2017 Astros Ain't Champions

WillPower

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2018
They're cheaters and not deserving of the trophy or their rings. Same deal with the 2018 Red Sox....you get caught you lose the title...just like in college sports and the Olympics. But instead the Commish tells us they lose their manager, GM, and draft picks? NO. For there to be any integrity in the game, a game with a long history of seeking an advantage, centerfield cameras and wireless buzzers attached to hitters signaling off-speed pitches, is too much. All the proof you need is here with Altuve...a great player who knew what he was getting himself into but didn't care. Lifetime ban for him and Bregman and any others a real investigation will expose. Need proof Altuve had a buzzer under his uniform?
117537-98aabc77dde0769fc46fef528a3c535e.jpg

They are champions but the championship is tainted.

They can wear their WS rings but they can’t wear it proudly.

As an Astros fan I'm pissed about the cheating!!!!
I wont condone the bean ball next year since the astros would have no choice but to answer in kind.

I foresee a lot of brawls with the Stros this year

We are in the Trump era... winning is all that matters. Doesn’t matter how you do it.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Here is the whole story (at least what is known so far) about the scandal.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2020/01/13/houston-astros-cheating-punishment

It turns out they were warned by the Commissioners office during the 2017 season and continued cheating. The Commish clipped them pretty hard...$5M fine, no first and second round amateur picks this year and next... OUCH! And the manager and GM fired. The owner still seems oblivious to any of it and thinks they were picked on....he's in line for a tune-up if they ever pull this shit again. The Commissioner's office is also considering a ban on operating video equipment of any kind during the game. The trash can stuff can be handled by the umps. No way to prove Altuve and the others wore buzzers so a lifetime ban would probably be overturned in the courts.

They are champions but the championship is tainted.

They can wear their WS rings but they can’t wear it proudly.

No, they're not champions....the title is empty when it comes to the 2017 season and the Astro stats should be deleted....Do that and the ones who had good years and didn't cheat could be tempted to tell the media what they saw in that lockerroom in 2017. Mike Fiers will never have to stand in the batter's box in Houston which is why he probably spilled the beans. To be fair, I doubt the Astros and BoSox are the only cheaters...Chris Sale with the White Sox and Weaver from the Angels were convinced at various times my Tigers were using spy cameras in their scoreboard. One thing is certain....nobody will try this shit again any time soon because if they do, Manfred will cloud up and rain on them like Katrina. :lol:

Feel bad for Kershaw. His legacy has been directly affected (or is it effected.)

They're cheaters and not deserving of the trophy or their rings. Same deal with the 2018 Red Sox....you get caught you lose the title...just like in college sports and the Olympics. But instead the Commish tells us they lose their manager, GM, and draft picks? NO. For there to be any integrity in the game, a game with a long history of seeking an advantage, centerfield cameras and wireless buzzers attached to hitters signaling off-speed pitches, is too much. All the proof you need is here with Altuve...a great player who knew what he was getting himself into but didn't care. Lifetime ban for him and Bregman and any others a real investigation will expose. Need proof Altuve had a buzzer under his uniform?

I do not even know what to say about all of this, it's not just in baseball. Don King ruined boxing with not giving real contenders shots and getting preferential treatment in decisions. You have the Astros doing thier thing, the patriots doing thier thing, and do we even need to talk about college recruiting issues. Add all this to the cost of games going up makes it harder to be a sports fan these days. Have not watched much lately but hopefully golf still has some honor.

Feel bad for Kershaw. His legacy has been directly affected (or is it effected.)

Agreed.....several teams and dozens of opponents were denied success by the Astro's scumbag tactics. If pitchers they screwed over feel the need to retaliate for being cheated who could blame them? If I were Altuve, Bregman, and a few others, I'd wear every kind of pad MLB will allow to the plate because they will be thrown at....pro baseball takes care of these things in their own way.

I do not even know what to say about all of this, it's not just in baseball. Don King ruined boxing with not giving real contenders shots and getting preferential treatment in decisions. You have the Astros doing thier thing, the patriots doing thier thing, and do we even need to talk about college recruiting issues. Add all this to the cost of games going up makes it harder to be a sports fan these days. Have not watched much lately but hopefully golf still has some honor.

Golf? Not really a sport and is one of the most corrupt games there is....everybody cheats in golf at one time or another. But you're right about baseball and boxing....Shoeless Joe, McGuire/Canseco, Pete Rose (bet against his own team), Lance Armstrong, Rosie Ruiz, and now the Astros....I hate liars and cheaters and maybe I'm old school but I don't believe in second chances if everybody heard the warnings that were given. Hell, first-offense steroids is now almost a season-long ban and even if a guy is juicing, he still has to hit the ball on the screws to leave the park. Tipping off pitches is old as the game itself, same as lip-reading and peeking in from second base, (and third if a catcher is lazy about blocking that view). That's fair play and should always be...but what the Astros did WAY past that. Weak "apologies" and "let's move forward" dodges are pitiful....these guys should be held accountable but the Commish chickened out because the agents and player's association kept him from doing the right thing.

Last edited:

You're wrong, Will. The Astros have the TROPHY to prove THEY won in 2017. And it looks like it's NOT going to be taken away from them. Are you a sore-loser Dodgers fan by any chance?

You're wrong, Will. The Astros have the TROPHY to prove THEY won in 2017. And it looks like it's NOT going to be taken away from them. Are you a sore-loser Dodgers fan by any chance?

Right and Clinton won the popular vote....are you a sore-loser Hillary fan by any chance? Cheating ain't winning...it's stealing and that trophy will be in a pawn shop some day, worthless as the men who swiped it from the fans.

They obviously learned from the pros the best at cheating to have to achieve greatness,the cheatriots :lmao: :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back