14 Wacky "Facts" Kids Will Learn in Louisiana's Voucher Schools

Yet, He still sacrificed his life for you.

HE didn't do shit for me. What is your prayer success rate? Charles Manson isn't as creepy as the God portrayed in the Old Testament.

He provides you with the air you breath, the water you drink, the food you eat. He gave you your mind, your heart, your eyes, your ears. He gave you your skills, He gave you the unique attributes that make you you. He gave you your family. Your friends.

He has given you so much you don't even see. And He will continue to do so forever.

I'm happy that you believe that, because it obviously gives you comfort. Seriously, I am.

19 out of 119. SO DON'T SEND YOUR KIDS THERE FUCKHEAD! Jesus h christ...liberals bitch and moan fest.

They have the freedom to send them to govt indoctrination camps. Hey, but at least they'll know how to roll a condom over a cucumber during government sex hour.

O gawd, we can only hope.

Is there a fund where I can contribute to the condom fund? cuz these are folks we really don't want to be reproducing, if you get my drift.

they were to late for you though.....if you get my drift.....

lets see......

private education......vs..... public education.

ill take private over public any day of the week.

Not quite. Jindal is using the states tax money to teach kids how to be stupid. It's no wonder that most right wingers are complete unthinking idiots.

come to California Dick if you want to see Left Wingers who are complete unthinking idiots.....got a whole bunch for you to observe......lots of them are in Sacramento....

So you have personal experience. Is this what you think we should teach?

And the best HS here in the city is a catholic school.... which jews attend in droves. Are they going for the religious crap...or the education they receive?

I dont think any religion should be taught in school. But as i have said before.... i would take a parochial school over a public school any day.

I attended a Catholic grade school and University. They never tried to teach the shit that the bible thumper schools are teaching. People and dinosaurs coexisted??? The Trail of Tears was God's attempt to convert Indians??? The KKK was a respected organization that went after bootleggers??? Slave owners were usually kind????

These are some fucked up people.

and people wonder why others leave the left. they just take bits of selected history and run with it and once again if you dont agree with them, guess whos wrong? its never the left.

This nonsense is why America is going to shit. Texas executed a guy today with an IQ of 61, and he was probably smarter than these religious nuts running around loose.

Did he kill people? Then I dont give a fuck what his IQ is, so dont commit murders in Texas, Lakhota, your low IQ wont save you!

Compared to you, this guy sounds like Einstein.

Well I think the average IQ of an Obamabot is say 50. The average human is 100, and I'm a little above that....so thanks man
Oh and Dick, I still want to know, do you advocate small government since you created a thread on it. WHY do you duck the question?

lets see......

private education......vs..... public education.

ill take private over public any day of the week.

Not quite. Jindal is using the states tax money to teach kids how to be stupid. It's no wonder that most right wingers are complete unthinking idiots.

come to California Dick if you want to see Left Wingers who are complete unthinking idiots.....got a whole bunch for you to observe......lots of them are in Sacramento....

It's projection...that's why the Lousisna public schools suck in the first place, they teach liberalism and not reality.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzfJb3NKE8Y&feature=related]Sen James Meeks (D) Supporting School Vouchers for Chicago Public Schools - YouTube[/ame]

You know why liberals hate vouchers. They dont want black kids comming in their precious schools with the rich white folks. Why do they try so hard to deny minorities and the economically disavantaged to be able to attend a decent school?

"Freedom" doesn't mean that teachers should teach kids whatever they want.

No, but it does mean that teachers will teach what parents want their kids taught and not what a bunch of bureaucrats and government employees want to teach them.

The duty to instill critical thinking skills is in no way license to praise Nazism or to teach that 2+2 can be five.

What "duty to teach critical thinking skills?" Teachers have a duty to teach what parents want them to teach, and not a iota more.

Sooo, Jesus was God's son but also God himself. Okay, then why was he such a mild-mannered hippie community organizer on the ground and such a prick in the sky? That's some serious Jekyll and Hyde shit.

Sooo, Jesus was God's son but also God himself. Okay, then why was he such a mild-mannered hippie community organizer on the ground and such a prick in the sky? That's some serious Jekyll and Hyde shit.

He wasn't a community organizer. He only had one mission.

It appears as though you are trying to talk about the Trinity, but have left out one part.

I'm against the death penalty but an IQ of 61 is almost impossible for a human.

Whaaaa? :lmao:

I suppose it depends on the test of which there are several standardized tests...

Every test has a different standard...

Yep...that's why most States don't rely on IQ tests alone. They use observational tests too. They look at conceptual skills, functional skills, etc.

Conceptual skills would include thing like the concept of money and what it's used for.

Functional skills would include basic ADL(activities of daily living) skills. Like dressing bone's self, putting your shoes on the right feet, and correcting it if the person gets it wrong(knowing that it feels wrong).

There's more to it than just an IQ test. I'm not a Psychologist, so I don't know everything that goes into it, but as an aide, I have assisted in many of them.

Here's a Louisiana Charter school (not a religious school) that forces girls to take prenancy tests, and bounces them if they're pregnant.

http://www.delhicharterschool.org/w...sting/Delhi_Charter_school_policy_manual.html

If an administrator or teacher suspects a student is pregnant, a parent conference will be held. The school reserves the right to require any female student to take a pregnancy test to confirm whether or not the suspected student is in fact pregnant. The school further reserves the right to refer the suspected student to a physician of its choice. If the test indicates that the student is pregnant, the student will not be permitted to attend classes on the campus of Delhi Charter School.

If a student is determined to be pregnant and wishes to continue to attend Delhi Charter School, the student will be required to pursue a course of home study that will be provided by the school…Any student who is suspected of being pregnant and who refuses to submit to a pregnancy test shall be treated as a pregnant student and will be offered home study opportunities. If home study opportunities are not acceptable, the student will be counseled to seek other educational opportunities.

Infuckingsane.

Hey dumbass,

That is the way it used to be in public schools.

To bad we don't get back to it.

yeah....because that's what we need more girls with a mouth to feed with no education....and you call him a dumbass?

At least they are teaching stupid....as opposed of not being taught anything at all.

Public education has been boiled down to one thing. Testing. Event the best public school districts have removed critical thinking from the process. Now it's all about "teaching the test"..
Public schools no longer turn out thinkers. Public schools release kids who have no idea how to think for themselves. They have been told they must go to college or they are worthless. If those kids do not have the grades or did not test well, they are screwed. The Public schools have been failing children ever since some left wing educrat invented "outcome based education".

I agree, and NCLB was a huge factor in that.

You know why liberals hate vouchers. They dont want black kids comming in their precious schools with the rich white folks. Why do they try so hard to deny minorities and the economically disavantaged to be able to attend a decent school?

All of the sudden conservatives support a new big government taxpayer funded social spending program for the poor, while at the same time they want to cut Medicaid, food stamps, school lunches, college tuition assistance, etc., etc., etc.?

Why do you suppose that is?

Forum List

Back