make an intelligent comparison you need all the data.
I'll ask again.

What do you mean "Take it seriously". ONE death is always a family tragedy (unless you want to kill your own baby in the womb, then Leftists love it and celebrate it. They adore those deaths). But you don't STOP society for those deaths. We didn't STOP society for 60K deaths. We haven't stopped society for the 50 million...MILLION...babies we've killed since Roe v. Wade. We don't stop society for the 36K Americans we lose on the roads on an average year.

So really, tell me again about all those deaths you weep about every single day?

I'll ask again.

What do you mean "Take it seriously". ONE death is always a family tragedy (unless you want to kill your own baby in the womb, then Leftists love it and celebrate it. They adore those deaths). But you don't STOP society for those deaths. We didn't STOP society for 60K deaths. We haven't stopped society for the 50 million...MILLION...babies we've killed since Roe v. Wade. We don't stop society for the 36K Americans we lose on the roads on an average year.

So really, tell me again about all those deaths you weep about every single day?
I will gladly answer your question once you have answered mine.

I'll ask again.

I don't dance to your tune. Ever.

I'll ask again.

I don't dance to your tune. Ever.
You've never heard me play.
I'm actually quite good.
Check out my band on ITunes.

If people start using OLD math there will have to be extreme measures to up the numbers/fear factor so they stay in line.
Death panels even ! Never waste a good crisis !
Hospitals across U.S. consider universal do-not-resuscitate orders for coronavirus patients

People are soon going to be using free google pics of zombies and saying "This person only had COVID for 20 minutes and look what happened!!"

I'm not kidding. They have nothing else. I mean, they have Joe Biden, who won't be able to speak two words together by October.

A strange pattern has emerged in COVID-19 CFRs in Switzerland. COVID-19 has been twice as likely to kill patients in French-speaking cantons of Switzerland than in German-speaking, and more than twice as likely to kill patients in Italian speaking cantons than in French ones.

EUBexhVU8AAIQiC

EUBezUxVAAAiTlW

EUBe0crUYAEFpzE

EUBfAHWUYAYaWpn

I don't recall emergency hospitals being built all around the world because of the swine flu.

That's because of an over-reaction.

I'll ask again.

Define take it seriously. When you say take it seriously, you seem to mean shut down the entire economy and plunge the nation into an economic depression that could drive unemployment to 30% according to some economists.

I'll ask again.

Define take it seriously. When you say take it seriously, you seem to mean shut down the entire economy and plunge the nation into an economic depression that could drive unemployment to 30% according to some economists.
What I mean is we have to do whatever it takes to prevent more loss of life.

Fuck the economy.

I'll ask again.

What I mean is we have to do whatever it takes to prevent more loss of life.

Fuck the economy.

Think how many American lives would have been saved if Abraham Lincoln had simply let the South continue to practice slavery. Nearly a million American men were killed in the prime of their life. I suppose we should have simply saved as many human lives as possible with no other considerations and said fuck human rights and basic dignity, basically fuck quality of life.

For that matter, imagine we do let the American economy collapse to maximize the saving of lives at any cost and we then we get hit with another pandemic AFTER economic devastation occurs and our economy is in absolute ruins.

I'll ask again.
Barry Hussein’s number was somewhere upwards of 12,000.

Forum List

Back