2014 On Track To Be Hottest Year On Record

jc, stop trolling.

You are not a special little snowflake who gets to break board rules just because he wants attention. Grow the fuck up.

Seriously, why do you act like such a child?

And to keep things on topic, why did you say something this stupid?

you do know that the northern hemisphere has always been the coldest area of the globe outside the Antarctic, right?

Exactly what did you mean by uttering a statement that dumb?

And do you agree with Ernie's idiot claim that humans can't change natural cycles? Yes or no?
no I don't believe humans can. And, you have no evidence to suggest humans do.

So follow your own advice and stop trolling me.

That above was reported for spamming and trolling. jc, I warned you. I think everyone here has had enough of your shit, and I encourage everyone to report it. This is a zone 3 forum, but there are still limits on spamming and trolling, and you're way over them.

still not sure what he believes we gain out of not believing those lies. I wish for once someone would post that up.

I did. You ignored it and posted crickets. That was cowardice above and beyond the call on your part.

I'm going to do what you hate most. I'm going to keep trying to discuss science with you. That means you're going to keep screaming, wetting yourself and running, flinging out some bizarre deflections to cover your retreat. That's the "natural cycle" here. We'll start with your more recent stupid episodes, since you've given us too much total stupid here to handle in even a hundred posts.

So, you agree with Ernie's claim that humans can't affect natural cycles, using your usual "BECAUSE I SAY SO!" as justification. Does that mean you think humans can't cause forest fires?

How do you explain the directly observed stratospheric cooling, decrease in outgoing longwave radiation, and increase in backradiation, all which show humans _are_ changing the natural cycles? Not to mention the sudden temperature increase, even though the natural cycle should have the earth slowly cooling.

Exactly what did you mean by "you do know that the northern hemisphere has always been the coldest area of the globe outside the Antarctic, right?". Given the average temperature of the northern hemisphere is always warmer than the average temperature of the southern hemisphere, it seems quite a stupid thing to say. Did you cult not inform you of that fact?

Why did you tell us a weird story that "scientists are moving their huts because Antarctica is colder"?

Why are you confusing ice levels with temperature? Air temperature is just one factor affecting sea ice levels. Air temperatures near Antarctica have gone up as ice levels have gone up. Are you claiming that the rising air temperatures indicate cooling?

Again, I know what you hope to gain here. Attention. It goes along with your histrionic personality disorder. For you, the attention you get is the desired ends. In your mind, there's no such thing as bad attention, so you don't care how stupid you have to act to get the attention. With you, as with most deniers, the way forward is to ignore the tantrums, and to just keep bringing you back to the science you're trying to run from.

Last edited:
That above was reported for spamming and trolling. jc, I warned you. I think everyone here has had enough of your shit, and I encourage everyone to report it. This is a zone 3 forum, but there are still limits on spamming and trolling, and you're way over them.

still not sure what he believes we gain out of not believing those lies. I wish for once someone would post that up.

I did. You ignored it and posted crickets. That was cowardice above and beyond the call on your part.

I'm going to do what you hate most. I'm going to keep trying to discuss science with you. That means you're going to keep screaming, wetting yourself and running, flinging out some bizarre deflections to cover your retreat. That's the "natural cycle" here. We'll start with your more recent stupid episodes, since you've given us too much total stupid here to handle in even a hundred posts.

So, you agree with Ernie's claim that humans can't affect natural cycles, using your usual "BECAUSE I SAY SO!" as justification. Does that mean you think humans can't cause forest fires?

How do you explain the directly observed stratospheric cooling, decrease in outgoing longwave radiation, and increase in backradiation, all which show humans _are_ changing the natural cycles? Not to mention the sudden temperature increase, even though the natural cycle should have the earth slowly cooling.

Exactly what did you mean by "you do know that the northern hemisphere has always been the coldest area of the globe outside the Antarctic, right?". Given the average temperature of the northern hemisphere is always warmer than the average temperature of the southern hemisphere, it seems quite a stupid thing to say. Did you cult not inform you of that fact?

