20 State Attorneys General Say HR 1 is Unconstitutional

This absolutely amateurish grandstanding legislation was doomed from the start. Either House Democrats are ignorant of the Constitution of the United States, or they are just plain dumb. Well, they have wanted to ignore Constitution since Pelosi has been a leader in the Party.
I noticed you didn't point out the unconstitutional law nor how it was unconstitutional.

I noticed you're defending this BS meaning you're still in bed with the Demonicrats.
I noticed your total lack of substance on the issue.

Sure sounds neat, see my signature.

This absolutely amateurish grandstanding legislation was doomed from the start. Either House Democrats are ignorant of the Constitution of the United States, or they are just plain dumb. Well, they have wanted to ignore Constitution since Pelosi has been a leader in the Party.

Maybe you should read the Constitution. The Constitutiobn gives Congress power to regulate federal elections. There is actually nothing controversial about it. I have no doubt that Americans strongly support it.

I noticed you didn't point out the unconstitutional law nor how it was unconstitutional.
Article I allows the states the right to hold their own elections and control elections in their states. Just for starters.

Article I, Section 4, Clause 1:

The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing Senators.

Congress does have power to regulate federal elections.

It IS unconstitutional! Manifestly. The rules for each state election MUST be made by that state's legislature. For the Congress to usurp that function is patently unconstitutional.

The Democrats - in this as in many things - rely on one major shortcoming in the Federal court system: The Supreme Court cannot simply issue an advisory opinion on the Constitutionality of a law. In order for the law to "become" unconstitutional it is necessary for a Plaintiff with legal standing to file a complaint in Federal District Court, lose the case there and appeal it to the Circuit Court of Appeals, lose there, and go to the Supreme Court. It is quite likely that by the time the Supreme Court even SEES the case, it will be 2024.

Leftists are evil.

You fascist pigs want to turn this into a dictatorship by making it harder to vote.

Congress definitely has the power to regulate federal elections.

Article I allows the states the right to hold their own elections and control elections in their states. Just for starters.
That is untrue according to article 1 section 4 of the Constitution.

"The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations" (Article I, section 4)
Think again. Congress can have a say in "who" has a right to vote, but not "how" states run elections. Election integrity is essential to a democracy and liberal's need to stop playing the phony race card. Nobody is disenfranchised from voting in the United States in 21st Century. If you are too fucking lazy to go get an ID over a two year time span, and during that same two years you go to the grocery store, the bank, the gas station...but you can't show up in person and early vote...fuck you.

Fuck you asshole. Some people do not have access to transportation. Or they make work during the hours the election office is open. If you want voter id then you should have the ability to go to someone who needs a ID. Arizona has mobile voting vans.

That is untrue according to article 1 section 4 of the Constitution.

"The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations" (Article I, section 4)
Think again. Congress can have a say in "who" has a right to vote, but not "how" states run elections. Election integrity is essential to a democracy and liberal's need to stop playing the phony race card. Nobody is disenfranchised from voting in the United States in 21st Century. If you are too fucking lazy to go get an ID over a two year time span, and during that same two years you go to the grocery store, the bank, the gas station...but you can't show up in person and early vote...fuck you.

Fuck you asshole. Some people do not have access to transportation. Or they make work during the hours the election office is open. If you want voter id then you should have the ability to go to someone who needs a ID. Arizona has mobile voting vans.
That's cool.

It IS unconstitutional! Manifestly. The rules for each state election MUST be made by that state's legislature. For the Congress to usurp that function is patently unconstitutional.

The Democrats - in this as in many things - rely on one major shortcoming in the Federal court system: The Supreme Court cannot simply issue an advisory opinion on the Constitutionality of a law. In order for the law to "become" unconstitutional it is necessary for a Plaintiff with legal standing to file a complaint in Federal District Court, lose the case there and appeal it to the Circuit Court of Appeals, lose there, and go to the Supreme Court. It is quite likely that by the time the Supreme Court even SEES the case, it will be 2024.

Leftists are evil.
States must comply with 14th and 15th amendments.
The voting rights act of '65 were to ensure the constitutional voting rights are followed in the states.
Restricting voting rights to millions of voters is what's unconstitutional.

Article I, Section 4, Clause 1: The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing Senators.
What does either one have to do with simple task of obtaining an ID? Showing it when you have a fucking month to early vote? It's called "ELECTION INTEGRITY!"
ID requirements have extensive history of being used to discriminate against minorities.
Such as a year ago in north carolina, when judge Biggs shot it down due to racial discrimination.

HR1 says that if a state has a requirement for an individual to present an ID to cast a ballot, the state shall permit the individual to present to election officials a sworn written statement under penalty of perjury attesting to the individual’s identity and that they are eligible to vote.

see the fact check on HR1.
ID laws are not discriminatory. They have two years to get one and during that same two years they drag their sorry ass to the grocery store to spend food stamps.

If they locked up innocent Japanese Americans during WW2, and were not stopped by the media or the GOP, they are capable of pretty much anything.

And even today, FDR is said to be one of the greatest Presidents of all time, even though they acknowledge that action as not Constitutional and purely racist.

They are mentally deficient.
I think the sneak attack on Pearl Harbor had something to do with it. Japanese Americans were asked if they wanted to go back to Japan and thousands did. Plus there were Jap spies all up and down the west coast.

Leftists are evil.
The voting rights act of '65 were to ensure the constitutional voting rights are followed in the states.

Article I, Section 4, Clause 1: The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing Senators.
What does either one have to do with simple task of obtaining an ID? Showing it when you have a fucking month to early vote? It's called "ELECTION INTEGRITY!"
ID requirements have extensive history of being used to discriminate against minorities.
Such as a year ago in north carolina, when judge Biggs shot it down due to racial discrimination.

HR1 says that if a state has a requirement for an individual to present an ID to cast a ballot, the state shall permit the individual to present to election officials a sworn written statement under penalty of perjury attesting to the individual’s identity and that they are eligible to vote.

Stop playing the race card. Weak argument.

Leftists are evil.

ID laws are not discriminatory. They have two years to get one and during that same two years they drag their sorry ass to the grocery store to spend food stamps.
There is no such animal called "food stamps".

Leftists are evil.

its not the race card, its objectively true

They're all nationalist, authoritarian Trumpublicans who root for the nearly 300 voter suppression laws now going on in 43 states which will return us to Jim Crow.
So what a bigly surprise! :lol:

Leftists are evil.

its not the race card, its objectively true

You are avoiding the link I gave you showing the CURRENT voter ID laws, they are easy to use when voting. Your link is LYING to you, why are you ignoring the actual laws of each state?

From post 36 you ignored is the link to ballotpedia.

I posted the voter ID law for North Carolina showing how easy it is, you need to stop parading the lies.

"Twenty Republican state attorneys general" Enough said. They want to keep trying to rig elections in favor of Repubs. Imagine my surprise.

Forum List

Back