2 Toronto police officers in 'Neptune Four' case found guilty of misconduct nearly a decade later

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
10 Years later they are found guilty. 10 YEARS LATER!

TPS, OPP, RCMP are not an ally to Canada or the world. They represent a national security threat as they are unaccountable and the most dishonest. Until we fix this, we will continue to slide.

Nearly 10 years after four Black teens were accosted by police on their way to a neighbourhood mentorship program in Toronto, two of the officers involved have been found guilty of misconduct.

In a Toronto Police professional misconduct hearing decision released Friday, Const. Sharnil Pais and Const. Adam Lourenco were found guilty of unlawful arrest. Lourenco was also found guilty of one count of discreditable conduct.

The charges stem from the arrest of three 15-year-olds and a 16-year-old on Neptune Drive in the Lawrence Heights neighbourhood in November 2011. Lourenco and Pais drove up in an unmarked van, stopped the teens and asked them for identification — a practice known as "carding," which is now banned in many situations.

In an interview with CBC News in 2016, one of the complainants said he asked the officers if he and his friends were under arrest.

The answer was no and the teen proceeded to try to leave.

"That's when Officer Lourenco decided to single me out and physically attacked me. He grabbed me. Then isolated me. He swore at me and said a lot of provocative things to try to aggravate me and I didn't respond," the complainant said.

Ok so nobody was killed and the cop basically fussed at him.

Yawn.

Maybe my give a damn broke this morning.

Ok so nobody was killed and the cop basically fussed at him.

Yawn.

Maybe my give a damn broke this morning.

You'd give a damn if it was systemic in your country. There are always going to be bad police and good police, when bad police are suspended for 10 years with pay, it says something about our Justice System.

What these guys did is nothing, but it illustrates a system that harks back to our Monarchical roots. There have been police who literally killed people, were charged, and remained cops for years with full pay under suspension. They had their legal fees paid, they were fully paid during the Appeal, the whole nine.

If anyone in the public faced these charges they would be held in prison. We can't have a two tier system, it's a major reason why we are getting crushed economically, and our global influence has disappeaed.

Forum List

Back