Why did you tell us a weird story that "scientists are moving their huts because Antarctica is colder"?

Why are you confusing ice levels with temperature? Air temperature is just one factor affecting sea ice levels. Air temperatures near Antarctica have gone up as ice levels have gone up. Are you claiming that the rising air temperatures indicate cooling?

Again, I know what you hope to gain here. Attention. It goes along with your histrionic personality disorder. For you, the attention you get is the desired ends. In your mind, there's no such thing as bad attention, so you don't care how stupid you have to act to get the attention. With you, as with most deniers, the way forward is to ignore the tantrums, and to just keep bringing you back to the science you're trying to run from.
give me a post number where you answered my question.

All your questions were directly answered many times by many people on many past threads.

And everyone has learned not to play your dishonest games. We could spend time listing the evidence yet another time, and you'd make up the same bizarre stories about why it doesn't count.

Congratulations. Everyone, on all sides, considers you to be a complete waste of time.

All your questions were directly answered many times by many people on many past threads.

And everyone has learned not to play your dishonest games. We could spend time listing the evidence yet another time, and you'd make up the same bizarre stories about why it doesn't count.

Congratulations. Everyone, on all sides, considers you to be a complete waste of time.
so you can't tell me in this thread, the post where you answered me? Really, so you really didn't so you are now a liar.

here from the Geologist thread from SSDD:
Yet not one of you half wit deniers has even bothered to present any evidence to support your claims. Why is that?
I asked now three times, what is it you are looking for? evidence of what claim?
And once again I'll ask for an answer to a simple question: Where is the evidence to support the claims that climate scientists all around the world are involved in a conspiracy with governments to suppress to truth about global climate change? Asked many times, not answered once.

And once again, conspiracy is your argument...it is a fraudulent argument as are most warmer arguments, but if it is all you have, it is all you have. There is no conspiracy, there is the natural tendency of big government types to increase the size of government....now perhaps, you can say which of those promoting AGW, and all of the government control required to bring it under control are not big government types....or receive their funding from big government types....or perhaps, you could tuck your "conspiracy" argument into a nice tight wad and shove it up your ass where your head apparently resides.

Your question has been answered...just because you don't like the answer does not negate the fact that it has been answered.
Wrong again, the conspiracy of scientists and governments is the foundation of the deniers argument. You don't even know what you stand for, what you believe, or why.

Sorry but it isn't....failure of science to provide any actual empirical evidence that the CO2 produced by mankind is altering the global climate is the foundation of our argument...again, your conspiracy argument is just a straw man.

You don't think scientists who favor big government can use their position to provide information that will be used by those in government to grow government? Of course you don't because clearly, history isn't your thing.

Do you think some "conspiracy" was involved to grow the welfare state and swell the government in the process? Social scientists who favored big government were perfectly willing to provide paper after paper in support of the welfare state and people in government who favored the welfare state and the money and power the growth of the welfare state afforded them were more than willing to use those papers to justify the growth of the welfare state and in turn the growth of government....and fund more papers pronouncing the benefits of the welfare state.

There were plenty of social scientists who were opposed to the growth of the welfare state and plenty of papers published predicting the disaster of the welfare state but like climate skeptics, funding was difficult for them to get and their predictions went mostly unconsidered, and unheeded. So here we are in the 21st century, and we see the predictions of those opposed to the growth of the welfare state were, in fact, correct...and we see that the welfare state was a disaster which cost hundreds of billions of dollars, caused incalculable suffering by creating generational dependence upon government handouts, and actually lifted very few, if any people out of poverty.

The point is that science that supported the growth of government was produced by willing participants who were funded by big government types in order to, in fact, grow government. It didn't involve any conspiracy...it was just the undeniable tendency for those who believe big government is good to do what they can to assure the continued growth of government and to restrict, whenever possible, access to those who may be seen as competition, who don't favor big government.

