2016 President/Vice President Debate Dates & Moderators

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
The Commission on Presidential Debates on Friday announced the moderators of the three presidential debates, as well as the one vice presidential debate.

September 26 - President
Lester Holt, anchor of NBC Nightly News, will moderate the first presidential debate on Sept. 26 in Hempstead, New York.

October 4 - Vice President
Elaine Quijano, a CBS News correspondent and anchor for the network’s online broadcast platform CBSN, will moderate the lone vice presidential debate on Oct. 4 in Farmville, Virginia. Quijano will also be the first anchor of a digital network to moderate a presidential debate.

October 9 - President
ABC’s Martha Raddatz and CNN’s Anderson Cooper will moderate the second debate on Oct. 9 in St. Louis.

October 19 - President
Chris Wallace of Fox News will moderate the third on Oct. 19 in Las Vegas. The selection of Wallace marks the first time a Fox News host has been chosen to moderate a general election presidential debate.

Here's Who Will Moderate The Presidential And Vice Presidential Debates

Sounds like a reasonable group of moderators. I expect some tough questions from all of them.

The Commission on Presidential Debates on Friday announced the moderators of the three presidential debates, as well as the one vice presidential debate.

September 26 - President
Lester Holt, anchor of NBC Nightly News, will moderate the first presidential debate on Sept. 26 in Hempstead, New York.

Elaine Quijano, a CBS News correspondent and anchor for the network’s online broadcast platform CBSN, will moderate the lone vice presidential debate on Oct. 4 in Farmville, Virginia. Quijano will also be the first anchor of a digital network to moderate a presidential debate.

October 9 - President
ABC’s Martha Raddatz and CNN’s Anderson Cooper will moderate the second debate on Oct. 9 in St. Louis.

October 19 - President
Chris Wallace of Fox News will moderate the third on Oct. 19 in Las Vegas. The selection of Wallace marks the first time a Fox News host has been chosen to moderate a general election presidential debate.

Sounds like a reasonable group of moderators. I expect some tough questions from all of them.
Thank you Lakhota .

I hope the mod's ask relevant questions of Trump, and when he alludes them, I hope they ask him again.

I hope they go into Benghazi with Hillary, and when she alludes them, that they also ask her again.

Otherwise these are just going to turn into emotional food fights.

I am looking forward to the first one. Whether I watch the others will depend on how the first one goes.

September 26 - President

October 9 - President

October 19 - President

Thank you Lakhota .

I hope the mod's ask relevant questions of Trump, and when he alludes them, I hope they ask him again.

I hope they go into Benghazi with Hillary, and when she alludes them, that they also ask her again.

Otherwise these are just going to turn into emotional food fights.

I am looking forward to the first one. Whether I watch the others will depend on how the first one goes.

I agree - except that I see no logical point in further grilling Hillary on Benghazi. The House has pretty much grilled her to death on that - and found nothing. Since we already know about most of their "baggage" - I would rather the moderators focus on their proposed policies for America - and how they will implement them. Rehashing and relitigating old history seems like a waste of valuable debate time. However, I'm sure many viewers would like to hear some gotcha questions.

Last edited:
debates are bullshit the way they do them.....let them answer spontaneous questions from the people in the audience.....this way they cant prepare for their answers in advance.....see who can think on their feet....

Pence gonna wipe the floor with biden 2.0

57cb234e170000172ac7767d.jpeg

Just wait until the debates start.

Forty-five percent of Americans have gotten into a fight over the election with a friend, a family member or a co-worker this year, a new HuffPost/YouGov poll finds ― up from just over a third in May.

Thirty-eight percent of Americans have argued with a friend, 30 percent with a family member, and 16 percent with a co-worker. Ten percent have managed to get into arguments with all three groups.

57cb23b1180000b429bcf0d8.png

HUFFINGTON POST
A significant portion of the public says they have no idea what those on the other side are thinking. Thirty-nine percent of Americans, including 70 percent of Democrats, can’t understand why anyone would vote for Donald Trump. Forty-two percent, including 77 percent of Republicans, don’t get why anyone would support Hillary Clinton.

But there’s an even bigger disconnect ― many people don’t have a close relationship with anyone whose views are different from their own. Just 28 percent of Americans have both at least one family member or close friend who supports Clinton and at least one who supports Trump. Half of Republicans say that no relative or close friend of theirs supports Clinton, while 55 percent of Democrats say no one in their circle is backing Trump.

People with friends and family in both political camps are, perhaps unsurprisingly, more likely to report that they’ve gotten into arguments this year. Nearly three-quarters say they’ve had at least one fight over the election. But they’re also more likely to have some understanding for those with opposing views.

More: Nearly Half Of Americans Have Gotten Into A Fight About The Election

Yep, just wait until the debates start.

I want the candidates to moderate themselves. Take turns asking questions and answering.

Not me. I want some structure - not a free-for-all with two people talking over each other. I also want "professional" questions.
I want them both to get hit with gotcha questions. Hard ball questions. Their opponent is the best one to come up with them.

I'm not sure Trump could form a coherent question.

I'm hoping that the moderators are simply competent and that both candidates do well in regards to presenting realistic solutions to key issues the country is facing.

September 26 - President

October 9 - President

October 19 - President

What's all this b.s. about them not supposed to "fact check"??

Since when are "journalism" and "facts" mutually exclusive?

I think every 15 minutes there should be a break for fact-chekers to chime in.

September 26 - President

October 9 - President

October 19 - President

Since when are "journalism" and "facts" mutually exclusive?

I think every 15 minutes there should be a break for fact-chekers to chime in.

NOT THEIR JOB

Forum List

Back