10 Punk/New Wave Classic Tracks

The only punk I own is Dead Kennedys. I use it, loudly, to clear the malingerers out of the house when the party's over,
Ha-ha! I've HEARD that you'll get the same result when you play Captain Beefheart's Trout Mask Replica. I DON'T own this one, I USED to. I need to purchase it again. I DO like a lot of the fine Captain's music.
*L* I forgot about Captain Beefheart.
I like Pil's "stop banging the door" to chase annoying neighbors out their house. *L*

Hard to find because some lame rock band stole their name soon after they disbanded.

Last edited:
If we're going power pop how about this under-rated classic?

The only punk I own is Dead Kennedys. I use it, loudly, to clear the malingerers out of the house when the party's over,
Ha-ha! I've HEARD that you'll get the same result when you play Captain Beefheart's Trout Mask Replica. I DON'T own this one, I USED to. I need to purchase it again. I DO like a lot of the fine Captain's music.
*L* I forgot about Captain Beefheart.
I like Pil's "stop banging the door" to chase annoying neighbors out their house. *L*
Beefheart's music is in a genre all its own. THAT'S what I like about it. It's part rock, blues, folk, jazz, avant guard, spoken word, and just plain WEIRD music. But it IS strangely appealing in its own way.

I'd never heard ANY of these! Thank you!

You're Welcome!
I was lucky to have access at the right time, to good music papers featuring and suggesting new music, access to great record stores with imports to persue my record addiction,
Lee Paris Alternative music DJ University of Pennsylvania radio, good Alternative music clubs in Downtown Philly, and to D.J. an alternative club myself.

Forum List

Back