Zoiks!!! Obama gaffe could cost him the illegal vote!

"Bo messed it up scub!"

Shaggy_scooby_wnsd2.jpg

That would be "Scoob" not Scub.

Obama's flubs are nowhere near Bush's.

Bush said, "The important thing is, is our children learning."

Could Bush even read?

Stick to the topic at hand...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo0WlSvrIY&feature=related[/ame]

That would be "Scoob" not Scub.

Obama's flubs are nowhere near Bush's.

Bush said, "The important thing is, is our children learning."

Could Bush even read?

Oh boy, Mr Bush flubbed up, so that makes everything okay for Mr Obama.
See my above linked youtube about Mr Obama's stance on speaking Spanish.
He's a hypocrite and stupid.

I don't believe they know how to spell h-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-e

no.... bush was ill-informed and poorly read and i wouldn't be so proud of the guy who said his best day in the oval office was the day he went on a fishing trip.

but honest? i think we forgive people their little misspeaks when we like them. people couldn't stand bush, so his inarticulateness only made it worse.

if it makes you feel better, go make a calendar like the bush one that I had where each day had a different gaffe. it was good for a giggle during the countdown to his leaving office.

good luck finding anything as silly as "fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice....
won't get fooled again". that's classic stuff.

that said, very few people are as good speakng extemporaneously as Bill Clinton was.

President Obama greeted a White House crowd this afternoon gathered for a May 4 premature celebration of Cinco de Mayo, the Mexican holiday honoring an upset military victory over the French, whose troops didn't do so well in North America and don't celebrate the same day much.

Anyway, in a well-intentioned attempt at Spanish and a joke about being a day early, Obama said:

"Bienvenidos. Welcome to Cinco de Cuatro -- (laughter) -- Cinco de Mayo at the White House. We are a day early, but we always like to get a head start here at the Obama White House."

Apparently unbeknownst to the president he wasn't saying "Happy May 4th." He was saying, "Happy fifth of fourth."

El Presidente Obama celebrates 'Cinco de Cuatro' | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

Listen to him preach about how your children need to learn Spanish.
Good idea Mr Obama, that way they won't look like an ass like you do.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZprtPat1Vk[/ame]

That was a hoot!

no.... bush was ill-informed and poorly read and i wouldn't be so proud of the guy who said his best day in the oval office was the day he went on a fishing trip.

but honest? i think we forgive people their little misspeaks when we like them. people couldn't stand bush, so his inarticulateness only made it worse.

if it makes you feel better, go make a calendar like the bush one that I had where each day had a different gaffe. it was good for a giggle during the countdown to his leaving office.

good luck finding anything as silly as "fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice....

that said, very few people are as good speakng extemporaneously as Bill Clinton was.

Or other things!

Or other things!

well, i don't care about the "other things" except for I thought he was a good president. ;)

Bill Clinton was far and away the best politician of the last 20 years.

Take away the dark hue of Obama, and we are left with something of a goof.

His popularity sits atop generational white liberal guilt.

True dat...

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Please find a post where I said I was proud of Mr Bush. I dare you.
I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of the situation.

I saw that clip and noted the error with some amusement.

He was trying very hard to read from his cue cards without appearing to read from his cue cards. The effort clearly took a lot out of him as he has grown so used to the left-right-left-right gaze of the teleprompter. He was clearly thrown off his game by trying to appear "off the cuff" via his cue-card material.

Look folks, Obama seems like a friendly enough guy - he has a nice family....but the man is not terribly bright.

Not entirely stupid mind you - but he is a bit of a bumbler n stumbler when the script is removed...

Off teleprompter and On teleprompter - a visual demonstration:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1dkh2crci4[/ame]

Or other things!

well, i don't care about the "other things" except for I thought he was a good president. ;)

In his first term, I thought so too, just I thought Bush was in his first.

I'm not very optimistic about Obama right now.

Or other things!

I thought Bush was pretty awful from the beginning. i really wanted to like him, though.

clinton made huge mistakes and burned his political capital on the wrong issues early on.

Mr. Teleprompter probably could not see the screen and if he did, could not read it. What were you saying about Bush? I would advise all these politicians who want to wine and dine hispanics by slaughtering the spanish language to - forget about it! The only ones who they impress by trying are those from latin american countries and they can't vote anyway. Gabish?

I thought Bush was pretty awful from the beginning. i really wanted to like him, though.

clinton made huge mistakes and burned his political capital on the wrong issues early on.

Tried to look Bush objectively, and there were things in his first term that were noteworthy.

Signed two income tax cuts, which, at the time, we could afford.
Was seeking legislation to amend the Constitution to give the president line-item veto authority.
Worked on permanently eliminating IRS marriage penalty.
Increased small business incentives to expand and to hire new people.
Exempted food from unilateral trade sanctions and embargoes.
Provided states funding to help people with disabilities work from home.
Created a fund to encourage technologies that help the disabled.
Increased the annual contribution limit on Education IRA's from $500 to $2,000 per child.
Reduced H1B visas from a high of 195,000 per year to 66,000 per year.

Oh, and for those that have forgotten, employment rates were at their highest in history in Dec. 2006 -- just before the financial downturn began.

Especially if you figure out what the definition of the word is is.

President Obama greeted a White House crowd this afternoon gathered for a May 4 premature celebration of Cinco de Mayo, the Mexican holiday honoring an upset military victory over the French, whose troops didn't do so well in North America and don't celebrate the same day much.

Anyway, in a well-intentioned attempt at Spanish and a joke about being a day early, Obama said:

"Bienvenidos. Welcome to Cinco de Cuatro -- (laughter) -- Cinco de Mayo at the White House. We are a day early, but we always like to get a head start here at the Obama White House."

Apparently unbeknownst to the president he wasn't saying "Happy May 4th." He was saying, "Happy fifth of fourth."
El Presidente Obama celebrates 'Cinco de Cuatro' | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times
False alarm. The illegals were charmed by his amusing attempt to communicate in their language and love him all the more. :lol:

He was trying very hard to read from his cue cards without appearing to read from his cue cards. The effort clearly took a lot out of him as he has grown so used to the left-right-left-right gaze of the teleprompter. He was clearly thrown off his game by trying to appear "off the cuff" via his cue-card material.

Look folks, Obama seems like a friendly enough guy - he has a nice family....but the man is not terribly bright.

Not entirely stupid mind you - but he is a bit of a bumbler n stumbler when the script is removed...

I'd like to see any one of us do better in the same position. I even had a semester on public speaking and still often drew a blank if I was facing a crowd of would-be critics. As for Obama not being "bright," you just blew any bona fides you might have accumulated here. Somehow that non-so-bright fella has managed to turn YOUR world upside down. Quite a feat for someone presumed to be stupid.

Or other things!

Ironically, in general terms, when Bush was in office and someone mentioned Clinton, the standard retort was "CLINTON ISN'T PRESIDENT ANYMORE!!" Sound familiar? Fast forward and insert BUSH. But the big difference is that rarely did I see any Clinton supporters turn their backs on his accomplishments as president, such as so many so-called "conservatives" appear to have suddenly turned their backs on George W. Bush and his record. Many pretend they NEVER approved of Bush, which of course is a lie.

I'd like to see any one of us do better in the same position. I even had a semester on public speaking and still often drew a blank if I was facing a crowd of would-be critics. As for Obama not being "bright," you just blew any bona fides you might have accumulated here. Somehow that non-so-bright fella has managed to turn YOUR world upside down. Quite a feat for someone presumed to be stupid.

You could have said the same thing about Bush.

Forum List

Back