2012 Vice Presidential Debate Thread

If that was the best Biden could do as a 'spanking', God help us if he was ever President.

I imagine there will be some wonky news type who will continue to harp on this line or that line, but anybody who isn't focusing on the'gotcha' lines on either side will carry away one final impression:

A vice president who was grinning and sneering and guffawing and interrupting others 82 times during discussions of four Amermican consulate people dead and more than two dozen others injured and tax policy and entitlement reform. And they may also possibly take away an image of an opponent who was courteous, serious, and astonished when his opponent behaved that way.

And I think the Obama camp planned and designed and coached it exactly that way to ensure that Ryan would have no chance to get an effective message out while depending on their own constituency to defend or forgive Biden as they always do.
I don,t think they wanted biden to go that far. For me he was just over the top which as a liberal i was disspointed to see. he could have really nailed ryan but instead let him off the hook with over the top behavior . media could then focus on biden behavior then on what was said.

so if your romney and ryan your feeing very happy about things.

Do you own homework, Jake, just like I did, it's not that hard. It's there, you just need to Google it.
like i said both sides lie. it a shame but sadly nature of modern politics.

I don,t think they wanted biden to go that far. For me he was just over the top which as a liberal i was disspointed to see. he could have really nailed ryan but instead let him off the hook with over the top behavior . media could then focus on biden behavior then on what was said.

I think they told Biden to do whatever he had to do to make sure Ryan didn't have a chance to say anything or to make sure what Ryan did say was covered up, deflected, and buried under the shenanigans Biden was pulling. You see the trolls on USMB behaving the very same way. They have nothing to add to the discussion or have no intention of engaging in one, but they show up on threads to throw out one liners, the same assiigned snarky talking points they all use so you know its orchestrated, or use insults or unrelated questions or whatever they have to do to make sure no meaningful discussion happens. And I think a whole bunch of them are instructed, possibly paid, to behave exactly that way because enough will take the bait to effectively shut down the discussion.

Ryan didn't take the bait, but it did throw him off his game and sufficiently to make sure nothing really memorable would come from his side. And all we really remember of Biden is a grade a rude, condescending, disrespectful jerk, but I'll give him credit for mission accomplished in being that.
biden went to far in the end with over top attacks. shame as if he kept his cool could have won the debate.]

so conservatives on here should be happy as they still got big mo on their side towards winning this election.

which is pretty depressing really from my viewpoint.

You don't live here, our president hasn't earned a second term.

well thats you view and i respect as someone not from america that it affect you more then me what happens in this election.

look i perfer more progressive leaders but if obama in 25 days time then i will say well done to romney on his win and wish him best of luck as president of united states of america. A succesful america is good for the world .

Then it is your opinion, without value, as usual.

If that was the best Biden could do as a 'spanking', God help us if he was ever President.

I imagine there will be some wonky news type who will continue to harp on this line or that line, but anybody who isn't focusing on the'gotcha' lines on either side will carry away one final impression:

A vice president who was grinning and sneering and guffawing and interrupting others 82 times during discussions of four Amermican consulate people dead and more than two dozen others injured and tax policy and entitlement reform. And they may also possibly take away an image of an opponent who was courteous, serious, and astonished when his opponent behaved that way.

And I think the Obama camp planned and designed and coached it exactly that way to ensure that Ryan would have no chance to get an effective message out while depending on their own constituency to defend or forgive Biden as they always do.

Do you own homework, Jake, just like I did, it's not that hard. It's there, you just need to Google it.

I wonder what our Republican friends would be saying if the roles had been reversed in the vice presidential debate, and it had been Ryan who was accusing Biden of lying, laughing whenever he felt Biden was lying, interrupting Biden, showing contempt for his viewpoints, etc. I think I know what they would be saying. It would go something like this:

Listen - Ryan won that debate hands down. Biden was a wuss, who couldn't stand up for himself or his own party. What you Dems need to do is stop whining - your man got his ass handed to him.

What are we hearing from our Republican friends in the wake of the vice presidential debate? Faux outrage.

Fucking hypocrites.

very true. i think they would had a go at biden whatever happens. same be case with obama on tuesday.

but i still think joe could have eased up on the interuptions . gave ryan a escape route from his budget on medicare as he could say he was being talked over.

not sure it was part of politics back in 1940. put my house it was more civil back then

No, it's not my opinion, it was from my homework on it, Jake.
Just don't blow it off because your too lazy to look for yourself, it's there and it's not my opinion.

