1967 Ruger 10-22

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I found this 1967 Ruger 10-22 today for $150.00. It was very lightly used for a 56 year old .22 plinker.

I was happy to find a all-metal/black walnut stocked early example for a decent price.....MSRP back then was around $60.00 which is like $553.00 today......Just goes to show how badly our dollar's buying power has declined.

d 002 (2).JPG

I thought it "worthy enough" to top it with a '83 4X Leupold Rimfire Special scope I found at the local flea market last month. It's proportioned well to the carbine.

It's a bit odd as the serial number has a D prefix meaning it's a duplicate serial number....Seems like they had that happen a lot that year for some reason....There's a small premium attached to such "D" guns.

I found this 1967 Ruger 10-22 today for $150.00. It was very lightly used for a 56 year old .22 plinker.

I was happy to find a all-metal/black walnut stocked early example for a decent price.....MSRP back then was around $60.00 which is like $553.00 today......Just goes to show how badly our dollar's buying power has declined.

View attachment 852673

I thought it "worthy enough" to top it with a '83 4X Leupold Rimfire Special scope I found at the local flea market last month. It's proportioned well to the carbine.

It's a bit odd as the serial number has a D prefix meaning it's a duplicate serial number....Seems like they had that happen a lot that year for some reason....There's a small premium attached to such "D" guns.
/——/ I’ve picked target shooting after setting it aside around 1970. I live in the people’s republic of NY where any long rifle and ammo requires a background check. This is an older Marlin 22 lever action that came with a Bushnell 1.5 to 2.5 scope and strap $699. I can go to the town range for $4 an hour with the senior discount. I got hosed for 1,000 rounds of ammo because of the restrictions by the state. It felt good to start shooting again. The gun store threw in some free instructions. I’ll post the targets later on.

IMG_5302.jpeg

IMG_5303.jpeg

IMG_5306.jpeg

View attachment 852673

Did you get---or will it accept the 110 round barrel magazine?

View attachment 852673

Great little gun. I've got one with the 'Sporter' checkered stocked, also topped with a Leopold rimfire scope. Super accurate right out of the box.

.22 on case.JPG

T
/——/ I’ve picked target shooting after setting it aside around 1970. I live in the people’s republic of NY where any long rifle and ammo requires a background check. This is an older Marlin 22 lever action that came with a Bushnell 1.5 to 2.5 scope and strap $699. I can go to the town range for $4 an hour with the senior discount. I got hosed for 1,000 rounds of ammo because of the restrictions by the state. It felt good to start shooting again. The gun store threw in some free instructions. I’ll post the targets later on.

View attachment 852699

View attachment 852700

View attachment 852701
These days that's a very good price for that lever action....I have one like that one but it's a bit older by maybe a decade (I can tell by the style of the front sight hood) and also a shorter version of same called a Mountie. Both are dead-balls accurate.

Great little gun. I've got one with the 'Sporter' checkered stocked, also topped with a Leopold rimfire scope. Super accurate right out of the box.

View attachment 852704
Actually that is my preferred stock style for the 10-22. I have a couple stocked that way. I always loved the older walnut International full length stocks but I had accuracy issues with them.

The '64-'71 black walnut stocks were made by Overton....The same company that made stocks for GI M1 Carbines.

T

These days that's a very good price for that lever action....I have one like that one but it's a bit older by maybe a decade (I can tell by the style of the front sight hood) and also a shorter version of same called a Mountie. Both are dead-balls accurate.
/---/ I'm working on adjusting the sights at 20 yards. The instructor was very good and actually gave me some extra time.

T

/——/ The targets are from 10 yards and 18 yards. The instructor was helping me zero in the sights. 18 yards

IMG_5322.jpeg

10 yards
IMG_5320.jpeg

I believe the 10/22 was introduced in 65 or 66 ( I have an early 10/22 International with original period Clear plastic Rotary Mag ) one of my bucket list Firearms is a 1949 Ruger Standard Pre Production Sales example Pistol

I decided to give a nod to a more friendly/modern scope mounting base.

001-2-jpg.435130

The 2-slot Weaver base was just not cutting it with the ring spacing. I used a base I had on-hand and switched them out. The slightly increased height over the Weaver base also allowed me to use low rings....Now it's just where I like it height-wise.

I also found that a old Bikini scope cover made for the older/long red-dots worked perfectly for the little Leupold RF Special.

/---/ Not sure what you mean. I was resting both elbows on the tabletop.
Anything object, such as the tabletop, that helps to support and steady the weapon, even certain leg positions, is 'supported' shooting. Offhand is shooting with no support other than arms, hands, face, and shoulder.

/---/ Not sure what you mean. I was resting both elbows on the tabletop.
Anything object, such as the tabletop, that helps to support and steady the weapon, even certain leg positions, is 'supported' shooting. Offhand is shooting with no support other than arms, hands, face, shoulder, and sling if used.

Anything object, such as the tabletop, that helps to support and steady the weapon, even certain leg positions, is 'supported' shooting. Offhand is shooting with no support other than arms, hands, face, and shoulder.
/——/ I was following the instructor’s instructions. He told me how to stand, hold the rifle, place my trigger finger etc.

A banned in the USA .22 Rifle. I guess it is because of the open bolt. But it is a nice rifle I would like to own.

I don't know if that is banned or not. The Voere 2005 came in both semi and full auto variations. The FA version is regulated by the NFA, but the semi is not.

Forum List

Back