$10,400,000 For Garbage

Thankfully, I do not run in such artistic circles. :poop:

John McEnroe sells Charles Manson-inspired painting for $10.4M
Modern art is an attack upon civilization in my view.

Reminds me of when a woman won the Laguna Arts festival painting contest only to then say her 2 year old daughter did it, ah ah on you.

Or the sidewalk statues in Germany. Garbage crews thought they were part of the trash pick up and took them all to the landfill.

An attack on civilization? I have seen plenty of art that I think is garbage, but an attack on civilization?

Reminds me of when a woman won the Laguna Arts festival painting contest only to then say her 2 year old daughter did it, ah ah on you.

Or the sidewalk statues in Germany. Garbage crews thought they were part of the trash pick up and took them all to the landfill.

An attack on civilization? I have seen plenty of art that I think is garbage, but an attack on civilization?
A civilizations art is a window into its soul.
The crap being passed off as art the last 5 decades is a corruption of our society.

The crap being passed off as art the last 5 decades is a corruption of our society.

It is not even close to the majority of art produced. Yes, there are some fringe elements. But that does not really do much to society.

It is not even close to the majority of art produced. Yes, there are some fringe elements. But that does not really do much to society.
The fact modern "art" even exists, let alone how it is pushed into public view by the left is an assault upon society.

Lichtenstein....Wynn bought a painting of his for 50 million

Some local "art" paid for by John Q. Public:

$200K:
okeanos.jpg

$339K:
carlsbad%201.jpg

The funny thing with "The Bars" is due to a California law they had to pay the "artist" a $123,000 bribe to allow them to finally remove them.

The fact modern "art" even exists, let alone how it is pushed into public view by the left is an assault upon society.

Yep. There is a lot of weird art out there. But the effect it has on the majority is minimal to nonexistent.

/---/ I paint and study classical art like the Old Dutch Masters and Hudson River art. There has always been modern art. What was modern in 1700 is now classical. what is considered garbage now may be classical in 400 years.
1234.jpg

$200K:
okeanos.jpg

$339K:
carlsbad%201.jpg

The funny thing with "The Bars" is due to a California law they had to pay the "artist" a $123,000 bribe to allow them to finally remove them.

Suppose these art pieces had not been paid for by taxes. Do you think you would have paid less in taxes?

$200K:
okeanos.jpg

$339K:
carlsbad%201.jpg

Suppose these art pieces had not been paid for by taxes. Do you think you would have paid less in taxes?
I always knew you lefties never cared about the poor.

$200K:
okeanos.jpg

$339K:
carlsbad%201.jpg

I always knew you lefties never cared about the poor.

Nice attempt at diverting the topic. I asked a very simple question. You gave a very nice non-answer.

/---/ I paint and study classical art like the Old Dutch Masters and Hudson River art. There has always been modern art. What was modern in 1700 is now classical. what is considered garbage now may be classical in 400 years.
View attachment 181862
Art requires a talent. The OP painting can be done by anyone who breathes.

View attachment 181862

And some art looks like it was created by a 5 year old, but is highly regarded by many circles.

Look up Bather by Picasso.

View attachment 181862

I think plenty of art could be done by almost anyone.

Like:
6SR6Kj
6SR6Kj
/---/ I see it in art classes when self taught painters attend. Not a clue about color, perspective, proportion or composition yet they say everyone loves their work. Yeah because no one wants to hurt your feelings.
The Art Composition Rules You Should Be Using in Your Paintings

I would argue the only art that is truly garbage is that art which is involuntarily funded through taxes. THAT is an attack on society.

This painting is, eh. I've no problem with modern art. If you like it, that's all that matters. I don't dislike this painting inspired by a monster, but I wouldn't bid on it either.

Here is what a POTUS had to say about modern art.

A few months back he invited me to come to his studio. We were standing around talking, when all of a sudden he said to me, “Do you want to see me earn twenty-five thousand dollars before lunch?” “Sure,” I said, having no idea what he meant. He picked up a large open bucket of paint and splashed some on a piece of canvas stretched on the floor. Then he picked up another bucket, containing a different color, and splashed some of that on the canvas. He did this four times, and it took him perhaps two minutes. When he was done, he turned to me and said, “Well, that’s it. I’ve just earned twenty-five thousand dollars. Let’s go to lunch.”

He was smiling, but he was also absolutely serious. His point was that plenty of collectors wouldn’t know the difference between his two-minute art and the paintings he really cares about. They were just interested in buying his name.

I’ve always felt that a lot of modern art is a con, and that the most successful painters are often better salesmen and promoters than they are artists. I sometimes wonder what would happen if collectors knew what I knew about my friend’s work that afternoon. The art world is so ridiculous that the revelation might even make his paintings more valuable! Not that my friend is about to risk finding out

Forum List

Back