ZOMG! Sanford nominates girlfirend to US Attorney post!!

what is your alleged point?

My point is really very simple. CrusaderFrank posted a thread which included only the basic fact that the Senator nominated his girlfriend for a position. That is the half-truth. The rest of the story is that the Senator passed on six names for review - all of whom met the MQ (presumably) - and after vetting his GF was one of three sent forward without any ranking. That is the whole truth.

Oh, and liability, your use of profanity is further evidence of a weak mind and a bloviated ego. Do you use oxycontin too?

Your POINTLESS is very SIMPLE-MINDED. There, I corrected your erroneous post!

As for your effort to "correct" me and my use of "profantiy," go blow yourself, asslicker. I have no interest in your lessons on morality or rhetoric or anything else. Do try to stick to a point and try making that point cohernetly and honestly someday. It would serve you well. (BTW, I do take properly prescribed Oxy from time to time. As we can all see, my answer to your putrid effort at ad hominem only serves to underscore how pathetic your posting efforts are.)

Max DID nominate his girlfriend. That he passed along OTHER names is of NO significance to the story. Your pathetic effort at evasion is duly noted -- and rejected.

And that is the half-truth. I know, a "half-truth" is a very difficult concept, and I can't expect everyone to get it.
Thanks for sharing.

Yea if he had an (R) by his name i'm sure the Hopey Changeys would be screeching 24/7 for him to resign. Not a peep out of them so far on this though. Just another good example of why people should become Independents and stop being slaves for any political party. When you become a slave for a particular political party you inevitably become a dishonest hypocrite. Baucus is a corrupt cretin so lets hope he gets the boot at some point.

his present term expires in 2014...

To avoid even the slightest appearance of impropriety, one does not nominate his or her lover for a job, regardless of how qualified they may be. Baucus did nothing wrong, but it doesn't look good. Did his lover get the job based on her qualifications rather than her association with a powerful senator and the favors he can perform? Probably, but we will never know for sure, there's the rub.

To avoid even the slightest appearance of impropriety, one does not nominate his or her lover for a job, regardless of how qualified they may be. Baucus did nothing wrong, but it doesn't look good. Did his lover get the job based on her qualifications rather than her association with a powerful senator and the favors he can perform? Probably, but we will never know for sure, there's the rub.

This is key...

My point is really very simple. CrusaderFrank posted a thread which included only the basic fact that the Senator nominated his girlfriend for a position. That is the half-truth. The rest of the story is that the Senator passed on six names for review - all of whom met the MQ (presumably) - and after vetting his GF was one of three sent forward without any ranking. That is the whole truth.

Oh, and liability, your use of profanity is further evidence of a weak mind and a bloviated ego. Do you use oxycontin too?

Your POINTLESS is very SIMPLE-MINDED. There, I corrected your erroneous post!

As for your effort to "correct" me and my use of "profantiy," go blow yourself, asslicker. I have no interest in your lessons on morality or rhetoric or anything else. Do try to stick to a point and try making that point cohernetly and honestly someday. It would serve you well. (BTW, I do take properly prescribed Oxy from time to time. As we can all see, my answer to your putrid effort at ad hominem only serves to underscore how pathetic your posting efforts are.)

Max DID nominate his girlfriend. That he passed along OTHER names is of NO significance to the story. Your pathetic effort at evasion is duly noted -- and rejected.

And that is the half-truth. I know, a "half-truth" is a very difficult concept, and I can't expect everyone to get it.
Thanks for sharing.

Half-truth is only a diffiuclt concept for you, it appears.

To the rest of us, who are not bound by your dishonest determination to escape the import of what happened, there is no reason to pretend (and you are just pretending) that this involves any "half-truth." What you need is a good firm dose of the full truth.

The full truth is that Maxy boy did indeed nominate his own girlfriend.

I read it!

It is ALWAYS ok in the time of a Democrat Administration for ANY Democratic to nominate his girlfriend to ANY political plumb position.

Such behavior is only wrong, in fact, EVER, if it is done by a Republican.

It's right there in the rules!

IF you read it, your comment reflects a deep non-understanding or an attempt to provide cover for the dishonesty of this thread.

yeah, it's really unfair and dishonest not to point out that she took a job with the justice dept in DC, instead, so she could shack up with baucus full time.

frankly, i'm disappointed, frank.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I was going to use Palin in Title, how much fun would that have been?

LOL, read my post above. What part of a lie by omission don't you understand?

what is your alleged point?

