11 year old, carrying a shot gun, saves family members from bear attack...

DIM BULB You failed to address my comment.

"You can bet wildlife management/game wardens got involved and inspected the animal closely to see if their story matched the gunshot wounds to the bear.
If they were all to the front of the bear I'd be inclined to believe them."
Meh. Show me where I say that you aren't allowed to protect yourself if attacked. Any fool can use a gun while walking through a forest. It takes real knowledge to walk through the forest and not put yourself in position to be attacked or to have to use the gun. The best shot you take is the one you don't have to take. This is what I've learned from my father and older brother, and what I've taught my children. And if you have no other choice, then by all means take the shot. But you know so much more than I, I'll just read and learn from you and your chums.

And now you're going to get all testy because your narrative fell apart.
And you still didnt address my comment.
I'm not testy, just don't believe in shooting my rifle unless I need to do so. The article says that the first shot hit the bear on the shoulder. Could've been a facing or a side or a 3/4 shot. What do I know? And suddenly our federal employees are incredibly knowledgeable and wise so that you trust them? I've seen more Park Rangers who are more clueless than you seem to need me to be to make yourself righteous. Go be righteous. The world is your oyster.

"You can bet wildlife management/game wardens got involved and inspected the animal closely to see if their story matched the gunshot wounds to the bear.
Meh. Show me where I say that you aren't allowed to protect yourself if attacked. Any fool can use a gun while walking through a forest. It takes real knowledge to walk through the forest and not put yourself in position to be attacked or to have to use the gun. The best shot you take is the one you don't have to take. This is what I've learned from my father and older brother, and what I've taught my children. And if you have no other choice, then by all means take the shot. But you know so much more than I, I'll just read and learn from you and your chums.

I'm not testy, just don't believe in shooting my rifle unless I need to do so. The article says that the first shot hit the bear on the shoulder. Could've been a facing or a side or a 3/4 shot. What do I know? And suddenly our federal employees are incredibly knowledgeable and wise so that you trust them? I've seen more Park Rangers who are more clueless than you seem to need me to be to make yourself righteous. Go be righteous. The world is your oyster.

It's easy enough to tell the direction the shot came from by simply looking at the path the pellets cut through tissue.
I know this because I hunt,and if I know this you can bet the game warden does as well considering it's their job to know such things.

It's easy enough to tell the direction the shot came from by simply looking at the path the pellets cut through tissue.
I know this because I hunt,and if I know this you can bet the game warden does as well considering it's their job to know such things.

birdshot

birdshot

What do you think pellets are?

Forum List

Back