100 stars "disappear" from the night sky.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Researchers Have Identified 100 Mysteriously Disappeared Stars in The Night Sky

9148130.jpg

Pretty crazy stuff when you try to ponder "how"

• Banned
a good portion of the lights/stars you see in the night sky are from burned out suns but the light they emitted eons ago is just now reaching us, my guess is those missing stars died a long time ago and we are no longer seeing the light they once emitted.
Don't stars go BANG when they implode on themselves? That kind of flash would be easily visible.

Pretty sure those that are studying this have taken all that into consideration lol

a good portion of the lights/stars you see in the night sky are from burned out suns but the light they emitted eons ago is just now reaching us, my guess is those missing stars died a long time ago and we are no longer seeing the light they once emitted.
Don't stars go BANG when they implode on themselves? That kind of flash would be easily visible.

Pretty sure those that are studying this have taken all that into consideration lol
Only those of a certain size. Not all of them by any means.

Someone must have come up with the Nine Billion Names of God.

Last edited:

I'm not claiming they imploded or exploded, but even if that happened and they did burn out what would be left to flash...there would just be a shock wave...I am also in no way claiming to know anywhere near as much about this as those who study it, I was just spitballing what I felt was relevant

Yes, it has been captured. They do not necessarily implode, but can explode.

Forum List

Back