2014 battle for control of the US Senate

the TPs will not control the caucus after January thank God: they have had to many loses and will have no more than 11 seats in the house

JB is safe and there will be no impeachment; the Senate Republican leadership have told the GOP House leadership they will listen to the indictment and then acquit BHO.

11 seats in the house??? Try 70+

You had 70 in 2011, 35 in 2013, and will have 11 in 2015.

Mike Lee for instance cozied with TeaPs in the past but now is being nice to Dems in Utah because of his vulnerability in 2016.

:lol: Mike Lee has no vulnerability to any Democrat in Utah.

The GOP might decide to revoke the filibuster entirely if it has 51 seats. I strongly suspect that will be the case so as to turn up the heat on Obama and force him to veto their bills ahead of the 2016 elections.

I really doubt it. That's an extremely bold move when 2016 is right around the corner. Not saying they know they'll lose, just they wouldn't want to take the chance.

We are not talking about the sane reasonable choice here. The HoR is now run by the extremists. If the Senate has a Republican majority it will be Ted Cruz who will be calling the shots in my opinion.

Yeah, right, as if McConnell will let Cruz anywhere near any kind of leadership role.

If the far right creepies did not have the blue button, stat, they would freak.:beer:

@JakeStarkey - It could be that blue is the new red!!! Cuz, cuz, cuz, well, BENGHAZI!

:lol:

Now, back to the OP: I will be posting the first week dump on Sunday. Poll-dump, I mean, just to clear up any misunderstandings.

Taylor (D) just withdrew from the Kansas Senate race....

Hmmmm, well as I wrote in the addendum post, surprises usually start to happen about now. It's all part and parcel of US-American politics. So, now we have two shake ups. If a unity ticket unseats the GOP governor in Alaska and Mark Begich holds onto his seat (which I see as very, very likely) and with Hillary Clinton as the DEM nominee in 2016, then for the first time since 1968, we may see an election night where it could take hours to call Alaska for one presidential candidate or another.

But in Kansas, if Independent Orman now wins, he may or may not caucus with the Democrats. Still, losing a seat there would be a shock for the GOP.

Last edited:
the TPs will not control the caucus after January thank God: they have had to many loses and will have no more than 11 seats in the house

JB is safe and there will be no impeachment; the Senate Republican leadership have told the GOP House leadership they will listen to the indictment and then acquit BHO.

Mike Lee for instance cozied with TeaPs in the past but now is being nice to Dems in Utah because of his vulnerability in 2016.

Indeed. A cardboard poster with an R after it's name would win in Utah.

The GOP might decide to revoke the filibuster entirely if it has 51 seats. I strongly suspect that will be the case so as to turn up the heat on Obama and force him to veto their bills ahead of the 2016 elections.

I really doubt it. That's an extremely bold move when 2016 is right around the corner. Not saying they know they'll lose, just they wouldn't want to take the chance.

We are not talking about the sane reasonable choice here. The HoR is now run by the extremists. If the Senate has a Republican majority it will be Ted Cruz who will be calling the shots in my opinion.

Yeah, right, as if McConnell will let Cruz anywhere near any kind of leadership role.

This of course predicates that Mitch McConnell survives his re-election campaign.

But he is vulnerable to a primary challenge in the party. The nominating system has changed.

Last edited:

But he is vulnerable to a primary challenge in the party. The nominating system has changed.

Yes,. agree. However, considering the MASSIVE VR edge R vs.D in Utah, it's very strong tilt to the Right and it's very long (R) electoral history, I submit that he is not as vulnerable as people may think.

Don't put it past democrats to throw both the 2014 and 2016 elections. It would be to their best interests to lose both.

We are rapidly approaching an unavoidable conflict with radical islam. How better to blame the coming conflict on republicans but to put them in charge on the eve of such war?

That could certainly be possible, but it would be a rather bold move. Lee was nominated because people in the state felt Bennett was not conservative enough.

Americans will not work for $12 an hour in the fields anymore.

They will if you take their welfare check away.

You are a true patriot and clearly proud of your fellow Americans.

What do you have against people having to work for a living? Are you one of the people collecting the welfare checks?

Answer the question in my signature, please. Then we can have an honest discussion about welfare and your arrogance.

Thanks.

That assumes that McConnell will still be around to stop Cruz.

Forum List

Back