Who said he turned down help twice?
Read the goddamned thread:

"Why Stevens, who died of smoke inhalation in the first of two attacks that took place late Sept. 11 and early Sept. 12, 2012, would turn down the offers remains unclear. The deteriorating security situation in Benghazi had been the subject of a meeting that embassy officials held Aug. 15, where they concluded they could not defend the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi. The next day, the embassy drafted a cable outlining the dire circumstances and saying it would spell out what it needed in a separate cable.
“In light of the uncertain security environment, US Mission Benghazi will submit specific requests to US Embassy Tripoli for additional physical security upgrades and staffing needs by separate cover,” said the cable, which was first reported by Fox News.

Army Gen. Carter Ham
, then the head of the U.S. Africa Command, did not wait for the separate cable, however. Instead, after reading the Aug. 16 cable, Ham phoned Stevens and asked if the embassy needed a special security team from the U.S. military. Stevens told Ham it did not, the officials said.

Weeks later, Stevens traveled to Germany for an already scheduled meeting with Ham at AFRICOM headquarters. During that meeting, Ham again offered additional military assets, and Stevens again said no, the two officials said.
“He didn’t say why. He just turned it down,” a defense official who asked not to be identified because of the sensitivity of the subject told McClatchy.
Ambassador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security, U.S. officials say

What's left to say when you've cost a man his life?
Stevens, and his team, felt it was safe enough to be there, 600 miles away from the embassy. They were tragically wrong...

Intelligent people refuse to allow you to speak for Ambassador Stevens. The call for help went unheeded.
Nope, and it's hard to hear calls for more security from a man who......................................................................................wait for it, .................................................................................turns down more security, twice.

Stop speaking for the dead.

The guy who asked for more security before the attack.

Ambassador sought security staffing before Benghazi attack, cable shows | Fox News

Tell us once again how great State and Hitlery handled the attack at Benghazi.
Handled it? They didn't even know about it, until is was too late. No one did.

They had plenty of warning and did nothing. And that nothing allowed it all to happen.
Had Stevens not been there that day, which was his call, he'd probably still be alive.

Wow, are you a wizard?
No, I use common sense. Try it sometime as in, when you go to kill someone and they aren't there, they usually don't die that day, or even for a very long time maybe.

Why was Ambassador killed?

Read the goddamned thread:

"Why Stevens, who died of smoke inhalation in the first of two attacks that took place late Sept. 11 and early Sept. 12, 2012, would turn down the offers remains unclear. The deteriorating security situation in Benghazi had been the subject of a meeting that embassy officials held Aug. 15, where they concluded they could not defend the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi. The next day, the embassy drafted a cable outlining the dire circumstances and saying it would spell out what it needed in a separate cable.
“In light of the uncertain security environment, US Mission Benghazi will submit specific requests to US Embassy Tripoli for additional physical security upgrades and staffing needs by separate cover,” said the cable, which was first reported by Fox News.

Army Gen. Carter Ham
, then the head of the U.S. Africa Command, did not wait for the separate cable, however. Instead, after reading the Aug. 16 cable, Ham phoned Stevens and asked if the embassy needed a special security team from the U.S. military. Stevens told Ham it did not, the officials said.

Weeks later, Stevens traveled to Germany for an already scheduled meeting with Ham at AFRICOM headquarters. During that meeting, Ham again offered additional military assets, and Stevens again said no, the two officials said.
“He didn’t say why. He just turned it down,” a defense official who asked not to be identified because of the sensitivity of the subject told McClatchy.
Ambassador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security, U.S. officials say

Stevens, and his team, felt it was safe enough to be there, 600 miles away from the embassy. They were tragically wrong...

Intelligent people refuse to allow you to speak for Ambassador Stevens. The call for help went unheeded.
Nope, and it's hard to hear calls for more security from a man who......................................................................................wait for it, .................................................................................turns down more security, twice.

He spoke those words when he was alive, dumbass. Unlike you, I don't have to make shit up.

The guy who asked for more security before the attack.

Ambassador sought security staffing before Benghazi attack, cable shows | Fox News

Tell us once again how great State and Hitlery handled the attack at Benghazi.

They had plenty of warning and did nothing. And that nothing allowed it all to happen.
Had Stevens not been there that day, which was his call, he'd probably still be alive.

Wow, are you a wizard?
No, I use common sense. Try it sometime as in, when you go to kill someone and they aren't there, they usually don't die that day, or even for a very long time maybe.