Poor science that depends almost entirely on failing models is where climate science stands today...just as poor science based almost entirely on poor models was where social science stood back in the day when the welfare state was the brass ring waiting to be grasped by big government types.

You are the one claiming conspiracy....us skeptics are saying bad science and reality is proving us correct at every turn. When the models which are the foundation of climate science are diverging further away from reality every day, who in their right mind continues to support the models?...other than those who see them as a means to continue to grow government?

Getting back to the scientific facts that the denier cult crazies can't handle.....you'll note that this article is from a little over a year ago....since 2014 subsequenty became the new hottest year on record, the latest, more accurate title to the article would be, at this point in time, that '14 of 15 Hottest Years on Record All Occured in 21st Century'.

13 of 14 Hottest Years on Record All Occurred in 21st Century
The Weather Channel
By Terrell Johnson
Published Mar 24, 2014
weather.com
Call it climate change, global warming or even global "weirding," 2013 was the planet's sixth hottest year on record, the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) announced Monday in a report that detailed a litany of historic weather events around the world like Typhoon Haiyan, Cyclone Phailin and Australia's record-breaking heat wave.

The average temperature worldwide last year – global land and ocean surface temperatures – was 58.1°F, about 0.9°F above the 1961-1990 average and about 0.05°F above the 2001-2010 decadal average, the WMO said in the report.

The organization's Annual Statement on the Status of the Climate showed also that despite the oft-reported global warming "hiatus," 13 of the 14 warmest years in recorded weather history have all occurred in the opening years of the 21st century.

Each of the last three decades has been warmer than the previous one, the report adds, and the 2001 to 2010 decade is the warmest in history so far.

There is no standstill in global warming,” said WMO Secretary-General Michel Jarraud, drawing a distinction between the relatively slow rise in average land surface temperatures since the late 1990s and other signs of planetary warming, including the dramatic loss of Arctic sea ice and glacial ice around the world.

"More than 90 percent of the excess energy trapped by greenhouse gases is stored in the oceans," where warming has accelerated and at lower depths, he added. "Levels of these greenhouse gases are at record levels, meaning that our atmosphere and oceans will continue to warm for centuries to come."

While 2013 brought unusually cool summer temperatures to much of the eastern half of the United States, and one of the quietest Atlantic hurricane seasons in recent memory, the year elsewhere around the world brought many events that "we would expect as a result of human-induced climate change," said Jarraud.

"We saw heavier precipitation, more intense heat, and more damage from storm surges and coastal flooding as a result of sea level rise, as Typhoon Haiyan so tragically demonstrated in the Philippines," he added.

Temperatures in the Southern Hemisphere were very warm throughout the year, the report notes, evidenced by Australia's record heat as well as the warmth in New Zealand and Argentina, both of which experienced near-record warm years.

Searing droughts occurred in northwestern Brazil – that region's worst in 50 years – as well as in southern China and parts of Africa, while heavy rains and severe floods swept through the India-Nepal border region as well as Sudan and Somalia.

Extreme precipitation also led to severe floods in Europe, especially in the Alpine regions of Austria, Germany, Poland, Switzerland and the Czech Republic.

Australia's bout with record-breaking heat and wildfires is examined in a peer-reviewed case study within the report, which investigated whether that country's extreme summer temperatures were caused by man-made climate change.

By comparing climate model simulations – with and without factors influenced by human causes, such as the buildup of industrial-era greenhouse gas emissions – the study found that Australia's summer of 2012-2013 was "about five times as likely as a result of human-induced influence on climate," it said.

The record hot calendar year of 2013 would have been virtually impossible without human contributions of heat-trapping gases, illustrating that some extreme events are becoming much more likely due to climate change,” the study concluded.

See the full report at the World Meteorological Organization.

Getting back to the scientific facts that the denier cult crazies can't handle.....you'll note that this article is from a little over a year ago....since 2014 subsequenty became the new hottest year on record, the latest, more accurate title to the article would be, at this point in time, that '14 of 15 Hottest Years on Record All Occured in 21st Century'.

