100th Record Dow Since Trump - How Did Obama Do That?

Compared to what happened under Obama, Trump's "records" are kind of lame.

Some one has to explain that the Dow Jones generally goes up...

So when Trumpy was young they measured his height every week and he got a lollipop for setting a new record height...

This is how lame it is...

Trump is just taking credit for work Obama did and is borrowing hugely to maintain the buzz.. While other economies are preparing for a recession, Trump is spending like a drunken sailor...

When the recession happens if still in power he will come out with 'Nobody saw it coming, Nobody...."

Guess what? We see it coming and what are you doing about it?

Ok then, we've already established that this is the eleventh year of the Obama economy. So what work did Obama do, which President Trump is taking credit for?

Please name those pieces of legislation, policies, programs, bailouts, packages, bills, or executive orders of President Obama, which are giving us today's vibrant market and economy.

Compared to what happened under Obama, Trump's "records" are kind of lame.

Some one has to explain that the Dow Jones generally goes up...

So when Trumpy was young they measured his height every week and he got a lollipop for setting a new record height...

This is how lame it is...

Trump is just taking credit for work Obama did and is borrowing hugely to maintain the buzz.. While other economies are preparing for a recession, Trump is spending like a drunken sailor...

When the recession happens if still in power he will come out with 'Nobody saw it coming, Nobody...."

Guess what? We see it coming and what are you doing about it?

Ok then, we've already established that this is the eleventh year of the Obama economy. So what work did Obama do, which President Trump is taking credit for?

Please name those pieces of legislation, policies, programs, bailouts, packages, bills, or executive orders of President Obama, which are giving us today's vibrant market and economy.

Stimulus Package
Obamacare
Shareholder Vote on Executive Compensation Act – S. 1181
Re-empowerment of Skilled and Professional Employees and Construction Tradesworkers" or RESPECT act (S. 969)
Minimum Wage Fairness Act (S. 1737; 113th Congress).

usgs_chartSp01f.png

Obama was far more in control of spending than Trump...

Yes the DemonRATS caused the housing bust as Hud Sec. Under the Obomanation, Andy Cuomo. stated, so once it hit rock bottom it was easy recovery for that economic pygmy to build the market back up....what did that Afirmative Action jackass say.....our slow recovery was the new normal....yes, Trump took his MAGIC WAND to it, knew how to make it work and. SHAZAM!!!!...did what apparently NO ONE ELSE IN THE WORLD, could do!!!!

Yes the DemonRATS caused the housing bust as Hud Sec. Under the Obomanation, Andy Cuomo. stated, so once it hit rock bottom it was easy recovery for that economic pygmy to build the market back up....what did that Afirmative Action jackass say.....our slow recovery was the new normal....yes, Trump took his MAGIC WAND to it, knew how to make it work and. SHAZAM!!!!...did what apparently NO ONE ELSE IN THE WORLD, could do!!!!

Lets be clear you have lost any objective reasoning...

You are just babbling manure laden insults.... This is a discussion board, that suggests you have your mind open enough to see an alternative point of view...

Do you expect anyone to have enough respect with you with that tripe you have just written?

A serious question here. .........

Theres nothing serious about your ignorant moronic thread. The stock market has been great under Trump. Brief lulls mean nothing in the bigger picture. You're as fucking imbecile

upload_2019-11-28_14-13-48.png

So Trump last year had a loss greater than any year of Obama...

Facts hurt... Trump is borrowing huge amounts to keep this artificially high...

Why is Trump borrowing $1 Trillion a year if the Economy is so good?

Lets be clear you have lost any objective reasoning...

You are just babbling manure laden insults.... This is a discussion board, that suggests you have your mind open enough to see an alternative point of view...

Do you expect anyone to have enough respect with you with that tripe you have just written?
Sorry, the truth gets to you. And I see by my responses many in here agree with me...I am here specifically to counter the radical Communists you call your friends who post garbage and their distorted ideas. I care less if any of you delusional leftist respect me. Or disagree with me....This forum is what you make it for yourself, and not gratification of insignificants like you....hope I didn't hurt your butt...again!

A serious question here. The Dow closed at it's 100th record closing, since President Trump was elected. The S&P 500 also closed at a record for the 89th time, last Thursday. We are also seeing other signs of a strong economy, including a robust jobs market with low unemployment, soaring consumer confidence and a strong housing market.

