11 month old baby dies from pot overdose

Did parents kill this child thinking they were helping something or was it fun to overdose the child.

Denver doctors say 11-month-old boy’s deadly heart condition was likely related to marijuana

marijuana was not the cause of death. are you incapable of reading your own link? Because it seems you aren't since THIS is what the link ACTUALLY said:

Marijuana, though, was not the boy’s cause of death. Instead, the boy died from myocarditis — an inflammation of the heart muscle.

Deadly heart condition related to marijuana. Not hard to see the cause. However, you better argument would be. Of all the documented marijuana users this is the first and only one. A baby!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Yes! It was the HEADLINE OF THE ARTICLE

Denver doctors say 11-month-old boy’s deadly heart condition was likely related to marijuana

It says "likely" there was nothing conclusive in the findings. That was an editorial choice. It is not reflected in the actual scientific findings. And no one disputes that the cause of death was a heart ailment.
You will understand me when I say I will believe the doctors over you any day! See the headline? Thank Ewe.

Except she's lying about what the doctors said.

Try reading the article and not listening to the loon o/p

This is what the doctors said! Are you sure ewe can read?

‘But, after ruling out multiple other causes of myocarditis, the doctors concluded that marijuana was the most likely cause of the heart condition. That finding, they argued, should be a warning to both doctors and to parents.

“In states where cannabis is legalized,” they wrote in the case report, “it is important that physicians not only counsel parents on preventing exposure to cannabis, but to also consider cannabis toxicity in unexplained pediatric myocarditis and cardiac deaths.”

you can't even spell the word you, willow ijit

and you're distorting what was said just like the wackjob o/p

that is less than surprising.

as you will also note, the doctors disagree and even the ones you refer to said "most likely" because they don't have a clue.

but please pretend you aren't a liar.
Please keep acting like you might have a brain. Cause you do not!

Did parents kill this child thinking they were helping something or was it fun to overdose the child.

marijuana was not the cause of death. are you incapable of reading your own link? Because it seems you aren't since THIS is what the link ACTUALLY said:

Marijuana, though, was not the boy’s cause of death. Instead, the boy died from myocarditis — an inflammation of the heart muscle.

Deadly heart condition related to marijuana. Not hard to see the cause. However, you better argument would be. Of all the documented marijuana users this is the first and only one. A baby!

they do not know for sure... there is some surmise, but they don't know.

"not hard to see the cause".... except that "science".... you don't ascertain the cause of a condition by pretending in your head that's what happened.

"not hard to see the cause".... except that "science".... you don't ascertain the cause of a condition by pretending in your head that's what happened.

Well, it seems as if some of the doctors who examined this child do in fact feel that exposure to marijuana may have played a role in his death. If you had a child who was sick with a heart disease, are you going to burn them up in front of the child? WTF is wrong with you? DON'T expose your baby to marijuana, meathead!

Well, it seems as if some of the doctors who examined this child do in fact feel that exposure to marijuana may have played a role in his death. If you had a child who was sick with a heart disease, are you going to burn them up in front of the child? WTF is wrong with you? DON'T expose your baby to marijuana, meathead!
It seems to me the Doctors did not have an explanation as to how a baby developed cardiac problem..collaterally they discovered that the child had an unexplained THC content in his body and speculated that it was the THC that had possibly led to the heart issue that unfortunately ended the baby;s life. This death and its cause including how the THC got in his system is certainly something that needs to be investigated and researched.however sweeping conclusions that THC killed the baby may be overstated and are certainly premature.
A human's brain development is in a crucial period into the toddler years and enters another such period in adolescence. I think marijuana use is contraindicated for those under the age of 19 or so,,,,

It seems to me the Doctors did not have an explanation as to how a baby developed cardiac problem..collaterally they discovered that the child had an unexplained THC content in his body and speculated that it was the THC that had possibly led to the heart issue that unfortunately ended the baby;s life. This death and its cause including how the THC got in his system is certainly something that needs to be investigated and researched.however sweeping conclusions that THC killed the baby may be overstated and are certainly premature.
A human's brain development is in a crucial period into the toddler years and enters another such period in adolescence. I think marijuana use is contraindicated for those under the age of 19 or so,,,,

Perhaps, but if you have heart disease, it doesn't matter how old you are. Inhaling smoke is going to have some very negative effects on your health. I highly doubt that exposure to marijuana caused the baby's heart disease. However, one can easily understand how exposure to smoke (cigarette smoke, marijuana smoke, any smoke) could make a person suffering from such a condition more ill.