I wonder what our Republican friends would be saying if the roles had been reversed in the vice presidential debate, and it had been Ryan who was accusing Biden of lying, laughing whenever he felt Biden was lying, interrupting Biden, showing contempt for his viewpoints, etc. I think I know what they would be saying. It would go something like this:

Listen - Ryan won that debate hands down. Biden was a wuss, who couldn't stand up for himself or his own party. What you Dems need to do is stop whining - your man got his ass handed to him.

What are we hearing from our Republican friends in the wake of the vice presidential debate? Faux outrage.

Fucking hypocrites.

For some reason I have this feeling you're drunk and unable to have a discussion

Another response unbecoming of a Romney supporter.

Fucking hypocrites.

wrong, pathetic loser. Had the roles been reversed, I'd be saying 'WTF is Ryan doing? What's with that dumb ass grin?"

You FAIL

Fucking hypocrites.

That was a pretty scitzoid post.

Ryan didn't act like a jerk, he was polite. Romney didn't act like a jerk ether. Obama tried to do what Biden accomplished, practically filibuster the debate, but Romney cut him off and didn't allow it. Ryan should have told him to shut up but he didn't. What you're hearing from us is our collective disgust with Biden's tactics...especially after seeing it a second time. It was reprehensible. And that moderator..........we knew she was going to do what she did. We expected it.

If more Americans weren't offended than were offended by Biden's behavior then this country is heading down a dark path I seriously want nothing to do with.

Fucking hypocrites.

For some reason I have this feeling you're drunk and unable to have a discussion

I disagree. I think George is asking a 100% fair and valid question, though of course he put a bit of his own personal leftwing spin on it. :)

But what if it had been reversed? Biden was the civil, polite, dignified one and Ryan was smirking and grinning and guffawing and interrupting Biden 82 times? What would those of us who are already or are considering supporting the Romney/Ryan ticket think about that? What would we say?

And I can say with all honesty that I would NOT defend Ryan in that situation. I would be furious. And our local GOP headquarters, our representatives, and whoever I could reach in the campaign would be hearing about it in probably less than ladylike language. There is absolutely no excuse for that kind of behavior, most especially on subjects that need the focus and best efforts of a true statesman. And frankly, I find it pretty alarming that so many leftists, even on USMB are defending it or shrugging it off.

And if they are honest, they KNOW how they would be harpooning and trashing Ryan over his improper behavior today.

Last edited:
One TV pundit just made a great point. During the 08 primaries, Biden constantly won debates against Obama/Clinton but then he only got one percent of the vote. So, apparently Biden is nothing but a show stopper.

Fucking hypocrites.

I disagree. I think George is asking a 100% fair and valid question, though of course he put a bit of his own personal leftwing spin on it. :)

But what if it had been reversed? Biden was the civil, polite, dignified one and Ryan was smirking and grinning and guffawing and interrupting Biden 82 times? What would those of us who are already or are considering supporting the Romney/Ryan ticket think about that? What would we say?

And I can say with all honesty that I would NOT defend Ryan in that situation. I would be furious. And our local GOP headquarters, our representatives, and whoever I could reach in the campaign would be hearing about it in probably less than ladylike language. There is absolutely no excuse for that kind of behavior, most especially on subjects that need the focus and best efforts of a true statesman. And frankly, I find it pretty alarming that so many leftists, even on USMB are defending it or shrugging it off.

And if they are honest, they KNOW how they would be harpooning and trashing Ryan over his improper behavior today.

You do? I find most 'leftists' to just be face value leftists who have chosen a side. It's not about standards to any degree.

I'm listening to Dick Cheney right now......he says that's the Joe Biden he knows.

He says he can't understand why Obama picked him because he's not the type of person that should be next in line to the Oval Office. He said you need someone who's cool under fire and that is not Joe Biden.

A good President does not show his emotions like that for 90 mins.

to be fair dick cheney was not most friendly in that 2004 debate with edwards. he was not that polite if i recall. but your right biden went to far in attacking ryan at times. let ryan get away with it because of that.

to be though i think he be good vice president though i doubt we agree on that.

Forum List

Back