20% Of Democrats Agree They May Have To Take Up Arms Against The Government

Independentthinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
I'm tired of hearing about Republicans attacking our democracy and wanting to take democracy away, implying that Democrats wouldn't do the very same thing if voting didn't go their way. It's likely Republicans will take back the House after the 2022 elections and, even if they don't get the Senate, they have a great shot at taking over that as well in 2024. Add to that mix that Trump actually leads Biden in a hypothetical match up in 2024 and the Supreme Court already has a 6-3 Conservative majority. So, what would democrats do if by 2024 Republicans took over the presidency (with Trump nonetheless), owned both the House and the Senate, and retained their Supreme Court majority? From this survey, we know that at least 20% of Democrats would feel it necessary to take up arms against the government, meaning they feel an insurrection would be just fine.

Twenty-eight percent of all voters, including 37 percent of gun owners, agreed “it may be necessary at some point soon for citizens to take up arms against the government,” a view held by around 35 percent of Republicans and around 35 percent of Independents. One in five Democrats concurred.

I'm tired of hearing about Republicans attacking our democracy and wanting to take democracy away, implying that Democrats wouldn't do the very same thing if voting didn't go their way. It's likely Republicans will take back the House after the 2022 elections and, even if they don't get the Senate, they have a great shot at taking over that as well in 2024. Add to that mix that Trump actually leads Biden in a hypothetical match up in 2024 and the Supreme Court already has a 6-3 Conservative majority. So, what would democrats do if by 2024 Republicans took over the presidency (with Trump nonetheless), owned both the House and the Senate, and retained their Supreme Court majority? From this survey, we know that at least 20% of Democrats would feel it necessary to take up arms against the government.

Twenty-eight percent of all voters, including 37 percent of gun owners, agreed “it may be necessary at some point soon for citizens to take up arms against the government,” a view held by around 35 percent of Republicans and around 35 percent of Independents. One in five Democrats concurred.

Civil War is on the horizon, so which beach in the Philippines will you be one to watch this shit show?

I'm tired of hearing about Republicans attacking our democracy and wanting to take democracy away, implying that Democrats wouldn't do the very same thing if voting didn't go their way. It's likely Republicans will take back the House after the 2022 elections and, even if they don't get the Senate, they have a great shot at taking over that as well in 2024. Add to that mix that Trump actually leads Biden in a hypothetical match up in 2024 and the Supreme Court already has a 6-3 Conservative majority. So, what would democrats do if by 2024 Republicans took over the presidency (with Trump nonetheless), owned both the House and the Senate, and retained their Supreme Court majority? From this survey, we know that at least 20% of Democrats would feel it necessary to take up arms against the government, meaning they feel an insurrection would be just fine.

Seriously? :auiqs.jpg:
"Group poll was conducted May 19 to May 23 among 1,000 registered voters. The margin of error is plus or minus 3.53 percentage points".

So by my admittedly hasty math, this amounts to less than 30 Democrats. :)

Democrats run the government.

Do you know how stupid it sounds claiming Democrats believe they will have to take up arms against DEMOCRATS?!

Then again we are talking about 20% of the Democrat Party, which covers the insane / Marxist fringe who hijacked the Democrat Party.

If it ever gets to the point where 20% of Americans think it is necessary to take up arms to restore the Constitution then you can be assured that great number of active military will do the same.

That is the reason Potatohead is trying to purge the military of Patriots and replace them with queers, transsexual and worthless dumbass affirmative action minorities.

Until donald trump took office, notwithstanding criminals, the US was civilized. Then when the Republican Party nominated trump, even when he showed he was a bully and lacked diplomacy, a lesser number of all the votes counted, elected him (even though 7 million more voters voted for HRC).

It's A-Holes like you who never saw the Elephant. Be advised, the majority of the members of our armed forces will put those who seek another insurrection into their grave, or in a Federal Prison for Life.

Now to keep the thread alive, let's hope Bannon has another felony indictment and it too has a life sentence.

Until donald trump took office, notwithstanding criminals, the US was civilized. Then when the Republican Party nominated trump, even when he showed he was a bully and lacked diplomacy, a lesser number of all the votes counted, elected him (even though 7 million more voters voted for HRC).

It's A-Holes like you who never saw the Elephant. Be advised, the majority of the members of our armed forces will put those who seek another insurrection into their grave, or in a Federal Prison for Life.

Now to keep the thread alive, let's hope Bannon has another felony indictment and it too has a life sentence.
What was uncivilized is democrats' response to Trump being elected and it has continued ever since. They are full of hate and racism.

You leftists sure do like having other people do your work for you. If there's a revolution, pansies like you will have a dental appointment that day.

You leftists sure do like having other people do your work for you. If there's a revolution, pansies like you will have a dental appointment that day.
I bet you won't see leftist Ivy Leaguers on the front lines......They will be scheming among themselves how to get on the good side of whoever wins.

I suspect if there was a simple purge of leftist Ivy Leaguers and a like purge in the institutions from which they hail our country would be right as rain in no time.

Remember, kids, Democrats insist AR-15s will be useless against the military, and unarmed protesters almost took over the government on Jan 6.
On J6 the party was over as soon as the SWAT teams arrived.
The government was never in any real danger from these goobers.

1658709333385.png

My money's on the US military.
The military or some of it may side with the insurrectionists.

I hope our nation doesn’t break apart but what concerns me is that now we seem to have different rules of law that apply to liberals and conservatives. That type of unfairness can lead to breakups.

spoken like a true left wing authoritarian dirtbag.

spoken like a true left wing authoritarian dirtbag.
LOL, first of all I'm opposed to authoritarianism and as to calling me a "dirtbag" is an example of an ad hominem and not an intelligent response to my post. Secondly, anyone who continues to support trump is an idiot, anti democracy in America and a far right winger. And yet they claim to be a patriot, that's absurd.

I bet you won't see leftist Ivy Leaguers on the front lines......They will be scheming among themselves how to get on the good side of whoever wins.

I suspect if there was a simple purge of leftist Ivy Leaguers and a like purge in the institutions from which they hail our country would be right as rain in no time.
Leftist academics have almost zero connection to reality.

Forum List

Back