1960s & 1970s revolutions in music

CrusaderFrank
CrusaderFrank
Keith Relf electrocuted himself so we need to outlaw electricity
hey fool.

playing with guns is nut. safety first you fool

btw, how's those anal warts of yours going? ever get them taken care of -- by a medical professional, not your boyfriends

He pointed the gun at his own head. How is that the fault of the gun?
Frank, I see you still haven't fully recovered from that stroke. It's okay. Saw it in family members.

You missed the part where Dante mentioned 'playing' with guns was stupid. btw, did you really have a stroke or were you being stupid and playing with...

Oh shit!

Psychedelic rock
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Psychedelic rock is a style of rock music that is inspired or influenced by psychedelic culture and attempts to replicate and enhance the mind-altering experiences of psychedelic drugs. It often uses new recording techniques and effects and sometimes draws on sources such as the ragas and drones of Indian music.

It was pioneered by musicians including the Beatles, the Beach Boys, the Byrds, and the Yardbirds, emerging as a genre during the mid-1960s among folk rock and blues rock bands in the United Kingdom and United States, such as Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, the Jimi Hendrix Experience, Cream, the Doors and Pink Floyd. It reached a peak in between 1967 and 1969 with the Summer of Love and Woodstock Rock Festival, respectively, becoming an international musical movement and associated with a widespread counterculture, before beginning a decline as changing attitudes, the loss of some key individuals and a back-to-basics movement, led surviving performers to move into new musical areas...'

Psychedelic rock

Psychedelic rock is a style of rock music that is inspired or influenced by psychedelic culture and attempts to replicate and enhance the mind-altering experiences of psychedelic drugs. It often uses new recording techniques and effects and sometimes draws on sources such as the ragas and drones of Indian music.

It was pioneered by musicians including the Beatles, the Beach Boys, the Byrds, and the Yardbirds, emerging as a genre during the mid-1960s among folk rock and blues rock bands in the United Kingdom and United States, such as Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, the Jimi Hendrix Experience, Cream, the Doors and Pink Floyd. It reached a peak in between 1967 and 1969 with the Summer of Love and Woodstock Rock Festival, respectively, becoming an international musical movement and associated with a widespread counterculture, before beginning a decline as changing attitudes, the loss of some key individuals and a back-to-basics movement, led surviving performers to move into new musical areas...'

I love psychedelic rock! :rock:

The short version. :D I heard this song was originally supposed to be called "In The Garden of Eden" but this guy was all messed up and couldn't pronounce it right. Lol. Sure a lot of you already know this, but just FYI.

Was lucky to have an older brother who was into music and discovered NEW bands for me when I was too young. He was at this concert. Their first album is still awesome and one my all time favs

Hear that manifold -- and when we lost Terry Kath to the foolishness of playing with guns we all mourned his loss

Chicago - Full Concert - 07/21/70 - Tanglewood (OFFICIAL)
Chicago (band) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Terry Kath - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

More Chicago at Music Vault: Music Vault
Subscribe to Music Vault: Music Vault

Setlist:
0:00:00 - In The Country
0:06:51 - Free Form Piano
0:11:21 - Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?
0:15:14 - 25 or 6 to 4
0:22:17 - Poem for the People
0:27:56 - I Don't Want Your Money
0:33:02 - Mother
0:38:48 - It Better End Soon
0:53:27 - Beginnings
1:00:13 - Ballet For A Girl In Buchannon (Make Me Smile) / So Much To Say, So Much To Give
1:06:53 - Colour My World / Make Me Smile
1:13:05 - I'm a Man
1:21:33 - Bill Graham Closing Announcements

Personnel:
Robert Lamm - keyboards, lead vocals
Terry Kath - guitar, lead vocals
Peter Cetera - bass, lead vocals
James Pankow - trombone, percussion
Lee Loughnane - trumpet, percussio, background vocals
Walter Parazaider - woodwinds, percussion, background vocals
Daniel Seraphine - drums