Dow’s 100th record close since Election Day

My question is this: What specific economic policy, program, bailout, package, bill, legislation, or executive order did President Obama pass, sign, or put into motion, which could be accredited to today's strong economy and market?
How soon folks forget about Barry’s leading from behind strategery.

It's a false premise that daily highs are that big of a deal. If I keep and don't touch $1,000 in a bank account, the balance on each month's statement will be its record high regardless if the bank is paying out 18% (as it was in 1981) or today's utterly crappy rate. What's important is the return on investment (as CowboyTed charted above in post #26). That and also inflation - the underlying cause of those 18% rates back in '81.

A serious question here. The Dow closed at it's 100th record closing, since President Trump was elected. The S&P 500 also closed at a record for the 89th time, last Thursday. We are also seeing other signs of a strong economy, including a robust jobs market with low unemployment, soaring consumer confidence and a strong housing market.

Dow’s 100th record close since Election Day

My question is this: What specific economic policy, program, bailout, package, bill, legislation, or executive order did President Obama pass, sign, or put into motion, which could be accredited to today's strong economy and market?
Um...hey genius...with an average annual growth of about 10%, wouldnt EVERY President "set DOW records" during his presidency, just by maintaining a heartbeat?

By the way, the average growth under Trump is well below that expected average. So, historically, he is really lagging behind. So maybe a thread bragging about it is...absurd and cultish?

Theres nothing serious about your ignorant moronic thread. The stock market has been great under Trump. Brief lulls mean nothing in the bigger picture. You're as fucking imbecile

View attachment 292073

Obama started with an artificially low DOW.....Courtesy of the Fed and "market makers"

View attachment 292073

Obama started with an artificially low DOW.....Courtesy of the Fed and "market makers"
"artificially low"

Hahaha...oh man...sweet, then I should be getting a check for my "artificial losses" in the mail any day now! I cant wait to read the enclosed greeting card! "Haha! Fooled ya!"

:rolleyes:

View attachment 292073

"artificially low"

Hahaha...oh man...sweet, then I should be getting a check for my "artificial losses" in the mail any day now! I cant wait to read the enclosed greeting card! "Haha! Fooled ya!"

:rolleyes:
Never said or implied losses weren't real....haven't seen panic selling like that since the Depression.....funny how it bounced right back though instead of taking decades.....big boys made money on the way down

haven't seen panic selling like that since the Depression.....
Because, for all intents and purposes, it was going to be a depression. But we used the force of the strength of investing in the united states to generate capital to save ourselves (and maybe the entire world) from a depression. Despite bank failures, we stemmed a run on the banks. Thats a big one, there.

.funny how it bounced right back though instead of taking decades..
That was slowest recession recovery in history, in many ways. Maybe you got lucky and your narrow portfolio "bounced right back", but that experience was not the norm.

What standard are you using for comparison? What recession took "decades" to recover from? None. We expect a recession every decade as part of the natural way off things.

When Obama was elected the market collapsed. When Trump was elected the market went ape shit. We'll never see it, but if any Democrat is elected POTUS the market would most definitely crash. In other terms, smart money takes no stock in Democrats.

haven't seen panic selling like that since the Depression.....
Because, for all ontents and purposes, it was voi g to be a depression. But we used the force of the strength of investing in the united states to generate capital to save ourselves (and maybe the entire world) from a depression.

.funny how it bounced right back though instead of taking decades..
That was slowest recession recovery in history, in many ways. Maybe you got lucky and your narrow portfolio "bounced right back", but that experience was not the norm.

What standard are you using for comparison? What recession took "decades" to recover from? None. We expect a recession every decade as part of the natural way off things.
Was talking macro.....there was no where to go but up as low as it was without any policy help. I said depression not recession.

When Obama was elected the market collapsed.
Was talking macro.....there was no where to go but up as low as it was without any policy help.
Now that there is some grade a bullshit. So you knew when it was at its worst? Amazing. Please...no you didn't. Else you would be a billionaire.
Charting is more profitable than knowing whether there is a D or R in office, Hasn't been a crash like that in our life time and it simply bounced right back.....tells me the cause was artificial

When Obama was elected the market collapsed.
Was talking macro.....there was no where to go but up as low as it was without any policy help.
Now that there is some grade a bullshit. So you knew when it was at its worst? Amazing. Please...no you didn't. Else you would be a billionaire.

Sept. 2008 DOW, $12,760
Nov. 2008 DOW, $10,670
Feb. 2009 DOW, $8,567

Oct. 2016 DOW, $18,161
Jan. 2017 DOW, $19,886

Last edited:

Forum List

Back