Zoiks!!! Obama gaffe could cost him the illegal vote!

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
President Obama greeted a White House crowd this afternoon gathered for a May 4 premature celebration of Cinco de Mayo, the Mexican holiday honoring an upset military victory over the French, whose troops didn't do so well in North America and don't celebrate the same day much.

Anyway, in a well-intentioned attempt at Spanish and a joke about being a day early, Obama said:

"Bienvenidos. Welcome to Cinco de Cuatro -- (laughter) -- Cinco de Mayo at the White House. We are a day early, but we always like to get a head start here at the Obama White House."

Apparently unbeknownst to the president he wasn't saying "Happy May 4th." He was saying, "Happy fifth of fourth."

El Presidente Obama celebrates 'Cinco de Cuatro' | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

President Obama greeted a White House crowd this afternoon gathered for a May 4 premature celebration of Cinco de Mayo, the Mexican holiday honoring an upset military victory over the French, whose troops didn't do so well in North America and don't celebrate the same day much.

Anyway, in a well-intentioned attempt at Spanish and a joke about being a day early, Obama said:

"Bienvenidos. Welcome to Cinco de Cuatro -- (laughter) -- Cinco de Mayo at the White House. We are a day early, but we always like to get a head start here at the Obama White House."

Apparently unbeknownst to the president he wasn't saying "Happy May 4th." He was saying, "Happy fifth of fourth."

El Presidente Obama celebrates 'Cinco de Cuatro' | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

OMG!! By all means add that to the list of impeachment resolutions. :eek:

"Bo messed it up scub!"

Shaggy_scooby_wnsd2.jpg

Obama's favorite telenovella.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EfObUzkjZB8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EfObUzkjZB8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

This is such an epic fail from Obama ... it belongs in the humor section. I can't believe he fucked up that bad ... LOL ...

When I heard it on the news, I couldn't figure out if he was joking, or if he really was that stupid and is going for breaking Bush's record.

OMG!! By all means add that to the list of impeachment resolutions. :eek:

too funny.....people made fun of bush gaffs for eight years.....and concluded he was a moron because of these gaffs.....now the shoe is on the other foot and suddenly no one has a sense of humor now......

too funny.....people made fun of bush gaffs for eight years.....and concluded he was a moron because of these gaffs.....now the shoe is on the other foot and suddenly no one has a sense of humor now......

Same old politics as usual... boring.

In the Justice confirmation threads you see them foaming at the mouth over whether or not the cons will try to filibuster so they can jump up and go "Gotcha!". You can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting a double standard.

I saw that clip and noted the error with some amusement.

He was trying very hard to read from his cue cards without appearing to read from his cue cards. The effort clearly took a lot out of him as he has grown so used to the left-right-left-right gaze of the teleprompter. He was clearly thrown off his game by trying to appear "off the cuff" via his cue-card material.

Look folks, Obama seems like a friendly enough guy - he has a nice family....but the man is not terribly bright.

Not entirely stupid mind you - but he is a bit of a bumbler n stumbler when the script is removed...

Listen to him preach about how your children need to learn Spanish.
Good idea Mr Obama, that way they won't look like an ass like you do.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZprtPat1Vk[/ame]

That would be "Scoob" not Scub.

Obama's flubs are nowhere near Bush's.

Bush said, "The important thing is, is our children learning."

Could Bush even read?

Oh boy, Mr Bush flubbed up, so that makes everything okay for Mr Obama.
See my above linked youtube about Mr Obama's stance on speaking Spanish.
He's a hypocrite and stupid.

When I heard it on the news, I couldn't figure out if he was joking, or if he really was that stupid and is going for breaking Bush's record.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9hZpJp7U3Y[/ame]

LOL! Been down that road.... Was just putting a little twist in the knife, since "reliable sources" keep tellin' me what an eloquent speaker Pres. Obama is....

New Topics

Forum List

Back