Kath was also said to be one of Jimi Hendrix's favorite guitarists.[1] Kath struggled with health issues and drug abuse toward the end of the 1970s. He died in January 1978 from an accidentally self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Kath joined his first semi-professional band, The Mystics, in 1963, moving to Jimmy Rice and the Gentlemen in 1965.[2][3] He then played bass in a road band called Jimmy Ford and the Executives. Considered to be the bandleader, Kath guided the band's musical direction.[7] Ford was the trumpeter, Walter Parazaider played saxophone and other wind instruments, and Danny Seraphine later became the drummer.[8] Kath became close friends with Seraphine as they formed the rhythm section, as well as with Parazaider. The three musicians regularly socialized outside of the band.[9] They were fired from the group, which wanted to merge with another band, Little Artie and the Pharaohs, while leader and guitarist Mike Sistack explained that "it's just business."[10]

In 1966, Kath joined a cover band called the Missing Links,[3] taking Parazaider and Seraphine with him, and started playing clubs and ballrooms in Chicago on a regular basis.[11] Parazaider's friend at De Paul University, trumpeter Lee Loughnane, also sat in with the band from time to time.[12] Kath's compatriot, James William Guercio (who later became Chicago's producer) was lead guitarist in one of two road bands performing on The Dick Clark Show with the Missing Links.[2][13] Kath received an offer from Guercio to play bass for the Illinois Speed Press and move to Los Angeles, but declined as he considered the guitar his main instrument, and wanted to sing lead. He stayed with Parazaider, Seraphine and Loughnane instead,[14] who quickly recruited trombonist James Pankow from De Paul, and vocalist/keyboardist Robert Lamm.[12] Kath sang the lower range of lead vocals in the group[12] in a style reminiscent of Ray Charles.[14] The group practiced at Parazaider's parents' basement and changed their name to The Big Thing. With the addition of singer and bassist Peter Cetera of The Exceptions, they moved to Los Angeles and signed with Columbia Records, renaming themselves Chicago Transit Authority. In mid-1969 the name was shortened to Chicago.[15]

Chicago

the first concert i ever went to was a chicago concert. :thup:

Psychedelic rock

I love psychedelic rock! :rock:

The short version. :D I heard this song was originally supposed to be called "In The Garden of Eden" but this guy was all messed up and couldn't pronounce it right. Lol. Sure a lot of you already know this, but just FYI.

LOL, once in a great while the longer version would be played... it was always thought that the DJ wanted to go out for a 'smoke' & needed the time.

Glam rock

Glam rock (also known as glitter rock) is a style of rock and pop music that developed in the United Kingdom in the early 1970s, which was performed by singers and musicians who wore outrageous clothes, makeup, and hairstyles, particularly platform-soled boots and glitter.[2] The flamboyant costumes and visual styles of glam performers were often camp or androgynous, and have been connected with new views of gender roles.[3]

Glam rock peaked during the mid-1970s with artists including T. Rex, David Bowie, Sweet, Roxy Music and Gary Glitter in the UK, and the Alice Cooper group, New York Dolls, Lou Reed, Iggy Pop and Jobriath in the US. It declined after the mid-1970s, but had a major influence on other genres including punk, glam metal, New Romantics and gothic rock and has sporadically revived since the 1990s...'

The only pre-90s music I like is blues, jazz and classical. Everything else sucks. Maybe the early work from NiN or Nirvana..
Of course, I am a metal head :rock:

The only pre-90s music I like is blues, jazz and classical. Everything else sucks. Maybe the early work from NiN or Nirvana..

You don't like classic rock? I love it! :) I think I like most kinds of music except country, but there are even a FEW (very few though) country songs that I like.

You don't like classic rock? I love it! :) I think I like most kinds of music except country, but there are even a FEW (very few though) country songs that I like.
Oh god no lol. Classic rock was terrible. I grew up listening to it.. The only band I carried from my parents music was Metallica. And they fuckin suck now.. have sucked for the last decade.. but their old stuff is :thup:

Oh god no lol. Classic rock was terrible. I grew up listening to it.. The only band I carried from my parents music was Metallica. And they fuckin suck now.. have sucked for the last decade.. but their old stuff is :thup:

No Rolling Stones? No Monkey Man? :D

:puke:
Now you owe me breakfast!

:puke:
Now you owe me breakfast!

How can anyone not like the Stones?? :ack-1: I'm shocked, I tell ya, SHOCKED! No Led Zeppelin, no Jimmy Hendrix?

none of em'.
There is one classic song I like... 'no quarter'. I think zeppelin sung that one. But that really is about it lol

Forum List

Back