13 of 14 Hottest Years on Record All Occurred in 21st Century
The Weather Channel
By Terrell Johnson
Published Mar 24, 2014
weather.com
Call it climate change, global warming or even global "weirding," 2013 was the planet's sixth hottest year on record, the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) announced Monday in a report that detailed a litany of historic weather events around the world like Typhoon Haiyan, Cyclone Phailin and Australia's record-breaking heat wave.

The average temperature worldwide last year – global land and ocean surface temperatures – was 58.1°F, about 0.9°F above the 1961-1990 average and about 0.05°F above the 2001-2010 decadal average, the WMO said in the report.

The organization's Annual Statement on the Status of the Climate showed also that despite the oft-reported global warming "hiatus," 13 of the 14 warmest years in recorded weather history have all occurred in the opening years of the 21st century.

Each of the last three decades has been warmer than the previous one, the report adds, and the 2001 to 2010 decade is the warmest in history so far.

There is no standstill in global warming,” said WMO Secretary-General Michel Jarraud, drawing a distinction between the relatively slow rise in average land surface temperatures since the late 1990s and other signs of planetary warming, including the dramatic loss of Arctic sea ice and glacial ice around the world.

"More than 90 percent of the excess energy trapped by greenhouse gases is stored in the oceans," where warming has accelerated and at lower depths, he added. "Levels of these greenhouse gases are at record levels, meaning that our atmosphere and oceans will continue to warm for centuries to come."

While 2013 brought unusually cool summer temperatures to much of the eastern half of the United States, and one of the quietest Atlantic hurricane seasons in recent memory, the year elsewhere around the world brought many events that "we would expect as a result of human-induced climate change," said Jarraud.

"We saw heavier precipitation, more intense heat, and more damage from storm surges and coastal flooding as a result of sea level rise, as Typhoon Haiyan so tragically demonstrated in the Philippines," he added.

Temperatures in the Southern Hemisphere were very warm throughout the year, the report notes, evidenced by Australia's record heat as well as the warmth in New Zealand and Argentina, both of which experienced near-record warm years.

Searing droughts occurred in northwestern Brazil – that region's worst in 50 years – as well as in southern China and parts of Africa, while heavy rains and severe floods swept through the India-Nepal border region as well as Sudan and Somalia.

Extreme precipitation also led to severe floods in Europe, especially in the Alpine regions of Austria, Germany, Poland, Switzerland and the Czech Republic.

Australia's bout with record-breaking heat and wildfires is examined in a peer-reviewed case study within the report, which investigated whether that country's extreme summer temperatures were caused by man-made climate change.

By comparing climate model simulations – with and without factors influenced by human causes, such as the buildup of industrial-era greenhouse gas emissions – the study found that Australia's summer of 2012-2013 was "about five times as likely as a result of human-induced influence on climate," it said.

The record hot calendar year of 2013 would have been virtually impossible without human contributions of heat-trapping gases, illustrating that some extreme events are becoming much more likely due to climate change,” the study concluded.

See the full report at the World Meteorological Organization.

yep when a group wants to advertize their belief and the observed doesn't follow, one must then fudge all the data to make the data fall in line. hahahahhhahahahahhahhahaa.

As I've already stated, the groups admit it.

Edit:

NOAA link:

Climate Reconstruction National Climatic Data Center NCDC

so in other words one can just make up global warming stats and say it's official and then tell everyone to post the notices up! can you say LOL? hahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

LOLOLOLOL......the last gasp of the denier cult trolls....a denier cult organization, with a record of promoting lies and fraudulent misinformation, recruits some denier cult dingbats to challenge the world scientific community, in the service of their fossil fuel industry paymasters. Only the denier cult retards take this seriously.

