Zorin OS 16.2, Best Alternative to Windows?

I checked out Zorin OS 15.3 quite a few years ago and wasn't all that impressed. This one released March 2022 is a huge improvement when it comes to user friendly Linux distributions. It will even allow the easy install of native Windows apps for new Linux users, like in Windows it pretty much does everything for the average user. This means it just might be a viable alternative for those with Win 10 computers that are not compatible with Win 11 or just don't want Win 11. I'm actually pretty impressed this time.
Note for those who want to try it out: There are 3 Zorin OS "flavors", the Pro version which is $40, the Core version which is free and the Lite version for computers that are over 15 years old.
Most average users will NOT need the Pro version.

I can provide links and/or instructions to easily download the OS, downloading Rufus to "burn" the OS (iso image) to a thumb drive or DVD and how to get your Windows machine to boot from these two sources. It's really not that hard.

That "LinuxFX" is pretty good for somebody that's a noob and wants a free OS that's not Windows yet fully functional.

(and it looks like Windows)

As far as security? Eh..mufugger has always on team..some shit in the libreoffice..that needs deleted.

I know it worked for me doing what I had to do, but I would not use it for a daily OS. The kernel probably isn't even hardened. 👎

I want a secure Linux, dammit! :tongue:

Linuxfx Operating System If you wanna try Linux? Yeah, that could get you going.

Me? I got into it from somebody that does it for a living and knows their stuff.

I don't even like the KDE and CentOS that he does. I know he knows his stuff, though.

My friend taught me quite a bit. God bless him!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back