1 shot - two injuries. Another 3y.o toddler fired his parents

so?.real numbers.....6-700 accidental gun deaths each year. Vs. 1.6 million times a year on average guns are used to stop violent criminal attack and save lives......

Can you do the math on those numbers....which is bigger?

and all by itself....6-700 accidental gun deaths in a country of about 320 million people....with at least 11.1 million carrying guns for protection.....

Again...do the math and tell me 6-700 accidental deaths by any means, in a country of at least 320 million people is a cause for concern......considering drowning kills 3,500 people a year.....I thre that in since you don't like the truthful comparison to car accidents......how about poisoning, or falls.....

1.6 million isn't a real number. You made it up Bill. And Kleck says based on his numbers most of them are criminals defending against criminals:
Kleck:
"This is true because DGUs typically involve criminal behavior, such as unlawful gun possession, by the gun-using victim, who therefore is often unwilling to report the incident."

And again...a normal, law abiding citizen carrying a gun in the 1990s for protection from violent criminals are the people in Kleck's study....but again......his isn't the only study......it is the most accurate and detailed....but only one of many......that prove you wrong....

Most defenses happen at home Bill, not carrying.

And a great number happen out in the world....so you can be raped, stabbed, beaten, tortured, and murdered....as long as you aren't at home....?

Sorry Bill but most defenses are done by criminals. Kleck says so.

No actually, he doesn't......and again...you ignore the fact his study is one out of 19 that supports high numbers of defensive gun uses....as found by both clinton and obama....two anti gunners...in fact...it is the clinton Justice Dept. study that claims 1.5 million defensive gun uses....clinton not a gun lover.....and the obama CDC study that says defensive gun uses are between 500,000 and 3 million a year......you can bet those guys lost their jobs on those studies......

1.6 million isn't a real number. You made it up Bill. And Kleck says based on his numbers most of them are criminals defending against criminals:
Kleck:
"This is true because DGUs typically involve criminal behavior, such as unlawful gun possession, by the gun-using victim, who therefore is often unwilling to report the incident."

And again...a normal, law abiding citizen carrying a gun in the 1990s for protection from violent criminals are the people in Kleck's study....but again......his isn't the only study......it is the most accurate and detailed....but only one of many......that prove you wrong....

And a great number happen out in the world....so you can be raped, stabbed, beaten, tortured, and murdered....as long as you aren't at home....?

No actually, he doesn't......and again...you ignore the fact his study is one out of 19 that supports high numbers of defensive gun uses....as found by both clinton and obama....two anti gunners...in fact...it is the clinton Justice Dept. study that claims 1.5 million defensive gun uses....clinton not a gun lover.....and the obama CDC study that says defensive gun uses are between 500,000 and 3 million a year......you can bet those guys lost their jobs on those studies......

Yes he does and I have posted the quote several times for you. It is very clear, you just don't like it.

500k to 3 million? Wow those are accurate numbers. So I guess 500k plus or minus 2.5 million? So maybe it is actually minus 2 million defenses? Sorry they are not accurate as is shown by the great variance in results.

Yes he does and I have posted the quote several times for you. It is very clear, you just don't like it.

500k to 3 million? Wow those are accurate numbers. So I guess 500k plus or minus 2.5 million? So maybe it is actually minus 2 million defenses? Sorry they are not accurate as is shown by the great variance in results.

500k to 3 million?

Hey...obama spent 10 million dollars in 2013 using the researchers at the CDC to study all the available research on self defense with guns.....ask them, not me.....

And clinton's Justice Dept. found that defensive gun uses were occurring at 1.5 million times a year......

And again...more detail into what Kleck, one of 19 studies, said about defensive gun uses....

Guns and Self-Defense by Gary Kleck Ph.D.

A national survey conducted in 1994 by the Police Foundation and sponsored by the National Institute of Justice almost exactly confirmed the estimates from the National Self-Defense Survey. This survey's person-based estimate was that 1.44% of the adult population had used a gun for protection against a person in the previous year, implying 2.73 million defensive gun users. These results were well within sampling error of the corresponding 1.33% and 2.55 million estimates produced by the National Self-Defense Survey.

Yeah....organized police groups are not gun friendly either.....

And this is what Kleck specifically says about criminal vs. self defense shootings...

The authors concluded that defensive uses of guns are about three to four times as common as criminal uses of guns. The National Self-Defense Survey confirmed the picture of frequent defensive gun use implied by the results of earlier, less sophisticated surveys.

500k to 3 million?

Hey...obama spent 10 million dollars in 2013 using the researchers at the CDC to study all the available research on self defense with guns.....ask them, not me.....

And clinton's Justice Dept. found that defensive gun uses were occurring at 1.5 million times a year......

Did they do a survey or just study the other studies? Either way as Kleck has stated it is mostly criminals defending against criminals. So who cares? I want to know how many law abiding citizens are defending themselves.

Obtaining a license to drive a car requires one is thoroughly tested for competence and ability. But no such testing is required to own firearms.

While I vigorously support the right of American citizens to keep and bear arms the factors of steadily increasing population, advancing percentage of mentally ill and anti-social personality types, and increasing complication in the mechanical nature of modern firearms, I strongly advocate the requirement for testing the competence of potential firearm owners.

Competence determination should include both a written test and demonstrated ability to properly and safely handle and secure each specific firearm one owns or intends to own.
My son-in-law was required to pass rigorous written and performance tests before his license to drive 18-wheel vehicles was issued to him, but someone who has never even held an automatic pistol or modern semi-automatic rifle is permitted to take possession of such implements on the basis of a background clearance alone. I consider that comparable to being issued a license to drive any type of motor vehicle on the basis of having no criminal record.

That won't do shit. We have driver's tests and people fuck up all the time.
Yes but I bet if we didn't require these things we would have much worse drivers.
If you ignore the rules on the street you're going to ignore the rules in your own house. People know to secure firearms, they just don't do it. Libs always seek laws for answers.

Toddler Wounds Both Parents With 1 Shot From Handgun

Well, dear gun-owners. This thread is about stupidity of people who think that guns will save their lives.
Another toddler shoted his parents, lol.
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — Authorities say a 3-year-old boy got ahold of a handgun from his mother's purse and fired just one shot that wounded both his parents.
I'm still waiting for real arguments, not for "do you know how many people die in car accidents", etc.
He shoots better than the cops....
Lol, you ain't right.

Forum List

Back