Leading group of climate change deniers accused of creating 'fake controversy' over claims global temperature data may be inaccurate
The Independent
BEN TUFFT
Sunday 26 April 2015
The UK’s most prominent climate change denial group is launching an inquiry into the integrity of global surface temperature records.

The Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF), established by notable climate-change sceptic Lord Lawson, announced an international team of “eminent climatologists, physicists and statisticians” would investigate the reliability of the current data.

Professor Terence Kealey, the former vice-chancellor of the University of Buckingham, has been appointed chair of the international temperature data review project.

Professor Kealey studied medicine at Oxford University before lecturing on clinical biochemistry, which is primarily concerned with the analysis of bodily fluids, at Cambridge University. It is unclear what experience he has in the field of climate change.

The other five commissioners of the data review project: Petr Chylek, Richard McNider, Roman Mureika, Roger A Pielke Sr and William van Winjngaarden are all associated with North American universities.

According to the GWPF, questions have been raised about the reliability of temperature data and the extent to which recordings may have been adjusted after they were collected.

The group claims the inquiry will “review the technical challenges in accurately measuring surface temperature, and will assess the extent of adjustments to the data, their integrity and whether they tend to increase or decrease the warming trend”.

On launching the inquiry Professor Kealey said: “Many people have found the extent of adjustments to the data surprising. While we believe that the 20th century warming is real, we are concerned by claims that the actual trend is different from – or less certain than – has been suggested.

Bob Ward, policy and research director at the Grantham Institute of climate change and the environment, told The Independent: “I think this is a very obvious attempt to create a fake controversy over the global temperature record ahead of the [UN Climate Change] Paris summit."

The only purpose of this review is to cast doubt on the science. It is a political move, not a serious scientific one.

The GWPF has previously been subject to complaints that it has misled the public over climate change and used factually inaccurate material “as part of its campaign against climate policies in the UK and overseas”.

Former chancellor, Lord Lawson, set up the GWPF in 2009. His book on the subject of climate change, titled An Appeal to Reason: A Cool Look at Global Warming, was labelled “misleading” by Sir John Houghton, a former co-chair of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).

While Bob Watson, another former head of the IPCC, said that Lord Lawson did not understand “the current scientific and economic debate”.

LOLOLOLOL......the last gasp of the denier cult trolls....a denier cult organization, with a record of promoting lies and fraudulent misinformation, recruits some denier cult dingbats to challenge the world scientific community, in the service of their fossil fuel industry paymasters. Only the denier cult retards take this seriously.

Leading group of climate change deniers accused of creating 'fake controversy' over claims global temperature data may be inaccurate
The Independent
BEN TUFFT
Sunday 26 April 2015
The UK’s most prominent climate change denial group is launching an inquiry into the integrity of global surface temperature records.

The Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF), established by notable climate-change sceptic Lord Lawson, announced an international team of “eminent climatologists, physicists and statisticians” would investigate the reliability of the current data.

Professor Terence Kealey, the former vice-chancellor of the University of Buckingham, has been appointed chair of the international temperature data review project.

Professor Kealey studied medicine at Oxford University before lecturing on clinical biochemistry, which is primarily concerned with the analysis of bodily fluids, at Cambridge University. It is unclear what experience he has in the field of climate change.

The other five commissioners of the data review project: Petr Chylek, Richard McNider, Roman Mureika, Roger A Pielke Sr and William van Winjngaarden are all associated with North American universities.

According to the GWPF, questions have been raised about the reliability of temperature data and the extent to which recordings may have been adjusted after they were collected.

The group claims the inquiry will “review the technical challenges in accurately measuring surface temperature, and will assess the extent of adjustments to the data, their integrity and whether they tend to increase or decrease the warming trend”.

On launching the inquiry Professor Kealey said: “Many people have found the extent of adjustments to the data surprising. While we believe that the 20th century warming is real, we are concerned by claims that the actual trend is different from – or less certain than – has been suggested.

