16 Historical "Facts" That Are Totally False

R.7a841290d3cd3b6123abbc96996e9587

Shortness is a matter of perspective. I'm quite tall, most everyone looks short to me. LOL That horse that Napoleon is depicted as mounted on was an Arab which are typically pretty small (14 to 15 hands). I used to own a couple but only my wife rode them as I was too big. They are hot blooded, and have the endurance of steel. Good choice for a warrior, IMO.

Veeeeery interesting.........

Everyone has a spin on history. Doesn't mean they are ALL right. YEAH -- Columbus never set foot on "american" soil. BUT -- what is this crap?

2. Columbus not only DID NOT discover mainland U.S (natives got there long before), he never even found it. The closest Columbus got was the Carribean Islands.

NATIVES HUH? Did anyone in the rest of the world KNOW about this? The common myth was you'd fall off the EDGE OF THE FUCKING WORLD before you got to any land. So -- Columbus FOUND NEW LAND. End of discussion..

Everyone has a spin on history. Doesn't mean they are ALL right. YEAH -- Columbus never set foot on "american" soil. BUT -- what is this crap?

NATIVES HUH? Did anyone in the rest of the world KNOW about this? The common myth was you'd fall off the EDGE OF THE FUCKING WORLD before you got to any land. So -- Columbus FOUND NEW LAND. End of discussion..
Good points......Yeah, natives did not found America they were separate tribes with their own 'nations' who actually warred with each other. They were only living on the continent.

George Washington was no hero in last analysis, because He was hired to murder a French Ambassador, French soldiers and their commander in order to start a war between England and France, which He did.

After that war, He helped start the American revolution war against England using taxes for paying for the war He started as the reason to rebel. He killed American soldiers for leaving His command when their time of enlistment ended.

Later, He murdered farmers in Appalachia for not paying His whiskey tax.

Abe Lincoln was no hero. He followed Karl Marx & and the Bankers to conduct a Communist Revolution in America.

Interestingly enough, the Vikings knew about America long before most European nations.

George Washington was no hero in last analysis, because He was hired to murder a French Ambassador, French soldiers and their commander in order to start a war between England and France, which He did.

After that war, He helped start the American revolution war against England using taxes for paying for the war He started as the reason to rebel. He killed American soldiers for leaving His command when their time of enlistment ended.

Later, He murdered farmers in Appalachia for not paying His whiskey tax.
Yes, Washington was fighting for the British Royal Governor Robert Dinwiddie in the Ohio country. Dinwiddie charged Washington to 'act on the defensive' and to 'make prisoners or kill' those who resisted British rule. Washington's troops killed a bunch of French soldiers at the Great Meadows. Washington's military prowess was instilled by the British which is why he prevailed against them later.

I could find nothing on Washington killing American soldiers. Got a link?

Yes, George Washington was POTUS during the Whiskey Rebellion where 2 people died. Now, go scamper back to your Marxist handlers. I await their rebuttal.....Not yours.

Last edited:
Abe Lincoln was no hero. He followed Karl Marx & and the Bankers to conduct a Communist Revolution in America.
That's a WAPO lie. You believe leftist, Marxist lies, parroted by WAPO and other alt-left media outlets.

"Brockell badly misreads her sources and reaches faulty conclusions about the relationship between the two historical contemporaries. Contrary to her assertion, there is no evidence that Lincoln ever read or absorbed Marx’s economic theories. In fact, it’s unlikely that Lincoln even knew who Karl Marx was, as distinct from the thousands of well-wishers who sent him congratulatory notes after his reelection."

In fact, it’s unlikely that Lincoln even knew who Karl Marx was

Oh, he knew who he was. Before the Civil War started, Karl Marx was the European Correspondent for the New York Daily Tribune, the leading newspaper for the Whig/Republican parties. And the two did write letters back and forth. But these were largely just generalities, and not unlike any others he would have written at the time to any other overseas reporters.

But to be honest, I am still trying to figure out how and why Marx and bankers would have plotted a Communist takeover. That makes absolutely no sense.

The common myth was you'd fall off the EDGE OF THE FUCKING WORLD before you got to any land.

Actually, that was wrong even then. It had been known that the planet was round even before 400 BCE. And amazingly accurate estimations of the planet were already available by 50 BCE. Where they differed is that Columbus did not believe them, and he thought that the planet was about 50% smaller than it actually was.

Which makes it a good thing there actually were two more continents in the way, as otherwise they never would have made it all the way to Asia.

So, if I go to somewhere I've never been before, am I discovering it?

Shortness is a matter of perspective. I'm quite tall, most everyone looks short to me. LOL That horse that Napoleon is depicted as mounted on was an Arab which are typically pretty small (14 to 15 hands). I used to own a couple but only my wife rode them as I was too big. They are hot blooded, and have the endurance of steel. Good choice for a warrior, IMO.
Actually Napoleon crossed the Alps riding a mule.

I just thought it was a hoot.

As I've stated in other threads..........WHO FACT CHECKS THE FACT CHECKERS???
:auiqs.jpg:

So, if I go to somewhere I've never been before, am I discovering it?

In a certain sense, yes. Lots of people visit new places and think to themselves that they have "discovered" something, especially if their friends and family have never been there or heard about it either. Good examples of that are finding a quaint little town that is out of the way that has good produce or excellent cafes and restaurants. The people who find these places think they have "discovered" them since the didn't know they existed prior to that, even though the place in question may have been there for years prior to them getting there.

Expand that mentality to a nation, and you can readily see why Columbus thought he'd "discovered" America, even though there were indigenous people who had been here for thousands of years prior to him "discovering" it. And, America had been visited several hundred years prior to him getting here by the Vikings.

Forum List

Back