Perhaps, but if you have heart disease, it doesn't matter how old you are. Inhaling smoke is going to have some very negative effects on your health. I highly doubt that exposure to marijuana caused the baby's heart disease. However, one can easily understand how exposure to smoke (cigarette smoke, marijuana smoke, any smoke) could make a person suffering from such a condition more ill.
although intuitively inhaling smoke seems unhealthy that may not be so ...tobacco and marijuana are both smoke able substances but they are not the same by a long shot. The active ingredient in tobacco is nicotine and nicotine is toxic its a poison used agriculturally for pest control. If a person absorbed all at once the nicotine in a pack of cigarettes they would fall ill and perhaps die.

The active ingredient in marijuana is THC tetrahydrocannabinol a very complex chemical of low toxicity so low that no credible overdose deaths have occurred with the use of it. There seems to have been long term interaction with the human body and THC as a "Cannabinoid network" has been identified within the human body that seems adapted to the THC molecule...

some points to ponder
Worth repeating: marijuana decreases risk of lung cancer - Smell the ...

blog.sfgate.com/.../2015/.../worth-repeating-marijuana-decreases-risk-of-lung-cancer/

Jun 9, 2015 - It's a counter-intuitive notion, since tobacco smoking causes cancer, marijuana ... have been shown in cell and animal studies to kill cancer.

Marijuana Kills Cancer Cells, Admits the U.S. National Cancer Institute ...

Cannabis and Cannabinoids - National Cancer Institute

Some think it "likely". They acknowledge no proof of causation.

And the o/p is a compulsive liar who misrepresented her own link.

But smoke is not the cause of death. The heart disease is.

That does not mean that smoke exposure is not a contributing factor in making the child more sick.

That does not mean that smoke exposure is not a contributing factor in making the child more sick.

They don't know. And that isn't what the o/p said.

I am certainly interested on how THC got into the child's system. How did the exposure occur ... I do not want even healthy babies totally free of any heart pathology or other pathology to be exposed to marijuana ...that seems a reckless disregard for the child welfare and health danger for a child for sure ...if one reads the warning label for aspirin one sees a warning to not give a child under the age of 15 suffering from flu/cold symptom aspirin because of the risk of Reyes syndrome which can kill..its clear immature human bodies react different than mature ones

The heart condition largely related to Marijuana.

That’s from a link in the article. You can’t put much stock in these studies.

We're not saying definitively that marijuana caused the myocarditis," said Dr. Christopher Hoyte, one of two doctors who authored a now-controversial case report on the boy's death.

I am certainly interested on how THC got into the child's system. How did the exposure occur ... I do not want even healthy babies totally free of any heart pathology or other pathology to be exposed to marijuana ...that seems a reckless disregard for the child welfare and health danger for a child for sure ...if one reads the warning label for aspirin one sees a warning to not give a child under the age of 15 suffering from flu/cold symptom aspirin because of the risk of Reyes syndrome which can kill..its clear immature human bodies react different than mature ones

Fact. Kid eats 10 aspirin they get trip to the ER. Fact. Kids eats a QP of weed they get a stomachache. As for how the kid got it, his parents likely had an edible or five, kid found them kid ate them.

It's just common sense. How do you think inhaling smoke affects your body? Do you think it has no effect on your body? Nonsense.
although that seems intuitively so it does not prove out as such in the case of marijuana ...the misinformation amounting to propaganda about Marijuana by Nanny Government has lead to allowing practices abhorrent in a so called Democracy...a Case in Point straight from the news

Couple sue after insurance agent tells police their hibiscus plants were pot
Couple sue after insurance agent tells police their hibiscus plants were pot

SARVER, Pa. (AP) -- A couple who say they were handcuffed for hours in a police patrol car after their hibiscus plants were confused for marijuana are suing the police and an insurance company.

Edward and Audrey Cramer say in a lawsuit filed Tuesday that a Nationwide Insurance Co. agent investigating a fallen tree at their Buffalo Township home sent photos of their flowering plant to police. The lawsuit alleges that Buffalo Township police officers with assault rifles went to their home on Oct. 7 to investigate.

Audrey Cramer, 66, said she was partially dressed when she went to the door and police would not let her put on pants before she was handcuffed.

"I was not treated as though I was a human being," she said. "I was just something they were going to push aside."

Fact. Kid eats 10 aspirin they get trip to the ER. Fact. Kids eats a QP of weed they get a stomachache. As for how the kid got it, his parents likely had an edible or five, kid found them kid ate them.
at 11 months there is enough gross motor development that babies can move about holding on to furniture and can even climb open drawers etc so yes likely ...its not good for the baby to have access to those comestibles ....
now me, that is another matter ...its wake and Bake city
smiley-smoking-bong.gif

Forum List

Back