2013: I am glad you are gone.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
In just about every aspect of my life, 2013 was a lousy year. In fact, it was the worst year for me so far.
It was the year we decided to close the business. A business that was started in a garage in 1967, and grew to become a multi-$million 4 state regional player. A business, like so many others, that stood the test of time. That lasted through the terrible recession of the early 1970's, survived the recession of 1980, then the early 1990's. In fact, it not only survived but plowed right through them. But what it could not survive is the continual consolidation and corporate super takeover of the entire industry. The business did very well, flourished in a free market system. But it could not survive the sudo free markets we have today.
It was the year our last child left home to attend college, which is a good thing...but damn this house is quiet sometimes.
I had two operations, and also found out I have RA in my knees and shoulders.
At the same time it was another year that I saw the continuance of a dying system. The dramatic declines in small businesses in favor of unprecedented growth and profits for corporations. Another record year for Wall Street, another suck-ass year for the rest of us.
2014?...I have little faith. I can hope, and search for a way to make my way in some industry that is still free. But I don't think I will find it, in the end - I will likely end up taking a job offered for one of the corporations that I despise.

Happy New Year...:D

I am glad that year is over with, too. Yuck! Ring in some good news for America, please...:woohoo:

Happy New Year...:D

I am glad that year is over with, too. Yuck! Ring in some good news for America, please...:woohoo:

Aye...it is a looooooooooooooooooong shot to hope for any good news for the rest of us.
In the meantime, the wealthy class and corporate elite will surely have another record breaking banner year.
It is good to be king.

1b9d0607ba561fb45629a1388ce3dfc6.png

Yeah, it was a very crappy year for me, too. Every time I would regroup from some bad news, something else would slap me in the face. I've always admired really tough people, so that's what keeps me going. Trying to be a really tough person, so at least I can like myself a little bit.

I've found if I get through one problem and allow myself to get in a better mood, I get hit with something else. I feel like some malevolent force is after me. It's saying, "Oh, you're getting happy, huh? Optimistic, huh? Well try some of this shit and see how happy you are!" To protect myself I just remain unhappy. That way, maybe this evil entity will go look for some happy person to fuck with and leave me alone.

Forum List

Back