1 in 10 U.S. Deaths Blamed on Salt

Isn't it nice that Harvard now gets to decide your Freedoms for you.
I admit I scanned that article quickly, must have missed where Harvard decided we are prohibited from consuming too much salt.

How does that work, like if I go in my kitchen now and put a bunch of salt on bread will the Harvard campus police knock on my door?

Your kitchen programmed to notify the salt police.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVSRm80WzZk]THE TWILIGHT ZONE THEME - YouTube[/ame]

By Helen Whalen Cohen
Jan 11, 2012

After cracking down on salt, portions and smoking, Mayor Bloomberg of New York City has a new target in mind: alcohol. As part of the 'Partnership For a Healthier New York City', he will reduce the number of liquor stores in New York City and crack down on advertisements for alcohol. Someone should probably remind him that they tried this once already.

Michael Bloomberg is set to unveil his latest attempt to improve public health - cutting down on New Yorkers' alcohol consumption.

The city's mayor is planning to close liquor stores and restrict alcohol advertising, according to a leaked strategy document.

Such a move would be the latest salvo in Mr Bloomberg's public health campaign, which has previously seen him take aim at smoking, trans fats and salty food.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Will Obamacare Grants Be Used to Fund the NYC Nanny State? - Helen Whalen Cohen

Processed food using high levels of salt along with high fructose corn syrup is poison over the long run, If you want to eat that stuff , knock yourself out
Everything in moderation, and your mileage may vary.

There are plenty of people (most?) who consume processed food regularly during their lifetime and go on to live a relatively healthy life into old age, saying all these people are poisoned or implying consumption of processed food should be avoided to maintain good health is somewhat silly.

Harvard University is the government? Who knew!!!!:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Scientific studies at a private university is the government telling people what to do? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Science ,education and knowledge is a scary thing to some people!!!:eek:

Isn't it nice that Harvard now gets to decide your Freedoms for you.
I admit I scanned that article quickly, must have missed where Harvard decided we are prohibited from consuming too much salt.

How does that work, like if I go in my kitchen now and put a bunch of salt on bread will the Harvard campus police knock on my door?

Please let me know too how a private university has that much power.

Now you know why America laughs at the rightwing bagger "mentality", they "think" Education and knowledge is a big lib plot!! Real low Stuff, they wear their ignorance as if it is a badge of honor.:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
I don't believe a word of that report. I don't care. Eat, drink, live life and have fun. Everything in moderation. Live when you live and you will die when you die. Anytime one of these reports comes out, there is some hidden agenda behind it. No thanks.

November 29, 2012

The latest data on HIV rates in American teenagers and young adults offer a sobering message.

While the number of new infections in the U.S. is relatively stable — at about 50,000 people each year — HIV is on the rise in young people under 25.

Youths age 13 to 24 made up about a quarter of all new HIV infections in the U.S. during 2010, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported on Tuesday. And more than half of the youths living with HIV don't even realize they're infected

The bottom line: 1,000 American teenagers and young adults become infected each month with HIV.

"Given everything we know about HIV and how to prevent it after more than 30 years of fighting the disease, it's just unacceptable that young people are becoming infected at such high rates," CDC chief Dr. Thomas Frieden said Tuesday.

The upswing is driven largely by infections among young black men, who accounted for about 45 percent of new diagnoses in this age group.

Most infections occurred in men who have sex with men, the study finds. And, gay and bisexual high school kids were most likely to take part in risky behavior, such as having multiple sexual partners and injecting illegal drugs.

What's does the CDC say is needed to reverse the trend?

[Excerpt]

Read more:
HIV Infections Rise Among Young Black Men In U.S. | New York NOW

Forum List

Back