10-year-old arrested for threatening school shooting in Florida

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
6761/Florida-student-TEN-arrested-threatening-mass-school-shooting.html

Well this is America in 2022. Maybe this kid was luky that he wasnt shot. That is not an unreasonable outcome in a casse like this.

As it is he has been charged with" making a written threat to conduct a mass shooting”.
I am pretty sure that this lawis incompatble with the 1st amendment as defined by thick rednecks.

These problems will still persist while we have schools. Sad but true.

Well this is America in 2022. Maybe this kid was luky that he wasnt shot. That is not an unreasonable outcome in a casse like this.

As it is he has been charged with" making a written threat to conduct a mass shooting”.
I am pretty sure that this lawis incompatble with the 1st amendment as defined by thick rednecks.

This is a step in the right direction. We MUST bring some sort of discipline back, especially for serious offenses. This is a serious offense, since it shuts down districts, sometimes for days.

I hope the child will not actually be jailed. If anything, he needs counseling. But I am not opposed to involving the police and having him arrested. He is 10--old enough to know better. Or he will now, at any rate.

This is a step in the right direction. We MUST bring some sort of discipline back, especially for serious offenses. This is a serious offense, since it shuts down districts, sometimes for days.

I hope the child will not actually be jailed. If anything, he needs counseling. But I am not opposed to involving the police and having him arrested. He is 10--old enough to know better. Or he will now, at any rate.
R.10ad5e961b34714d1326619defd18af6

I wonder if there's a father in his life?

Do you think that his family should have their guns confiscated ?

So, media sensationalization of shootings breeds more shooters?

You don't say.

:rolleyes:

Here are my thoughts:

* Social media loses its shit when what they perceive as “misinformation” or “offensive” is posted and they have tools in place to proactively shut down the poster. Clearly, Social media can find disturbing content (manifestos) and alert authorities.

* Schools and Bullying - many of these shooters were severely bullied in their youth and the schools did little or nothing to advocate for them. THIS BY NO MEANS is an excuse for the shooter but more of an awareness that schools need to do more for bullied victims.

* Armed school resource officers - until the volume of threats and incidents decline, we need more armed resource officers in schools.

Here are my thoughts:

* Social media loses its shit when what they perceive as “misinformation” or “offensive” is posted and they have tools in place to proactively shut down the poster. Clearly, Social media can find disturbing content (manifestos) and alert authorities.

* Schools and Bullying - many of these shooters were severely bullied in their youth and the schools did little or nothing to advocate for them. THIS BY NO MEANS is an excuse for the shooter but more of an awareness that schools need to do more for bullied victims.

* Armed school resource officers - until the volume of threats and incidents decline, we need more armed resource officers in schools.
So, you would turn social media into a weapon?

Do you think that his family should have their guns confiscated ?
Even if his address becomes a dry house, he can always find a weapon of any form anywhere else and even if just one life is taken instead of multiple lives, a murder has still taken place and it is still one life too many.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. The boy could always take his own life too.

Well he is getting his guns from somewhere and that is the logical place. Didnt Roof use his parents guns ?

No, he didn't. He purchased the gun legally.

So, please, explain to me your errant logic in confiscating his parents guns? And for what reason?

Years ago before the internet a 10 year old kid's social contact would be limited to a couple of friends and school kids and family. Today a 10 year old kid has the same social access as any adult although their brains are not developed. Factor in ultra violent movies and video games and access to more carnage than we can imagine and you have a recipe for federal intervention. There is no solution.

You are shitting me ? Seriously ?

That's how you explain errant logic?

No wonder so many people here make fun of you. If you're unable to answer my simple question, that's fine, but dodging it just makes you look more stupid.

I'll ask again. Let's see if you're able to rise to the challenge:

Please explain to me your errant logic in confiscating his parents guns? And for what reason?

That's how you explain errant logic?

No wonder so many people here make fun of you. If you're unable to answer my simple question, that's fine, but dodging it just makes you look more stupid.

I'll ask again. Let's see if you're able to rise to the challenge:

Please explain to me your errant logic in confiscating his parents guns? And for what reason?
Im lost for words. A 10 year old can buy a gun ? What hope do parents have ?

Forum List

Back