$0 Tip By Black Diners; Leave Scathing Note To Hard Working Waitress

Sorry, I waited tables way back when...blacks are either HORRIBLE tippers or the best tippers...nothing in the middle. Rednecks tip the best, because they can fall back on welfare. Rich people tip the worse...but racists excuse that by saying, "why do you think they are rich".

Yes I did but I don't remember every thinking that one group was better at tipping than others. There were individuals that were bad tippers and there were individuals that were good tippers.

I worked both lower and upper-end restaurants. places like Denny's and Big Boy's were typical for below average tips.

By the way, white people from the south were notoriously bad at tipping as well.

The thugs tended to tip fairly well...black females the worst.

Sorry, I waited tables way back when...blacks are either HORRIBLE tippers or the best tippers...nothing in the middle. Rednecks tip the best, because they can fall back on welfare. Rich people tip the worse...but racists excuse that by saying, "why do you think they are rich".

I agree with a lot of that, but there were always exceptions to everything. Most of the bad tippers were from the city. It seemed to be more of a cultural thing.

I'm attracted to black women and I would flirt a lot with them. Sometimes, they really hooked my ass up!
That pretty much confirms my thoughts. If you act in a manner that shows acceptance, respect, comfort with Black people, that may increase your tip as well. I tip better if I see you can relate to me. I once had a white lady pull some Crystals hot sauce out of her pocket after my catfish was served and I looked around for it on the table.

Yes, that is absolutely possible. But you cannot admit that the perception that blacks tip poorly reflects in how the wait staff treats them leading to no good tips.

Like I said, I worked at Denny's and was appalled at how black family's were allowed to stand unnoticed up front with no one trying to help them. They were people -- not tips.

I'm attracted to black women and I would flirt a lot with them. Sometimes, they really hooked my ass up!
Depended on the age...I worked at a Bennigan's (sheesh, 20 Years ago). It was a college town...to be exact home of Hampton University. The young black women...didn't tip at all unless they were in the restaurant industry. Of course, I am so beautiful, they probably thought I was unattainable so they tipped very poorly.

That pretty much confirms my thoughts. If you act in a manner that shows acceptance, respect, comfort with Black people, that may increase your tip as well. I tip better if I see you can relate to me. I once had a white lady pull some hot sauce out of her pocket after my catfish was served and I looked around for it on the table.

I grew up in the black culture and have always had lots of black friends. I often felt a bit out of place around white kids, only because I did not have a firm grasp on the white culture. I listened to Lionel Richie and the Fat Boy's and never had a clue about Bon Jovi or any of those white guy hair bands.

To say I did not understand or enjoy the company of black people is flat-out wrong.

Yes, that is absolutely possible. But you cannot admit that the perception that blacks tip poorly reflects in how the wait staff treats them leading to no good tips.

Like I said, I worked at Denny's and was appalled at how black family's were allowed to stand unnoticed up front with no one trying to help them. They were people -- not tips.
I remember...I avoided tables (if I could) if it were black college kids.

Depended on the age...I worked at a Bennigan's (sheesh, 20 Years ago). It was a college town...to be exact home of Hampton University. The young black women...didn't tip at all unless they were in the restaurant industry. Of course, I am so beautiful, they probably thought I was unattainable so they tipped very poorly.

Thank God I'm ugly as sin, yet lovable!!!

Since a lot of Black college kids have little money that was a smart move for you.

Since a lot of Black college kids have little money that was a smart move for you.
Are you kidding me....Hampton University kids are some of the richest out there. Serving was PT, I sold real estate as my FT job...my biggest clients were HU parents buying condos for their spoiled little shits. Got that hook-up while working at the restaurant.

You dont have to take extra time. All you need to do is your job and be pleasant. The more pleasant you are the bigger tip you get.

That's not always the case, some people wanted me to just shut my yap and bring their food. Customers require different types of service based on their needs.
You dont have to talk in order to be pleasant. What makes you think you have to talk alot?

At times, the job required it, like working the smoking section or late nights. There were a lot of tricks I used to do as well, I would ALWAYS give people five quarters when they wanted change for the jukebox. I always watched out for other tables that weren't mine as well -- they would eventually come back for me to wait on.

Are you kidding me....Hampton University kids are some of the richest out there. Serving was PT, I sold real estate as my FT job...my biggest clients were HU parents buying condos for their spoiled little shits. Got that hook-up while working at the restaurant.
I did the same for my daughter but she had to work for her own money. I always correct my kids when they "we're" rich. I say no but "I" do have a lot of money. You just live here.

Forum List

Back