Bob Ward, policy and research director at the Grantham Institute of climate change and the environment, told The Independent: “I think this is a very obvious attempt to create a fake controversy over the global temperature record ahead of the [UN Climate Change] Paris summit."

The only purpose of this review is to cast doubt on the science. It is a political move, not a serious scientific one.

The GWPF has previously been subject to complaints that it has misled the public over climate change and used factually inaccurate material “as part of its campaign against climate policies in the UK and overseas”.

Former chancellor, Lord Lawson, set up the GWPF in 2009. His book on the subject of climate change, titled An Appeal to Reason: A Cool Look at Global Warming, was labelled “misleading” by Sir John Houghton, a former co-chair of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).

While Bob Watson, another former head of the IPCC, said that Lord Lawson did not understand “the current scientific and economic debate”.

This should make you happy:

Claim Climate Change will make Californian Marijuana more potent Watts Up With That

The Independent
BEN TUFFT
Sunday 26 April 2015

This should make you happy:
Claim Climate Change will make Californian Marijuana more potent Watts Up With That

And the Klod posts more irrelevant off-topic nonsense from a denier cult blog......as usual....

Do you really think your crybaby act here is anything new? Most deniers try it. They make some crazy unsupported claim and then get all butthurt when called on it.

Your specific claim is that scientists commonly and deliberately placed thermometers in parking lots to raise the temperature. So, support that claim. With sources. And not just a random photo. Show the collections of actual station data reading hot. After all, you say that's what's happening, so there must be data somewhere.

I can, of course, show your claim is a fable. I can show the few "bad" stations did not read hot, as they were corrected for the UHI effect. But for now, I'm having too much fun making you squirm with the horrible, unreasonable request that you back up your bullshit claims. So what lame excuse are you going to come up with to justify not supporting your conspiracy theory?

U.S. Agencies Accused of Fudging Data to Show Global Warming

Breaking New Climate Data Rigging Scandal Rocks US Government Principia Scientific Intl

Do you really think your crybaby act here is anything new? Most deniers try it. They make some crazy unsupported claim and then get all butthurt when called on it.

Your specific claim is that scientists commonly and deliberately placed thermometers in parking lots to raise the temperature. So, support that claim. With sources. And not just a random photo. Show the collections of actual station data reading hot. After all, you say that's what's happening, so there must be data somewhere.

I can, of course, show your claim is a fable. I can show the few "bad" stations did not read hot, as they were corrected for the UHI effect. But for now, I'm having too much fun making you squirm with the horrible, unreasonable request that you back up your bullshit claims. So what lame excuse are you going to come up with to justify not supporting your conspiracy theory?

NOAA/GISS intentionally violate their own policies as to station placement and upkeep. Your position is so indefensible it is laughable. The facts are easily found and displayed..

Home

Worse still is the paper which has been published and peer reviewed shows BEST's assumption of "no bias" to be baseless and in fact a contrived lie to forward their own agenda.

Snagletooth fails again..

The Independent
BEN TUFFT
Sunday 26 April 2015

:dig:

Ben Tuffet? Really? You used this left wing radical bull shit alarmist as a source? Of Course he does fit right in with your trollish beliefs, name calling, unscientific drivel and your cult like worship of CO2..

Breaking New Climate Data Rigging Scandal Rocks US Government Principia Scientific Intl
Why don't you just post from the Weekly World. Same credibility level.

Why don't you just post from the Weekly World. Same credibility level.

How so? I posted two articles from two different sources. Which source do you have an issue with and why? Did you read them? If so, you should be able to tell me which parts of the article you are in disagreement with.

The Independent
BEN TUFFT
Sunday 26 April 2015

:dig:

Ben Tuffet? Really? You used this left wing radical bull shit alarmist as a source? Of Course he does fit right in with your trollish beliefs, name calling, unscientific drivel and your cult like worship of CO2..

Really, if anything, it seems as if the global warming alarmists are the ones who belong to a cult. And an angry cult at that. Don't you dare question global warming! :nono:

Forum List

Back