1930's Redux?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
I know this subject has been address many times but, as a student of 20th Century European History, I am increasingly struck by similarities between current events and those leading to the World Wars: Ethnic unrest, assassinations, military buildups, territorial acquisitions, isolation, pacifism, etc. The latest example is a recent U.N. speech given by the Russian Foreign Minister which depicts the West as an arrogant and hypocritical arbiter of "what is good or evil." This is eerily similar to Nazi speeches justifying German expansion in the 1930's.

Considering our apparent acquiescence to Iran's nuclear program, are we headed towards another Armageddon?

I know this subject has been address many times but, as a student of 20th Century European History, I am increasingly struck by similarities between current events and those leading to the World Wars: Ethnic unrest, assassinations, military buildups, territorial acquisitions, isolation, pacifism, etc. The latest example is a recent U.N. speech given by the Russian Foreign Minister which depicts the West as an arrogant and hypocritical arbiter of "what is good or evil." This is eerily similar to Nazi speeches justifying German expansion in the 1930's.

Considering our apparent acquiescence to Iran's nuclear program, are we headed towards another Armageddon?

Iran's nuclear program's been a thing for about 30 years now. Have bookmarks going back more than 15 with US intelligence assesments declaring acceptance of their program even if it results in nuclear weapons is the only option. They're too far along and the program's facilities too spread out to prevent militarily. Have over 100 sites, many underground and hardened against airstrikes. Intelligence community consensus was back then any military attack to prevent would just strengthen their resolve and hasten the program.

It's now nothing more than a regular issue that comes up around elections. If we or our allies were ever serious about hitting them to prevent their program the time to do so was 30 years ago. Far too late now.

Iran's nuclear program's been a thing for about 30 years now. Have bookmarks going back more than 15 with US intelligence assesments declaring acceptance of their program even if it results in nuclear weapons is the only option. They're too far along and the program's facilities too spread out to prevent militarily. Have over 100 sites, many underground and hardened against airstrikes. Intelligence community consensus was back then any military attack to prevent would just strengthen their resolve and hasten the program.

It's now nothing more than a regular issue that comes up around elections. If we or our allies were ever serious about hitting them to prevent their program the time to do so was 30 years ago. Far too late now.

Intelligence report referred to above,
Iran Assessing U.S. Strategic Options Center for a New American Security

HTML summary above, full PDF report below,
http://www.cnas.org/files/documents...ampbell_Iran Assessing US Strategy_Sept08.pdf

Bookmarks are 15 years old, report's only 7 :)

It may be too late now, but it wasn't too late even 15 years ago. Besides, my concern is about what may happen in the future. Any thoughts?

Since the creation of the Federal Reserve the game plan seems to be:

1. Economic Wars
2. Currency Wars
3. World Wars

I think we're nearing the end of the Currency Wars phase and so it's up to the press to get us to support a Giant War that the Bankers can all profit from.

At the same time our children will receive little colored ribbons and get buried at Arlington Cemetery. The ones that survive will be cheated out of their health and retirement benefits.

Happens every time.

Forum List

Back