113-year-old record broken as heavy snow hammers Northeast

Still believe in the Marxist Global Warming fairy-tale? The global cooling, not warming coming, just google.

A major winter storm shattered decades-old records as feet of snow buried portions of the Northeast at the beginning of the week -- and the snow keeps piling up.
1612382535371.png

New England used to understand how to handle snow.

Relative in Vermont was once highway superintendent for a small town with a tight budget. They gave up on plowing and went back to their roots. He found in the town garage a 100-year plus old wooden snow roller. Hooked it behind a tracked vehicle of about World War II vintage and packed the streets down. Cheap. Effective.

But then there was the guy in a Massachusetts city who used to have a potato chip factory but sold it to a well-known brand. They wanted the right to a chipping/frying machine he had invented so bought the whole thing. He took the money and started inventing. He came up with a tanker with flame throwers on the front. Fueled by used frying oil. It drove slowly down the streets melting snow in front of it and perfuming the air. Everybody wanted to eat potato chips right then! Figured he had just made his second million with the patents for that monster machine.

But not quite.

The melt water was meant to go down the storm drains but they were all packed with snow that the flames didn't reach. Instant ice-rink. Tough driving but great for sitting on the couch watching the blizzard stores on TV while munching those God-Damned potato chips!

No, that guy wasn't a relative.

Guess you guys in the Northeast kinda wish you were here in Amarillo right now. Today, the high was 77 degrees. Nice to go out in the middle of winter wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

There is an art to driving over a sheet of ice (particularly black ice). Back in the years before anti-lock breaking it was even more interesting.

There is an art to driving over a sheet of ice (particularly black ice). Back in the years before anti-lock breaking it was even more interesting.

YOU ARE CORRECT SIR! (points if you know where that is from). Back when I was growing up in Great Falls MT, we used to go out to the university parking lot (it was huge), and just mess around sliding all over the place. But, interestingly enough, after a few hours of fooling around, I started to figure out how to control the car and do precision slides. Yes, there is an art to it, and I wish that more people could have had the fun experience I did learning how to drive on ice.

Came in REALLY beneficial when I transferred from Jacksonville FL to Newport RI, and spent 3 days driving in snow.

... Yes, there is an art to it, and I wish that more people could have had the fun experience I did learning how to drive on ice.

Even more interesting when you have to learn on the Mass Pike instead of a high school parking lot. There is a reason why drivers up here are always so angry.

Even more interesting when you have to learn on the Mass Pike instead of a high school parking lot. There is a reason why drivers up here are always so angry.

Used to commute to university just off Storrow Drive. The very first week learned the first rule of Boston driving:

Never make eye contact.

If they even think you've seen them you lose any hope of right-of-way.

Used to commute to university just off Storrow Drive. The very first week learned the first rule of Boston driving:

Never make eye contact.

If they even think you've seen them you lose any hope of right-of-way.

Some people reading this Will think you are kidding.

I don't know of any Marxist archeologist but I do believe that the Earth has proven it will do as it wants.

I agree that the earth is going to do what it wants to do. The problem arises when scientists get political to the point where they falsify data to push the notion of climate change or global warming.

Global Warming sure is Freezing Cold.

Go figure.

I just got off the phone with a buddy of mine in New England and he said they got two more feet of global warming just last week...

Forum List

Back