100,000 people shot in the US per year! Good guy saving lives?

Firearm—In 2008, 31,593 persons died from firearm injuries in the United States (Tables 18 and 19), accounting for 17.4 percent of all injury deaths that year. The two major component causes of all firearm injury deaths in 2008 were suicide at 57.7 percent and homicide at 38.5 percent. Even though the year-to-year observed difference in age-adjusted death rate for firearm injury (all intents) was not statistically significant, notable changes took place in firearm mortality according to intent: The age-adjusted death rate for firearm suicide increased by 3.6 percent from 2007, while the death rate for firearm homicide decreased by 4.8 percent in 2008 from 2007.

lefty dems want to be able to tell Americans the types of guns that Americans can own , see England and the Aussies to see what lefty dems want done in the USA .

Firearm—In 2008, 31,593 persons died from firearm injuries in the United States (Tables 18 and 19), accounting for 17.4 percent of all injury deaths that year. The two major component causes of all firearm injury deaths in 2008 were suicide at 57.7 percent and homicide at 38.5 percent. Even though the year-to-year observed difference in age-adjusted death rate for firearm injury (all intents) was not statistically significant, notable changes took place in firearm mortality according to intent: The age-adjusted death rate for firearm suicide increased by 3.6 percent from 2007, while the death rate for firearm homicide decreased by 4.8 percent in 2008 from 2007.
For purposes of debate on commies trying to beef our guns, including the suicide numbers as part of gun violence is useless, irrelevant, and complete bullshit.

Gun violence deaths in 2008 were 12,163.

Killing people is not the only use for an AR style rifle. I used one for several years hunting coyote.

Well, for the sake of coyotes AND those babies at Sandy Hook, shove those ARs where the sun never shines.

Then why aren't you commenting here and calling for bans and confiscations ? Time for ALL Democrat politicians to unite and call for a ban and confiscation of "assault" rifles

You can always tell the ignorant ones from them using "Assault " a word describing an action as a manufacturing type of weapon.

NO ONE is calling for the banning of ALL guns....our country is too invested in the macho image......BUT, sane folks SHOULD call for the banning of military-style, assault weapons with extensive ammo clips whose ONLY purpose is to kill as many people as possible in the shortest number of minutes.....

All that you gun nuts are doing is FACILITATING murderous wackos' jobs for them.

Killing people is not the only use for an AR style rifle. I used one for several years hunting coyote.
They sure are effective killing many really fast.

100,000 people are shot in the USA every year!

How many were shot by a good guy with a gun saving lives?

The only good guys / hero's are the the people saving more & more lives of gunshot victims thereby reducing the murder rate. Gee I wonder why medical cost keep rising?
----------------------------------------------- you better check your numbers but that being said , heck , lots of criminals that DESERVE to be shot are shot by cops or homeowners and others KISS .
It's on you to prove the numbers wrong. Yeah a whopping 333 criminals shot a year.

Because criminals tend to be cowards, and will surrender or run away when confronted by a citizen with a gun.

And even the FBI has said that an estimated 100,000 crimes are stopped or prevented by civilians with firearms. Other sources estimate that number to much, much higher.

And we have much higher crime rates than countries with good gun control.

NO ONE is calling for the banning of ALL guns....our country is too invested in the macho image......BUT, sane folks SHOULD call for the banning of military-style, assault weapons with extensive ammo clips whose ONLY purpose is to kill as many people as possible in the shortest number of minutes.....

All that you gun nuts are doing is FACILITATING murderous wackos' jobs for them.

Mine was effective in killing coyotes, and allowed for a second shot if more than one came to my call.

But, someone offered me a price I couldn't refuse, so I sold it. Made a nice little profit, especially considering the enjoyment I got while I owned it.

The only good guys / hero's are the the people saving more & more lives of gunshot victims thereby reducing the murder rate. Gee I wonder why medical cost keep rising?
----------------------------------------------- you better check your numbers but that being said , heck , lots of criminals that DESERVE to be shot are shot by cops or homeowners and others KISS .
It's on you to prove the numbers wrong. Yeah a whopping 333 criminals shot a year.

Because criminals tend to be cowards, and will surrender or run away when confronted by a citizen with a gun.

And even the FBI has said that an estimated 100,000 crimes are stopped or prevented by civilians with firearms. Other sources estimate that number to much, much higher.

-------------------------------------------------- maybe and so what Brian ??

lefty dems want to be able to tell Americans the types of guns that Americans can own , see England and the Aussies to see what lefty dems want done in the USA .
I don't see lots off mass killing in England or Australia. Cops aren't killed regularly either.

-------------------------------------------------- maybe and so what Brian ??
Many of us don't like crime.

Mine was effective in killing coyotes, and allowed for a second shot if more than one came to my call.

But, someone offered me a price I couldn't refuse, so I sold it. Made a nice little profit, especially considering the enjoyment I got while I owned it.
Can hunt coyotes with a bolt action. Lot harder to kill many people really fast with however.

We also have a much higher rate of a particular racial subculture that glorifies and encourages gun violence, murder, and other criminal behavior, and ridicules anyone stepping out of that subculture by calling him a "sellout" or "school boy" or "sucka" or "bitch-ass" or some other form of ridicule.

I don't give a fuck how many people die. It is irrelevant to the right of the people.

We are going for machine guns. Give us 3-4 years and you will be moving to France out of fear.
:dance:

I don't see lots off mass killing in England or Australia. Cops aren't killed regularly either.
----------------------------------------------- yeah but the wankers have been disarmed and are all 'subjects' Brian .

Can hunt coyotes with a bolt action. Lot harder to kill many people really fast with however.

That is what I do now. But it is almost impossible to get the second or third coyote that responded to the call. They get to go on and continue to eradicate ground nesting birds, red fox, and to kill & eat pets & young livestock.

And just to be clear, my AR was set up for shooting accurately at distances. It was long, relatively heavy, cumbersome to carry, and terrible at close range.

Forum List

Back