ZOMG! Sanford nominates girlfirend to US Attorney post!!

He didnt bother to read the part where its a fact that she is qualified for the job.

Yeah, just ignore the fact that it is a fucking HUGE conflict of interest.
Most of us would condemn such moves by any elected official regardless of stripe, or qualification...and herein lie the difference between us and most of you political hacks here defending the move.

Should John Ensign resign?

No, but Max Bauccus should.

He didnt bother to read the part where its a fact that she is qualified for the job.

Yeah, just ignore the fact that it is a fucking HUGE conflict of interest.
Most of us would condemn such moves by any elected official regardless of stripe, or qualification...and herein lie the difference between us and most of you political hacks here defending the move.

Should John Ensign resign?

Is Senator Ensign fronting his mistress for public office? True he had an affair, and I don't condone that type of behaviour...but this isn't the topic now is it?

If *I* were a resident of Nevada, I would have voted against him, but alas *I* am not, which means that is up to the Nevada voters to decide now isn't it?

Your deflection, and obvious [wrong] interpretaion of the subject matter is noted.

We don't like Baucus tho so have at it. If anything about Lieberman comes out, go on ahead with him too.

You must admit, Sanford was quite the gift for Democrats as well...

So what your saying is, if you liked him it would be perfectly alright for him to nominate his gf to such a position, but because dont its not alright.

I really dont get your double standards.

Because to some, politics is a game... The object is to collect as many D's (or R's) as you can - doesn't matter if the person is unethical, a criminal, a hack, a transvestite, etc... as long as that letter next to their name matches the one on their card then (in their eyes) they are winning the game...

Exactly. And loosely translated for you Statists out there?

That means you don't care a WIT how it affects the nation as a whole, as long as your guy is in there and screw the rest of the country.

So what your saying is, if you liked him it would be perfectly alright for him to nominate his gf to such a position, but because dont its not alright.

I really dont get your double standards.

Because to some, politics is a game... The object is to collect as many D's (or R's) as you can - doesn't matter if the person is unethical, a criminal, a hack, a transvestite, etc... as long as that letter next to their name matches the one on their card then (in their eyes) they are winning the game...

That means you don't care a WIT how it affects the nation as a whole, as long as your guy is in there and screw the rest of the country.

translation: static and noise from the t as usual.

I read it!

It is ALWAYS ok in the time of a Democrat Administration for ANY Democratic to nominate his girlfriend to ANY political plumb position.

Such behavior is only wrong, in fact, EVER, if it is done by a Republican.

It's right there in the rules!

Boo Hoo!

The Democrats always get to do what they want....NOT FAIR!

Boo Hoo

As always, you libtards have missed the point. Or you are just to dishonest to admit it.

It's ok.

I doubt the American people will be as gullible as you seem to hope they are when the time comes....

The truth, however, is obvious. Had this story been about a Republican having nominated his girlfriend (regardless of how qualified or unqualified she might have been), you dishonest liberoidals would have been HOWLING over it!

Your hypocrisy is always on full display!

:clap2:

Or you are just to dishonest to admit it.

I think you meant "too" not "to".

Look!... Lying Ability cracked a funny. :lol::lol::lol: Two funny

Moronishness NOTED.

Boo Hoo!

The Democrats always get to do what they want....NOT FAIR!

Boo Hoo

As always, you libtards have missed the point. Or you are just to dishonest to admit it.

It's ok.

I doubt the American people will be as gullible as you seem to hope they are when the time comes....

The truth, however, is obvious. Had this story been about a Republican having nominated his girlfriend (regardless of how qualified or unqualified she might have been), you dishonest liberoidals would have been HOWLING over it!

Your hypocrisy is always on full display!

:clap2:

Or you are just to dishonest to admit it.

I think you meant "too" not "to".

Look!... Lying Ability cracked a funny. :lol::lol::lol: Two funny

SMuggly caught a typo! :clap2:

Moronishness NOTED.

sorry, undesired lower-power input signals and general static are squelched out if one wants to get useful input. this scandal is called noisegate.

My point is really very simple. CrusaderFrank posted a thread which included only the basic fact that the Senator nominated his girlfriend for a position. That is the half-truth. The rest of the story is that the Senator passed on six names for review - all of whom met the MQ (presumably) - and after vetting his GF was one of three sent forward without any ranking. That is the whole truth.

sure it is. i'm equally sure that baucus carrying the administration's water for health care had nothing to do with his girlfriend getting a job with the justice dept.

she was, after all, *qualified*

And Monica Goodling, was she qualified too? See, I too can toss out the red herring. Though unlike you I have the character to admit that is what I've done.

try to stay on topic, non sequitur boi.

the only character you possess is cartoonish.

Moronishness NOTED.

sorry, undesired lower-power input signals and general static are squelched out if one wants to get useful input. this scandal is called noisegate.

Your typical contributions, then, are called "noisegate."

Check.

no, you use a noise gate to squelch out my undesired input.

or at least you would, if you did not respond and did understand what i was saying.

Your typical contributions, then, are called "noisegate."

Check.

skrrrkkkkxxx skkrrrkkkkxxx skkkrrrrrrkkkkxxxx .

I'm sorry. Could you try to resubmit? Something squelches your general static and your lower-powered signals -- i.e., almost everything you post.

sure it is. i'm equally sure that baucus carrying the administration's water for health care had nothing to do with his girlfriend getting a job with the justice dept.

she was, after all, *qualified*

And Monica Goodling, was she qualified too? See, I too can toss out the red herring. Though unlike you I have the character to admit that is what I've done.

try to stay on topic, non sequitur boi.

the only character you possess is cartoonish.

"And Monica Goodling, was she qualified too? See, I too can toss out the red herring" How is that a non sequitur?

To me, if you seek to show your objectiveness and no conflict in interest, you simply don't apply or accept a position like that. It is plain arrogance of power to say it will not be a problem. People with true values don't do this.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Forum List

Back