Common Sense?? Not hardly.

If you had common sense you'd acknowledge just how incompetent Hitlery and her State Department were and you wouldn't be blaming the dead for being dead.

Clueless.

the libs cannot continue to pretend nothing has happened.
Bad calls were made, by Stevens and others, and four men were murdered 600 miles away from our actual embassy (where no one was harmed). Your circus act of the dead to smear Hillary is just that, an act.
How far away was our navy from those sailors yesterday? We're assets deployed? F15s and drones overhead? Or was Obabble in the fetal position...

He spoke those words when he was alive, dumbass. Unlike you, I don't have to make shit up.

You're pulling a Trump, aren't you?
You don't know what words he spoke.

Wow, are you a wizard?

Why was Ambassador killed?
Good question. Why was Paris attacked? Why is grass green? To the last one we have a decent answer. To the other two it pretty much stops after humans are murderous assholes.

Wow, are you a wizard?

If you had common sense you'd acknowledge just how incompetent Hitlery and her State Department were and you wouldn't be blaming the dead for being dead.

Clueless.
Your irrational hatred is no longer worthy of my time.

Personally? Nope. But they've been reported by those he was speaking with, now haven't they?

Personally? Nope. But they've been reported by those he was speaking with, now haven't they?

Who was he speaking with?

Read the goddamned thread, for once. The links have been posted, at least twice now, just in this thread.

Read the goddamned thread, for once. The links have been posted, at least twice now, just in this thread.

I read the book 13 Hours; an eyewitness account of what actually happened. Of course the State Dept. is going to say anything and everything to cover their arses.

Wow, are you a wizard?

Clueless.
Your irrational hatred is no longer worthy of my time.

Your irrational cluelessness isn't worthy of mine either.

Carry on clueless.

I read the book 13 Hours; an eyewitness account of what actually happened. Of course the State Dept. is going to say anything and everything to cover their arses.
Gee, well it would be so much better if they just let some partisan hack lie to everyone instead.

How right you are.

And if anyone thought any of the investigations was going to blame State or Hitlery for anything then they were doomed to disappointment.

How right you are.

And if anyone thought any of the investigations was going to blame State or Hitlery for anything then they were doomed to disappointment.
You've had multiple investigations, all of which came to jack-shit about Hillary. There is no there, there...

Gee, well it would be so much better if they just let some partisan hack lie to everyone instead.

Enter Hillary Clinton.

there seems to be a lot of descension, about the story. certainly with the press lining up on one side or the other.
benghazi - Google Search

It is the most fateful moment in a movie that purports to present a searingly accurate account of the 2012 attacks that left four Americans dead in Benghazi, Libya: a scene in which the highest-ranking CIA operative at a secret agency compound orders his security team to “stand down” rather than rush off to rescue U.S. diplomats under siege less than a mile away.
According to the officer in charge of the CIA’s Benghazi base that night, the scene in the movie is entirely untrue.

“There never was a stand-down order,” said the base chief known as Bob, speaking publicly for the first time. “At no time did I ever second-guess that the team would depart.”

i'm always leery when last names are omitted. is bob in the pickering report ?

this is going to be a political issue as portrayed by sen. cruz in the last debate.
i wish hillary hadn't burned any email. why would her asst even need to take the 5th.

Former Hillary Clinton Staffer to Plead the Fifth

Benghazi: Obama's Actions Amount To A Shameful Dereliction Of Duty

The IBD editorial summarized the situation by the next morning as follows:
“When President Obama and Secretary of State Clinton stepped into the Rose Garden the morning of September 12, they likely knew [correction: they surely knew] the attack on our Benghazi consulate the day before was organized by terrorists. They knew because they were privy to a flurry of emails among administration officials discussing the attack in real time. Yet they said nothing about what they knew and, worse, had done nothing to mount a rescue despite American forces being less than an hour away during the seven hour blitz. According to Fox News, 300 to 400 national security figures received these emails in real time almost as the raid was playing out and concluding. These people work directly under the nation’s top national security, military and diplomatic officials.”

Last edited:
i'm bumping this myself instead of starting another thread, because i want to hear from the long weekenders.

i'd like to hear from some folks that saw the movie after it's release on friday, i haven't yet.

how will email and benghazi effect all the campaigns, not just hillary's ?

but i stand firm that this is obama's cover up. after the bodies were received, we didn't see hillary until her testimony to the US Congress.

Forum List

Back