But the OP is settled science.

Partisan politics really can get to be pretty hilarious. Just take a look at all the Hopey Changeys spinning it that Baucus did nothing wrong. Pretty funny stuff there. I'm sure if Baucus had an (R) by his name they would be spinning it the exact opposite. More people should just become Independents and stop being slaves for any political party. When you become a slave you also become a dishonest hypocrite. Just read this entire thread if you don't believe me.

Thanks for sharing.

There wasnt a half truth. In fact, nothing about the statement that Sen Baucus nominated his girlfriend could possibly be a half truth. Because it's a simple fact. I understand you have a problem with this. It makes your partisan brother look bad. As well it should. That is why you are flat out lying about other people lying... which is ironic on so many levels.

For the record, a half truth is a statement that is partly true and partly false. There is nothing in the statement about Sen Baucus nominating his gf for the position that is false. Therefore, it cannot be a half truth. The information that he may have nominated others is quite irrelevant to the fact that he nominated his girlfriend. And therefore it wouldnt be a half truth.

Now if someone said "Sen Baucus only nominated his girlfriend for the position" that would still not be a half truth. Because that would a total lie. An example of a half truth would be "When you eat you shall not die, but be as the gods knowing good from evil" As part of the statement is truth and the other is an outright lie.

Clearly, you dont understand what a half truth is, which is again ironic considering how much you are going on about it in this thread. now to get specifically on topic:

1) Does the nomination of other people somehow negate the ethical problems in nominating his girlfriend? Why or why not?

2) Was he wrong or right for nominating his girlfriend?

More to the rest of the thread: This thread is another perfect example about how the left ignores the double standard. "It's bad if Republicans do it, but it's perfectly alright if we do because, we are better than them."

How can you nominate your girlfriend to a US attorney post?! Isn't that like outrageous or something? Did he check with his wife first?!

Oh, wait, it's not Mark Sanford, it's Max Baucus, he's a Dem so this is OK

Baucus nominated girlfriend for U.S. attorney post

Gazette State Bureau | Posted: Friday, December 4, 2009 11:30 pm | (26) Comments

Melodee Hanes was nominated for Montana’s U.S. attorney by Sen. Max Baucus while the two were romantically involved.

Related: Roll Call: Baucus Nominated Girlfriend for U.S. Attorney

HELENA - Sen. Max Baucus' office confirmed late Friday that the Montana Democrat was romantically involved with his state director, Melodee Hanes, when he nominated her for Montana's U.S. attorney, Roll Call is reporting.

We don't like Baucus tho so have at it. If anything about Lieberman comes out, go on ahead with him too.

You must admit, Sanford was quite the gift for Democrats as well...

How can you nominate your girlfriend to a US attorney post?! Isn't that like outrageous or something? Did he check with his wife first?!

Gazette State Bureau | Posted: Friday, December 4, 2009 11:30 pm | (26) Comments

Melodee Hanes was nominated for Montana’s U.S. attorney by Sen. Max Baucus while the two were romantically involved.

HELENA - Sen. Max Baucus' office confirmed late Friday that the Montana Democrat was romantically involved with his state director, Melodee Hanes, when he nominated her for Montana's U.S. attorney, Roll Call is reporting.

We don't like Baucus tho so have at it. If anything about Lieberman comes out, go on ahead with him too.

Who gives a shit about Sanford? The Title is a master stroke of genius of the OP. Sandford is equally rejected for his chenanigans as well.

Don't look now but your partisan slip is showing...

So the criticism of Maxy is ok since you don't like him anyway? But if you DID like him the criticism would be unfair, unjust and unduly partisan????

So what your saying is, if you liked him it would be perfectly alright for him to nominate his gf to such a position, but because dont its not alright.

I really dont get your double standards.

It is unethical to nominate the woman you are boinking to ANY position, regardless of her qualifications.

Why is this a difficult concept to some?

So what your saying is, if you liked him it would be perfectly alright for him to nominate his gf to such a position, but because dont its not alright.

While I agree with this post, I note I beat ya to it!

:lol:

It is unethical to nominate the woman you are boinking to ANY position, regardless of her qualifications.

Why is this a difficult concept to some?

I dont know... there might be some positions you can safely put her in.

Because to some, politics is a game... The object is to collect as many D's (or R's) as you can - doesn't matter if the person is unethical, a criminal, a hack, a transvestite, etc... as long as that letter next to their name matches the one on their card then (in their eyes) they are winning the game...

Forum List

Back